Dr's and stuff

Hello all. Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words about Keisha. She was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday. We were lucky and found it early, only noticing it a few weeks ago. 

Long term things look good, but we won't know for sure what the plan is until we head to seattle in a week or so. Everything from the Biopsy results make us think a surgery should be able to remove the damage and she will be good to go in a few months.

Sorry to create the drama in the weekly game post. I just didn't remember the apt when I posted, kind of was putting it out of mind until it showed up. We will resume playing board games this week.

So lesson from this is to make sure your partner checks themselves out regularly, or you know help her out yourself! 

• Like 1

Oh man, my thoughts are with you two. It's great that you all caught things early. I know a lot depends on the specific type of tumor, but I'm sure that you are aware that many types are very, very treatable. I'm really glad the biopsy results were positive! It's still stressful as hell, of course.

To extend the whole life-lesson thing: Gents, check your balls! Ages 20 to 34 are the big danger-zone for testicular cancer, and you need to be doing testicular self-exams on a regular basis. If you don't know what your testicles feel like normally, you're not going to notice anything abnormal.

• Like 1

Jim: I check them at least 4 times a night. They get pretty exhausted though. Gotta keep hydrated.

Keisha: In all seriousness the Warhamsters isn't just a gaming group of snotty nosed nerds. We do care and our thoughts are with you. Take care and if you need anything I will personally do whatever is in my power to help you out. The best news is you caught it early. Neither one of you are alone.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.