Fluger's Orky Adventures!

fluger

Your team didn't do bad against Biohazard,Steel Angel tied his game,you won against Torg and Saul slapped my walkers around(despite me trying to physically remove his flyrant from the game by throwing on the ground like a spazz).The only loss you had against us was with Mark`s Ork Bikers...but he rolled everyone he played anyway so no surprise there.

This and your painting looked pretty good I thought:)

Either way it was great to see such a large Ork foot army in action!

• Like 1

Your team didn't do bad against Biohazard,Steel Angel tied his game,you won against Torg and Saul slapped my walkers around(despite me trying to physically remove his flyrant from the game by throwing on the ground like a spazz).The only loss you had against us was with Mark`s Ork Bikers...but he rolled everyone he played anyway so no surprise there.

This and your painting looked pretty good I thought:)

Either way it was great to see such a large Ork foot army in action!

Oh, no worries.  We had more wins against you guys than the whole rest of the event combined!  Really what did us in is that while a few of my models are painted as well as I can do, they're about half of the total models and the rest is 3 color minimum with no basing.  Saul and Pete and Dale do fine in terms of painting, but I'll always drag it down.  

We each got a fav opponent pin, so we're OK when it comes to sports, but at OFCC, that's pretty much the baseline IMO. 

In any event, I don't go to OFCC to measure myself against other people, I *really* don't care that we were last place.  I'm only embarrassed I'd already packed the grot that I had designated for bucket duty! 

• Like 2

moar orks's

OK.

So, trying to get my Orks up to a bit more of a competitive list.  I'm convinced that Kustom Mega Kannons are going to be a big asset for dealing with lots of nasties.  At the OFCC, UselessWizzard had some cool artillery carriages and some cool guns.  As well, at the RTT that Lord Hanaur put on at Game Matrix, I had won a box of Killa Kans.  With some glue, a knife, and a bunch of random bits and such...

TADA

880YKwz.jpg

kZj7FCC.jpg

X16YwB9.jpg

QiFQVud.jpg

Rk2s5VU.jpg

jInshwN.jpg

GdgoZHk.jpg

enDwDQs.jpg

23tJbHJ.jpg

9gmdLPx.jpg

R0SbOzW.jpg

• Like 5

Great conversion, though are they really any cheaper?

I paid 2.50 for the parts from Useless Wizzard, and even had I bought the killa kans (which I won, so they were free), that's like 50 bucks and the mek guns are 42 a kit.  I also have enough spare gretchin that I don't have to buy any of those either. 

• Like 2

I paid 2.50 for the parts from Useless Wizzard, and even had I bought the killa kans (which I won, so they were free), that's like 50 bucks and the mek guns are 42 a kit.  I also have enough spare gretchin that I don't have to buy any of those either. 

So, if another wanted to replicate your conversion, how much would they cost?

So, if another wanted to replicate your conversion, how much would they cost?

A box of killa kanz, 2 dollars for 2 cheap dollar store cars, and then artillery carriages and the guns.  I have no idea where the gun barrels came from, so no idea on the cost.  Basically, you'd be looking at about 50-55 bucks I'd guess. 

I did some modelling putting together some scraps people had given to me and I did an inventory on putting together my 1850 list.

At this point I only need

3 Choppa/Slugga Boyz
2 Gretchin
1 Traktor Kannon (Dale was putting the finishing touches on one he already built...)
1 Wall of Marytrs bunker (going to scratch build it)

I played with the 1850 list I concocted a while back (and added in a unit of kommandos for 140 pts) with proxies last night against Lord Hanaur and really enjoyed it. Only thing I wanted to change was to get some kind of Leadership buff into those artillery pieces. I figured I'd just get an HQ mek for 15 pts as he both bumps the squad size to 9, which means it takes 3 casualties before they have to test, and he gets them to Ld7. To do that, I'm shaving off the barricade I got with the Wall of Martyrs and a single ammo runt.

Grukk Face Rippa: 130

Mek: 15

30 Boyz: 220
Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole

10 Gretchin and 1 Runtherd: 35

3 MegaArmor Nobz: 125 + 35
Boss Pole
Trukk: Reinforced Ram

Boss Pole

20 Stormboyz: 220

2 Rokkit Buggies: 50

4 Kustom Mega-Kannons: 120

2 Trakta Kannons: 63
1 Ammo Runt

8 Lootas: 112

Wall of Martyrs Bunker: 75
Ammo Dump

For 2k Games I can add in the 140 pt Kommando unit and the Barricade.  For games that don't allow the WoMB, I can use that 75 pts on 5 more lootas. 

So, I rummaged through my bitz bin some more and was able to find 2 more gretchin and 3 more choppa boyz.

I put them together and also did some work on my WoM Bunker. At this point, the only thing left to build is the rest of the Bunker and get the last Traktor Kannon from PourSpelur.

Speaking of PourSpelur, he stopped by on Friday and I think we've finalized the process for painting the Orks.

They CERTAINLY won't be winning any painting contests, but I think they look acceptable at table top level and the whole process should be super fast.

Oh, and I have to go through and drill out the barrels on a few guns first before I spray and start painting... Pretty stoked.

• Like 2

So, played against someone I met on WarSound over at the Game Matrix.  We were practicing for the Ambassador Tournament that's happening next month and tried out one of the scenarios. 

This was my list:

Grukk Face Rippa: 130

Mek: 15

10 Gretchin and 1 Runtherd: 35

Boss Pole

Boss Pole

10 Kommandos: 140

20 Stormboyz: 220

4 Kustom Mega-Kannons: 120

2 Trakta Kannons: 63
1 Ammo Runt

8 Lootas: 112

Wall of Martyrs Bunker: 85
Ammo Dump, Single Barricade

My opponent, Matt, was using a kinda hodge-podge of Sisters of Battle units. 

This was my first game in a long time not playing Maelstrom and it really threw me for a loop.  Maelstrom lends itself to aggressive play, but this mission was basically an old school objective mission with one in the middle.  I really overshot the objective, crashed into his forces, was beaten up and then conceded the objective late game. 

Had I been more tactical and played to the mission, I should've had an easier time of it, but oh well. 

Things I learned.

1.  When not playing Maelstrom, don't just run at your opponent, camp objectives and make them dislodge you.

2.  Stop putting lootas in the bunker when you don't need to.  He didn't really have anything that could shoot at them and it would've been better to just be on top of it and not get killed with dominions outflanking...  That or put it in the middle of the board...  Learn to use fortifications better!