Harlequin Skyreaver Pic

scottshoemaker

Scans of the italian codex are posted by Manwe on Warseer (posting them here is against the forum rules afaik - links only)

Deathjester and Shadowseer

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403593-A-Laugh-For-Christmas&p=7383826&viewfull=1#post7383826

Formations

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?403593-A-Laugh-For-Christmas&p=7383878&viewfull=1#post7383878

Scans for the Shadowseer and the Deathjester. Special rule with a name perfect for a James Bond film^^"

La Morte Non basta (don't know how to translate this in English: Death is not enough?^^"): if the shuriken canon kills a model in a unit target by the DJ, it passes a test just like it loses 25% of it's models, but with a -2 Cd (U mad, Mask of Secrets?). If the test is failed, the arlequin player choses the direction of the unit flight for this turn (like... right in front of an harlequin unit ready to charge? '-').

There are also some scans for the differents formations in the codex, certains with some restrictions (like "All units must have a starweaver"), and others without.

By Gropius in the same topic

Re: A Laugh For Christmas

1 Troupe + 1 unit of Skyweavers + 1 unit of Voidweavers (Cegorach's Jest)

Every unit with Fleet can run and charge in the same turn from second turn onwards.

3 Troupes + 2 units of Skyweavers + 3 Starweaver +1 unit of Voidweavers

Troupes have to take the Starweavers as dedicated transports? Not Sure but I think the troupes can use Hit and Run to embark on the Starweavers. If Troupe leader is Warlord he can re-roll his trait when using the Harlequin tables.

The full detachment formation

Every unit with Fleet can run and charge in the same turn from second turn onwards. If Troupe leader is Warlord he can re-roll his trait when using the Harlequin tables. Units in the formation re-roll 1s when making invulnarable saves.

ZeroNoRyouki on Warseer translates more

The formations are awesome! I'm Italian so I can traslate them for you if you like. This is the first one:

1) 3 Troups, 3 DJ, 3 SS, 1 Solitaire, 2 units of Skyweavers, 1 unit of Voidweavers

Restriction: none

Special rules:

- outstanding performace (you may reroll inv saves of 1 for all the models of the formation)

- emissary of Cegorach (if the troup master is your warlord, you can reroll his harlequin's warlord trait)

- pressing Crescendo (from the beginning of turn 2, all units in this formation with the Fleet special rule can Run and Charge in the same turn) <-- this is huge!

PS: Crescendo is a musical term so i'm leaving as it is

• Like 1

Via ZeroNoRyouki on Warseer from /tg

More info from tg:

- allies confirmed

- warlord traits:

"Light" table

1) the warlord reroll all to-hit of 1 (shooting & cc) and all saves of 1

2) 4+ inv for the the warlord

3) the warlord and his unit can add 1" every time they move (movement, running, charging, fall back, regroup, hit&run, consolidation, sweep etc etc)

4) you can add 4 to any roll to steal the initiative

5) before deployment, choose up to D3 units from your primary detachment. every unit gain one of: deep strike, infiltrate, scout (choose as you like)

6) immediately after deployment and after scout moves, you can remove from the table your warlord and/or up to other D3 friendly units with the Harlequins faction within 12" of the warlord. Any units removed this way may immediately deployed using normal deploiment rules or put in Reserve

DJ and SS can roll a D6 on the BRB tables or a D3 (that's not a typo) on the Harlequins ones

The Troupe master can roll a D6 on every tables (BRB & codex)

working on the other tables...

• Like 1

So, out of curiosity, does naming the book "Codex Eldar: Harlequins" mean that Harlequins can be made Fearless by an allied Avatar? :question:

Nop, Codex Eldar: Harlequins is not Codex:Eldar (whis is the requirement of the Avatar bubble)

Btw, I'm ZeroNoRyouki on warseer. Here the last trait tables in case you missed them over there:

"twilight" table

1-3) same as Light

4) if the mission use variable lenght, you can add or substract 2 to the roll to determine if the game ends

5) any to-wound roll of 6 made by the warlord in close combat (or any to-wound roll of 5+ while making a Kiss of Death attack) gain the Instant Death special rule

6) once per game your warlord and his unit can make a "mirror leap" instead of moving: they can move 24", moving over other models and terrains like in open terrain but cannon end over other models or in impassable terrains. They cannot charge in the same turn

"darkness" table

1-3) same as Light

4) enemy units in base contact with the warlord or his unit must roll an additional D6 while taking Fear or Morale tests

5) at the end of the game, before declaring the winner, you can move one time only your warlord and his unit like in the movement phase, than they can run or shoot like in the shooting phase, and, next, if you so desire, can charge and fight a single turn of combact like in the assault phase (the adversary can overwath and fight normally). If your warlord is locked in combat at the end of the game, he and his unit can only choose to fight an additional turn of combat. If the warlord unit is embarked, it can disembark but the transport cannot move or shoot. After the warlord and his unit have done this extra action the game end (finally I may say...)

6) if your warlord is removed from play while in a challenge, the players roll out immediately: if you win the roll out or if it is a tie the adversary of your warlord is removed as well

This look more and more like Codex: TROOLS

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been posted already but, I didn't take the time to scroll through 60pgs of forum looking for it.

[/img]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12790&d=1423950743

It looks as though the Shadowseer is a ML1 and is upgradable to a ML2 for 25pts. I don't speak Italian but was able to make this much out anyway.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Been kinda following this release and yeah it looks like I may jump in on these,it would probably be my 12 year olds 40k army to play since he is nuts over these models,that of course doesn't stop me from plopping them down now and then hehe.

Anyhow,I see a t3 army ala elves as usual..but what kinds of saves are these guys looking at?..any armor? or is it pretty much some fancy cover save shenanigans?

Looking like they will have some nasty alpha stiking stuff going on but will they hold up to all the shooting out there?

• Like 1

RC, they have 5+ invul saves base.  They also get to cast Veil of Tears to be really hard to shoot.  Then they hit like a freight train in melee at high initiative.  

I think if you have a CAD with a farseer (or two!?!?!) you can really make these guys work really well.  Maybe two minimum sized ranger units and two farseers then the harlequin formation should be about right?  Add in other things to taste.  

• Like 1

hmmm I am thinking "great harlequin" - from CE with lance bike and mantle as per typical.... shining spears... and 2 jet bike units... along with the harlequins maybe some WL's  and possibly something from DE book :)  - I will know more after the reality of the codex is in my hands lol... and all the plans change again

• Like 2