So Grimgor is the Incarnate of Beast. Hmm.

He is a 105 points more with a +1 to S,T,A and W with an ability to cast an augment spell and a bonus to challenges. Cheaper than many of the End Times characters but I would need to see him in action first.

(I will say I am curious as to why the Augment Spell states friendly O&G AND OK models? Something happening in the Fluff?)

If they unify OK and OnG in 9th, I'll be in heaven :) By far my two favorite armies to paint.

That Grimgor model profile is nuts. That seems insanely good, both for the crazy profile and for the bound spell. However, it further encourages deathstar builds, which makes me sad. OnG always look best with the massive battle-line, and it's the most interesting game to play with them. I've played many, many types of armies (in past editions), and the 'lots of medium strength units' armies, where you win the game despite losing several fights, are by far the most interesting and fun. If nothing else, your opponent will always get to smash some face, even in defeat.

• Like 1

Ok, I'll call your Karl Franz. Mr. Karl loses that fight 7 out of 10 times (I don't really know, it just looked good while I was typing).

Orcs have three times the amount of bodies on the table.....of course that's fair!

I'm still scratching my head over the OK being mentioned in the bound spell. Is there an alliance?

But yes, the Widowmaker is just nuts. Probably worth 400 of Tyrion's 700. But Grimgor is a more reasonable ET character. (Many of the big names are just monsters. 1000 points, but still monsters.) He is a powerful CC character that actually supports his army well. That Bound Spell is crazy good on Orcs and Ogres.

I'm still scratching my head over the OK being mentioned in the bound spell. Is there an alliance?

But yes, the Widowmaker is just nuts. Probably worth 400 of Tyrion's 700. But Grimgor is a more reasonable ET character. (Many of the big names are just monsters. 1000 points, but still monsters.) He is a powerful CC character that actually supports his army well. That Bound Spell is crazy good on Orcs and Ogres.

I think he will have a much bigger impact in games than what we are seeing in just reading the book.  Anything with armour won't charge him.  He's going to be in a unit of 30-40 black orcs.  What won't that unit slaughter?  You still get to spend points on other lords if you want to pick up his slack.  He's just not the solo badass character that many of the other ET characters are.  However, I wouldn't let that fool you on what he will do.  I strongly believe he will be able to do well over his points value, once he's on the table.

As for the widowmaker.  Sure, it's nuts but the standard Karl Franz brought a mini version in his "normal" form for less points and has a huge impact when he's on a horse in a unit of knights.

I think he will have a much bigger impact in games than what we are seeing in just reading the book. Anything with armour won't charge him. He's going to be in a unit of 30-40 black orcs. What won't that unit slaughter? You still get to spend points on other lords if you want to pick up his slack. He's just not the solo badass character that many of the other ET characters are. However, I wouldn't let that fool you on what he will do. I strongly believe he will be able to do well over his points value, once he's on the table.

As for the widowmaker. Sure, it's nuts but the standard Karl Franz brought a mini version in his "normal" form for less points and has a huge impact when he's on a horse in a unit of knights.

Well Grimgor's weakness is still the same weakness all Orcs have. Initiative. If he gets hit with a Purple Sun him as his Immortalz will be sucked off the table.

But yes, everyone is going to aviod them as much as possible. Looks like the Hand Of Gork is needed.

Well Grimgor's weakness is still the same weakness all Orcs have. Initiative. If he gets hit with a Purple Sun him as his Immortalz will be sucked off the table.

But yes, everyone is going to aviod them as much as possible. Looks like the Hand Of Gork is needed.

Well Purple Sun would have a hard time getting Grimgor himself given that he gets a Look Out, Sir! roll, but yes OnG/OK both share that weakness.

So... Archaon's Chosen of the Gods special rule states that "This does not prevent Archaon from joining any unit that has a Mark of Chaos..." Did the rules for Unbreakable change? Last I checked that meant he could not join a non unbreakable unit. Now, one of his other special rules allows him to make an unmarked Knight unit Unbreakabe, and as such he could join them. Are there other marked WoC units that have Unbreakable? Unless they want him to join a daemon unit... Are the new daemons unbreakable and unstable? Or is there some other rule that would prevent him from joining a daemon unit?

Honestly I am glad End Times are now wrapping up. But so far I have not seen one new model for any armies outside of the armies of Undeath, Skaven and Chaos.

Now I know they don't need to make new models for every army but only the armies that follow the Dark Ways got new toys. Everyone else lost their homes, people and future.

Well I guess the Empire got Karl and the elves got Malekith and we will see what happens with Tyrion. So when I look at Archaon compared to Karl, Malekith and Tyrion the Avatar of Khaine I kind of think "awwwe, isn't he cute? Don't cut yourself too much now, that thing is sharp."

...Did the rules for Unbreakable change? Last I checked that meant he could not join a non unbreakable unit....

A non-unbreakable character cannot join an unbreakable unit.  There is nothing stopping an unbreakable character from joining a non-unbreakable unit.  The unit just doesn't gain anything and the charcter losed the benefit of being unbreakable.

MRB, page 78, unbreakable

How's his weakness purple sun again?  He is well worth 460 points.  He has a better save than most knights.   His stat line is amazing.  There isn't a single thing  I don't like about him.

Also, how many times have your Orcs had purple sun cast at them in your last 5 games?

Archaon has always been the ultimate badass. Not many characters ever did compare to him.

Not going to deny that, just saying that compared to the Buffs many of the End Times characters got his seemed like just a mild bump. Even though the 3+ ward is going to be annoying.

Again I am reading this in a vacum so on the table he maybe worse than he appears.

As for Grimgor I didn't think you got look out sir for Purple Sun. I haven't been PS'ed a lot and I didn't roll for LOSir and my opponent didn't mention it. Opps played it wrong. Guess I should use Vortexes more to learn their rules better.

Knowing this I feel better about my Orc characters that I thought were just one inititive test away from dying.

I'm so sick of the Elven Master race complex, so dwarfs had two incarnates, lost them both, and gave one of them to the elves who now have four?   Bite me, the only good elf is a dead elf!

CHEERS TO THAT!  stupid end times and stupid elves/chaos grumblegrumble

and ML, you definitely get Look outs for purple sun.  if someone didnt let you have that...... thats just not cool.  templates you always get them if your characters in a unit.   thats why i hate spells like final trans cause i only roll one dice to lose my characters rather than 2 for purple sun.  purple sun is a lot more random i feel.  they also have to roll that arty die so that in itself carries some randomness.  

• Like 1