Follow the Pacific Northwest Masters Team on media

Haha. Loving that our entire region is pegged to lose their first game. No respect for the PNW out east, looks like :P. 

What the hell is up with that star dragon list that Jordan is facing? I really don't understand what the purpose of it is. Early game light council, then counter-charge with the dragon+griffon? Odd.

Remember that Masters hills are infinite and that the number of ranged monster killers are quite low in Swedish. The dragon is likely there to swoop around the table looking for opportune flank/rear charges and to conserve points.

• Like 1

Yup, watched 15 minutes of the first video before stopping it (the amount of Umms, and Uhhs I was counting completely distracted me from the rest of the words).

I then followed it up with painfully watching half of the second video, before hitting the back button and returning to Mr. technical difficulty.  It was hard to watch.  I felt like it was the same thing from last year.  If they new the guy, they tended to lean towards them as a favorite.  The dude from UK didn't seem to make much sense because he didn't understand the swedish comp system and just said general statements like "i don't like this unit" "I don't know why that's in the list".  It's because it's swedish and you can't get certain builds/combo's in the list because of the comp hit.

At any rate, I'm not even interested in watching the remaining videos.  There were too many times when I felt the opinions were biased and soley based on if they new someone or not.

dan heelan in episode 5 was by far the best but yea love furion.  dude was not afraid to say whats on his mind and i loved it.  dan heelans response to the woc dub giant list vs lizardmen was priceless: "uh... no.... um ah no.... .. .... ...well, you could always hide behind an impassable and try to final trans off the slaan?".  i died from that.  and i would love for that woc player to win just to spite them.  would be so epic!

Episode 4, with Furion is pretty good.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, just watch the part where they review Matt's list. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpGTSDJUJoI#t=4584

I watched it.  It was meh.

I will say that it continued to confirm my assumptions that the reviews continue to be based purely off what they see as a "common" choice in their gaming groups.  I'm just not a fan of these list reviews.

Its analysis, its their opinions based on their experiences, I certainly was entertained by the commentary, as thats what it is, entertainment.

**I wouldve like to see an Adam Sinclair episode, he is the funniest battle reporter of all time, his honesty and mannerism crack me up. 

I dont agree with them about everything and excuse their lack of knowledge on new players from other regions. They certainly dont understand the PNW and our play style up here, nor do they know the caliber of player that we have representing our region, I think they will be pleasantly surprised.  Looking at Romes for best General and Ricky for best painted. 

Im assuming they will get half their predictions wrong, but they are trying to create media coverage for the event, I think its awesome. I appreciate the effort. 

• Like 1

Glad people have been checking them out!

Remember that it's not just one gaming community, the commentators are mostly not in the US (Sweden, Denmark, UK, Australia), and seem to be on the same page. But, they all tend to have similar understandings of what works and what doesn't based on whats worked a lot before in tournaments. This means some of the stuff that the PNW guys are choosing, that fall outside that box, look sub-optimal. But that's not just with PNW - other regions too. When you're just working from the sheet, lists that most clearly fit within the traditional builds are most likely to be seen as good. Of those in our region, Peter's list is a good example of this, it looks like every other lizard list, and it's a tried and true strategy, there's very little doubt the list is solid.

When you have the paper to go on, and have to make a prediction, you're usually going to end picking the thing you know works. When it's not players I know & lists I've played, I end up agreeing with most of their suggestions about matches from the other regions, probably for the same reason.

I totally agree with you all that a lot of people will be in for a surprise. Can't wait!

I'll post again when more coverage comes out.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie. I still like the Australian format the best. Their sealed section is a great way to prove a players deserve the title. That said I also hope the Pacific Northwest can head down them and remind them where their nike's, Adidas, computer processors, coffee, and micro brews come from while stepping on their necks.

But in a classy, flannel clad way.

• Like 1

The final team, and their standings at the event:

• Dale Johnson, High Elves, 16 (3rd Sports)
  • Peter Davis, Lizardmen, 30
  • Chris Powell, Chaos Dwarfs, 32
  • Patrick Carolan, Warriors, 40
  • Anthony Greenman, Ogres, 52
  • Matt Beasley, Daemons, 58
  • Jordan Ross, Warriors, 60
  • Riley Nadeau, Skaven, 67 (not his list)
  • Ryan Munsell, Lizardmen, 75
  • Ricky Fischer, Night Goblins, 76 (Best Painted)

Overall, the region took 5th place out of 8, and the highest placed of the new regions formed this year.

Congrats to the guys!

good job guys!  5th out of 8 is pretty darn good.  next year we take strides and challenge those power 4 regions or at the very least beat up on my old region. :cool: dale and aidan: you guys are doing a great job and adjusting awesomely to this 'new' event.  think it can only grow... as long as 9th doesnt makes us all rage quit between now and then :laugh: (jk)

• Like 1