Fuelled by Hate, It Will Not Die, and Warpsmith

BrainFireBob

So, Fuelled by Hate specifies that every time the Chaos Land Raider Achilles loses a hull point, its quad cannon gains +1 strength, and AP and leadership check modifier both decrease by one.

How would this interact with It Will Not Die or a Warpsmith repairing it with his Mechatendrils?

Also, if Legacy of the Scouring is purchased and a Warpsmith is embarked, if I'm reading this correctly, it would get two attempts at restoring any lost hull point (at the cost of being insanely expensive)?

My IW need a centerpiece tank. I'm getting a Spartan for my regular SM, and I'm trying to decide for my IW. I really like the look of the Achilles, so I'm wrapping my head around the rules interactions.

So, Fuelled by Hate specifies that every time the Chaos Land Raider Achilles loses a hull point, its quad cannon gains +1 strength, and AP and leadership check modifier both decrease by one.

How would this interact with It Will Not Die or a Warpsmith repairing it with his Mechatendrils?

Also, if Legacy of the Scouring is purchased and a Warpsmith is embarked, if I'm reading this correctly, it would get two attempts at restoring any lost hull point (at the cost of being insanely expensive)?

My IW need a centerpiece tank. I'm getting a Spartan for my regular SM, and I'm trying to decide for my IW. I really like the look of the Achilles, so I'm wrapping my head around the rules interactions.

Not a quad cannon, a quad "Mortar". As written, increases per hull point lost, not per hull point presently on the model. That would mean if you manage to lose 5 hull points during the battle, weapon would be S10 ap1. For refererence, look at the Khorne Lord of skulls which has a similar ability which specifically works in the same manner.

That said, an extremely expensive Land Raider which is largely dependent on the opponent to damage, but not destroy, in order to make it viable.

Scouring Legacy just adds the it will not die USR. This abiltiy doesn't allow multiple attempts for a model with multiple sources of the same rule. Techmarine/warpsmith repairs are different and would be allowed in addition to the It will not die attempt. Multiple embarked techmarines/warpsmiths does allow multiple repair attempts.

That confirms my read.

Twinlibked multimeltas with a possible pintle is a nice in your face unit. Expensive, but meh.

330pts base cost is not just expensive - that's overpriced. It's also an additional 45pts for that legacy. 375pts and you've gotten to the cost of my super heavy (Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer is 355pts base).

Remember, it doesn't have machine spirit, so you can't really use the barrage and the MM together to very good effect.

The HP lost to improve the main weapon sounds good, but it leaves too much control in the hands of your opponent. It encourages the opponent to ignore the tank until they have certainty that they can destroy it in a single round.

Granted. I am looking for a centerpiece for my Warpsmith for Apoc. 390 for the.multimeltas, run it in my opponent's face, he makes it better or it soaks a ton of firepower.

Not compwtitive, but a nice rut breaker and a nice kit.

Seems like you could do better.