Ordo 40k Escalation - Week 5

AgentP

Escalation League Week 5

Come join us for week five of the escalation league.  You can join at any time, so no worries if you missed a previous week.  Newcomers and veterans welcome.

Mission

This week we're at 1400 pts and will play on 6x4 tables.  We'll be playing an ITC/BAO/LVO mission, which is the system used for many tournaments, and is good for players to know.  We'll play ITC mission #1, which can be found here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByVzaY23LOX-aGVDYmszR2E2MU0/edit  You will not need your objective cards this week, but you will need objective markers.

Special League Objectives for the Week

Bonus league points are awarded for achieving any of the following feats:

[  ]  Get a 7 on a vehicle penetration result roll

[  ]  Destroy a model by throwing a grenade

[  ]  Force a unit off the table through failed morale

[  ]  Fight in a challenge

[  ]  Suffer a perils of the warp

BATTLE LEAGUE POINTS

Win the mission +4 league points

Tie +3 league points

Loss +2 league points

PAINTING LEAGUE POINTS - Painting points are awarded for models that are painted to a three-color minimum and based.  Max 10 points.

Models you've painted since last week:

+1 per infantry model

+2 per bike base model

+3 per 40mm-50mm based models

+5 per vehicle, flyer, or 100mm base models

FOOD LEAGUE POINTS

Did you bring food for the group?  +2 points

Was it homemade? Bonus +1

COMMUNITY LEAGUE POINTS

In the week prior to the match did you post on Ordo or blog about your army?  +1 point

Had a pretty good game vs Deadwing34`s UM list:)

Ended up on the loosing end(as usual,lol) but I wanted to point out that the mission format we played this week made the game seem close all the way ,even though my chances for victory really slipped away midgame the secondary objective system at least kept me within a coiuple of single die rolls of pulling it out..of course those die rolls were in the 33% or less chance zone but still exciting till the end!.

• Like 1

I tried to get in a game, but unfortunately during the time I got there (5:30ish), there was no one left that needed one. I waited until 6 to see if anyone else showed, but no such luck. Figured I could stay, but then not start until 7ish, which then gets me home close to 10...which is far too long to be hanging out at wow.

Getting there earlier really isn't much of an option. So what should I do? I really don't want to be at WoW late. Should I try to arrange games ahead of time?

I tried to get in a game, but unfortunately during the time I got there (5:30ish), there was no one left that needed one. I waited until 6 to see if anyone else showed, but no such luck. Figured I could stay, but then not start until 7ish, which then gets me home close to 10...which is far too long to be hanging out at wow.

Getting there earlier really isn't much of an option. So what should I do? I really don't want to be at WoW late. Should I try to arrange games ahead of time?

I should be there by 6:00 next week if ya want to plan a game:)