Ideas for Brad's new Game Cocaine Cowboys!

One cockatiel card, coming up.

Changelog:

-All Upgrade cards clearly marked as so.

-Made a new category of discarding called Trashing to differentiate when you get rid of cards to your own pile to be drawn again vs the central one.

-Speed and Cargo upgrades cost increased from 4 to 5.

-Wormholes renamed to Jump Gates

-Jump Gates value decreased from 6 to 5.  Jump Gates are no longer trashed when used.

-Improbability Drive properly converted to Upgrade, value decreased from 6 to 5.  Cost increased from 6 to 8.

-Improbability Drive and Jump Gates no longer take you straight to planet, now take you to Orbit (final space on each track).

-Improbability Drive also makes you draw a card from the central stack and place it in the adjacent space.  For funsies.  That card could be picked up by another ship.

-New Wormholes work differently.  If only one is in play and encountered, end the run.  If two are in play, a ship encountering one will be placed onto the space of the second one and continue their movement. Cost and Value are both set at 5.  Not trashed when used.

-Inspection Station reduced to 1 round of Delay.

Let me get this Straight. So if two wormholes are there they work as portals as in the video game "Portal". If that is the case then that is awesome. However if that is the case then I would say to implement a rule that the worm hole card cannont be placed on the last slot of the track. As this would result in instant teleport to the planet.

I love that funsies element of the improbability drive.

Did I mention that you needed a cocaine card?

• 3 weeks later...

I think Starport Trader would be a good name, or possibly just Starport.  Neither name is taken according to boardgamegeek. The game definitely seems to take place entirely within one star system, and the space station is definitely the central feature.  Also there definitely needs to be an option to blast other traders in radioactive rubble.

Provisions and Pillowflights at Sleepover Starport.

On another note to people who played recently:  Do you think the Jump gates are all right, or might they be a bit strong?  I was thinking about putting a $1-2 toll on using them, maybe even trashing a $1 card (which would be advantageous in its own right).

They might be fine as is.  Toll gates could be a completely different thing.  Dunno.

Brad how about an encounter that when you land on it you gain +1 speed. Like a fueling station...or a space catapult. 

Space Bees.  Gain +1 Speed for the remainder of the run (the encounter moves with you like an upgrade card), but if you get delayed by anything, trash your ship.

I don't know if I like the Jump gates, because they shortcut the process of building these delivery routes that will run to completion... I think it might be worth experimenting with switching them out for a card that boosts you one or two spaces.

Of course, they are there for anyone to use.

I really quite liked the game.

Andre suggested the name "Planetary Privateers".

I don't know if I like the Jump gates, because they shortcut the process of building these delivery routes that will run to completion... I think it might be worth experimenting with switching them out for a card that boosts you one or two spaces.

Perhaps the toll thing could be the number of spaces moved.  The more you pay the further you jump.

Provisions and Pillowflights at Sleepover Starport.

On another note to people who played recently:  Do you think the Jump gates are all right, or might they be a bit strong?  I was thinking about putting a $1-2 toll on using them, maybe even trashing a $1 card (which would be advantageous in its own right).

They might be fine as is.  Toll gates could be a completely different thing.  Dunno.

I definitely don't think being able to trash a 1 credit card is going to make the jump gates less powerful.

Changelog:

- All Resources renamed to Assets, because it means the same thing, is shorter, and you get to say asset a bunch.

- Jump Gate updated to read: "Spend any number of credits to move this ship that number of spaces up to Orbit and end movement."

- Inspection Station updated to read: "Remove 1 Claim, or Trash 1 laden cargo or Delay 1 Turn"

- Orbit spaces and Flight Paths better indicated on board.

- New cards!  Playing around with expansion set ideas, some of these will swap in for existing cards:

- Passengers (set of 10) Contract cards that come up in the Station Deck.  Count as an Asset, but you get a victory point if you deliver them to a planet, two if it is a specific planet (indicated on the card). Put an additional claim token on the ship carrying passengers.

- Stealth Ship (5,3 Ship) Speed 1, Cargo 1, Weapons 1, Shields 1, ignores all Encounters.

- Escape Pod (3,0 Upgrade) Deploy if ship is trashed or run ended.  Counts as Speed 1, Cargo 1, Weapon 0, Shield 0 ship. Transfer 1 Claim and 1 Cargo to escape pod.  Trashed at end of run.

- Truck Stop (4,4 Encounter): "Look at the top card of the Station Deck. Purchase it or return it. Ships in this space are considered Docked."

- Neutron Star (4,0 Encounter): "Ships moving toward Neutron star have +1 Speed, and Speed: 1 when moving away."

- Bees! (4,2 Encounter): "Attaches to ship until end of run, then is trashed. +1 Speed. Trash ship if it is Delayed."

- Mangalon War Cruiser (3,3 Encounter): "Speed 2 or end run."

- Federal Patrol (4,2 Encounter): Trash 1 Claim or end run.

- New Station Rooms!

- Dark Corners: "-4 Cost, immediately load onto a ship with an extra Claim as a free action."

- Brig: "Trashed Claims return to the Brig. You may return one Claim from Brig to its owner or trash up to two cards."

- New Game Mode!  Brigands!

If Brig is one of the station cards.  Deal out the station cards as normal.  Players can "buy" a card by placing one of their claims in the Brig.  Cards stolen in this manner are immediately refreshed and the next player can pass or buy one by placing a claim in the brig and so on.  Continue until all players have passed and then begin normal play.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.