Bellingham Warhamsters Game Night - 2/10/2015

smashthedean

@Miles - Cool! I'm getting my figs in this coming Monday, though I likely won't pick them up until Tuesday. Obviously they won't be assembled, but Sherbert gave me permission to (very, very carefully) use his figs. I got a couple of demo games in a couple of weeks ago, loved it, and promptly made my own battleboards. Apparently, even though it looks like people just scrumming in the middle, there is a whole lot of nuance going on for such a simple ruleset. I loved it!

@Eli - I definitely want to play some more FoW. Would it be too much to squeeze in a second-round game after I get some Saga in with Miles? If not, then the following week, for sure. I want to see what it's like to fight more than 3 platoons of Germans! Those delayed reserves were brutal.

Eli: Sure, let's try it again.  I got my physical copy of the book, so it might go a bit smoother this time around.

Actually though, is there anything going on with Imperial Assault?  I wanted to give that a whirl at some point.  If not this week, definitely Heavy Gear.

Eli, go ahead and play robot tanks with Brad. I'm going to get in as much Saga as possible, and will bring some Infinity just in case. Kacy, I don't know it well enough to teach, but I'd be happy to play after Miles. You feel good enough about the rules to hack through it?

Maybe start with FoW next week?

@Miles - Cool! I'm getting my figs in this coming Monday, though I likely won't pick them up until Tuesday. Obviously they won't be assembled, but Sherbert gave me permission to (very, very carefully) use his figs. I got a couple of demo games in a couple of weeks ago, loved it, and promptly made my own battleboards. Apparently, even though it looks like people just scrumming in the middle, there is a whole lot of nuance going on for such a simple ruleset. I loved it!

Which army are you running?  I will probably go Bretons.

Dunno. I'm building a generic warband that's supposed to fit for Vikings, Anglo Danes, Pagan Rus, and Norse Gaels. Played two games with Sherbert with Vikings vs Anglo Danes, so I've got a good sense of how they work. I'm most excited about giving the Pagan Rus a try next, but if you're playing Bretons (all mounted, right?), the Rus might be frustrating to play against. Then again, I also don't know what I'm doing. What do you think?

Hello, Kevin suggested that I introduce myself here. My name is Shay. I am a writer who has recently moved to Bellingham and am looking to get more into gaming. I don't having any experience playing with miniatures but I did play some Diplomacy in college and I developed a board game for the school where I used to teach. I've also played entirely too much Skyrim and FONV on the PC!

I enjoy games with political intrigue and player interaction. I'm really interested in learning GoT at some point. I'd love to drop in on your group sometime and check it out!

• Like 1

Some day, someone will invent a card game that historically represents my takeover of the world that implements a policy where all people will be forced to play Twilight Struggle all the time and that card game will still be worse than playing Twilight Struggle.  Shocking, I know.

What I'm saying is... Twilight Struggle is the Bees Tits,