Does anyone else think Sage needs Samurai?

intrizic

The time period isn't really off. The Japanese civil wars that we think of with the powerful shogun and warring daimyos were from the mid 1400s to late 1600s, but Samurai as a warrior class had been around since the 900s. So they were definitely around. But the japanase have always been pretty thoroughly isolationist and wouldn't make too much sense to have in the game.

The only faction that had any interaction with them during this time period were the steppe tribes, and even that's a stretch. It was actually Chinese armies of dynasties founded by the Mongols that attempted to invade Japan a couple of times (with disastrous results).

Still, I like me some Samurai, so I'd be curious about home brewed rules. The samurai would be their Hearthguard equivalent and would probably be pretty OP by comparison. Way better weapons, armor, and training backed up by superior longbows would make them pretty tough to balance, I would think.

The time period isn't really off. The Japanese civil wars that we think of with the powerful shogun and warring daimyos were from the mid 1400s to late 1600s, but Samurai as a warrior class had been around since the 900s. So they were definitely around. But the japanase have always been pretty thoroughly isolationist and wouldn't make too much sense to have in the game.

The only faction that had any interaction with them during this time period were the steppe tribes, and even that's a stretch. It was actually Chinese armies of dynasties founded by the Mongols that attempted to invade Japan a couple of times (with disastrous results).

Still, I like me some Samurai, so I'd be curious about home brewed rules. The samurai would be their Hearthguard equivalent and would probably be pretty OP by comparison. Way better weapons, armor, and training backed up by superior longbows would make them pretty tough to balance, I would think.

Well samarai as hearthguard, maybe a faction with No levey access. It would just depend on the battle board

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.