Follow the Pacific Northwest Masters Team on media

Hi everyone. 

As many of you know, for the first year this year the Pacific Northwest is sending a team to compete at the US master's competition in Durham, N.C. (Duke University area)

The event is 6 games, banded swedish comp, and takes place Sat Feb 21 and Sun Feb 22. It's an 80 man event, with 10 from each region of the country.

I'm going to post all the media links I find here if people are interested in checking out the hype videos and event coverage.

There will be a series of youtube videos where podcasters talk about the various round one pairings and their lists. There should be some live event coverage as well. Lists are due today and the coverage videos will start late this week or early next week.

Wish your region well!

#TeamPNW

Here's the 2014/15 Pacific North West Masters Team:

·          Riley Nadeau (Skaven) (Dimensional Cascade)(Seattle)

·         Ricky Fischer (Night Goblins) (Dimensional Cascade)(Seattle)

·         Anthony Greenman (Ogre Kingdoms) (Dimensional Cascade)(Seattle)

·         Ryan Munsell (Lizardmen) (Dimensional Cascade)(Seattle)

·         Dale Johnson (High Elves) (Chump Hammer)(B.C.)

·         Patrick Carolan (Warriors) (Chump Hammer)(B.C.)

·         Peter Davis (Lizardmen) (Chump Hammer)(B.C.)

·         Chris Powell (Chaos Dwarfs) (B.C.)

·         Jordan Ross (Warriors) (B.C.)

·         Matt Beasley (Daemons) (Portland)

Coverage:

All Pacific Northwest Army Lists 

Early Master's Lists Revealed

Youtube Channel for Pairings Videos

Raffazza Blog coverage

Pictures of Masters Armies

• Like 5

Yeah I'm basically taking my cheese grater list - the disk sorceror lord + 2 lvl2 metals. 

Also, here's to that! More Oregonians would be Great! There will be lots of qualifiers this year as any event with 32+ is a qualifier. Blacksheep and Ordo Open are both qualifier events.

Some players have started posting their lists early. I've added the link in the main post.

Early Master's Lists

A lot of these lists may look abnormal. Remember that they're trying to get a synergistic and strong list while trying to work within the Swedish handicapping system, which produces a lot of list diversity and some interesting experimentation.

Yeah I'm basically taking my cheese grater list - the disk sorceror lord + 2 lvl2 metals. 

Also, here's to that! More Oregonians would be Great! There will be lots of qualifiers this year as any event with 32+ is a qualifier. Blacksheep and Ordo Open are both qualifier events.

im going to try to make 3 GTs this year and finally get up to seattle for one!  highly doubt id qualify, more just for fun and get some experience.  didnt see the disc lord, but im assuming thats because legions arent allowed?

Some players have started posting their lists early. I've added the link in the main post.

Early Master's Lists

A lot of these lists may look abnormal. Remember that they're trying to get a synergistic and strong list while trying to work within the Swedish handicapping system, which produces a lot of list diversity and some interesting experimentation.

there are truly some FUNKY lists there.  looks super cool. 

im going to try to make 3 GTs this year and finally get up to seattle for one!  highly doubt id qualify, more just for fun and get some experience.  didnt see the disc lord, but im assuming thats because legions arent allowed?

there are truly some FUNKY lists there.  looks super cool. 

The more you go to the better! The system this year (which Godswearhats has posted about) rewards reliable GT placement more than one big win.

The disklord was an addition to fill up the extra 300 points and repalce the lvl 2 metals, which didn't make sense with Khaine magic, He would normally add far too much comp, even if legions were allowed. 

End times stuff, for the most part, is not yet valued in swedish, and so is not allowed because a comp doesn't exist for it.

The exceptions are lore of Undeath and 50% lords, which have been FAQd into the main rules, and included in the swedish comp system.

You do know that was the first time in 119 attempts in which that ply resulted in an INT, right? Lynch was also stopped 2 out of 5 times prior to that play (when running the run play). Patriots also had 6 on the line.

That was an incredible defensive play.

All true, but if you think about the old OT rules where a FG would auto-win, did you ever see anyone pass the ball once they were within comfortable FG range?  No, they kicked the statistically better attempt at FG (or, 3/5 chance Lynch would gain on a run play, in this case).

how exactly does a thread change from masters warhammer competition to arguing about the superbowl...? i mean im ADD but thats some talent guys!  just put your shehawk jerseys away for the year, shed your last tears, eat some ice cream, have a brewski, watch some Frozen in your salt water-puke colored blankets and 'let it go'...  :wink:   

im so good at making friends!   :rolleyes:

looked at your lists.  some really unique things in there(along with ricky and his wizarding hat goblin........).  really like the lizard list with 2 oldbloods slaan and the cloud.  i wouldnt know what to do really when facing that with my builds... that should do really well for a 10.9 swedish *shivers*.  also the smoke and mirror woc list is really interesting.  

how exactly does a thread change from masters warhammer competition to arguing about the superbowl...? i mean im ADD but thats some talent guys!  just put your shehawk jerseys away for the year, shed your last tears, eat some ice cream, have a brewski, watch some Frozen in your salt water-puke colored blankets and 'let it go'...  :wink:   

im so good at making friends!   :rolleyes:

I'm nowhere near to being a seachickens fan!

• Like 2