Follow the Pacific Northwest Masters Team on media

I am very proud of our showing and feel that in some ways we truly surprised the other regions.

For paint we were the only region to score two armies with max points (20), Little Pat and me. But in no way did we carry the region as we were the only region to have no sub 10 scores.

The final regional standings for paint are as follows:

1. PNW (150)
2. MA (138)
3. NE/MW (129)
4. S (111)
5. SE (101)
6. WC (95)
7. M (68) (down two players but even with two 20 scores would have only been mid pack)

In the Sportsmanship department we should be even more proud. There was only one player to take 14 points (Robert Brandon) and only five players that scored 13 points in sports at the event. Chad Hoggan (MA) took the 2nd place in the 13 point tie breaker scheme with our very own Dale Johnson taking the 3rd place prize. But the best part is that of the remaining three players in the 13 point tie bracket two others were from the PNW (Jordan Ross and me). Further more not a single player in the PNW got dinged on their sports scores meaning we all maintained our 10 point base at the very least. Very very pleased with these numbers! (An amazing representation of our ability to smile while bending over and taking it :D )

• Like 3

Funniest part (according to Dale...haven't checked his math): PNW came *last* in battle points, but rocketed to 5th of 8 on the back of having both the highest sports score (only one player didn't get a favourite opponent vote) and highest paint score (as Ricky mentioned above). And battle? That's the easiest category to improve!

PNW for best region in 2015!

Funniest part (according to Dale...haven't checked his math): PNW came *last* in battle points, but rocketed to 5th of 8 on the back of having both the highest sports score (only one player didn't get a favourite opponent vote) and highest paint score (as Ricky mentioned above). And battle? That's the easiest category to improve!

PNW for best region in 2015!

To be fair, a lot of what happened battlewise were unavoidable dice woes. We definitely need to write more powerful lists (the Skaven list I played in particular needs to be scrapped), but that only accounts for the losses and not the 0-20's.

Also, as an aside for how awesome our armies looked, we were paint judged at the hardest point in the event. On Friday they asked if people would set out their armies to get things rolling for paint judging which we all did. This gave them a lot more time to look things over along with a paint judge who was an old Slayer Sword dude. About half of the armies were judged this way while the others were judged on Sunday without the Slayer Sword dude and a MUCH more lax idea of what a "12" is (12 being the equivalent for a high standard army without the gubbins such as freehand, display tray, custom basing, etc). Just thought it was worth saying given how hard almost everyone worked to get their armies all gussied up for the ball.

To be fair, a lot of what happened battlewise were unavoidable dice woes. We definitely need to write more powerful lists (the Skaven list I played in particular needs to be scrapped), but that only accounts for the losses and not the 0-20's.

Also, as an aside for how awesome our armies looked, we were paint judged at the hardest point in the event. On Friday they asked if people would set out their armies to get things rolling for paint judging which we all did. This gave them a lot more time to look things over along with a paint judge who was an old Slayer Sword dude. About half of the armies were judged this way while the others were judged on Sunday without the Slayer Sword dude and a MUCH more lax idea of what a "12" is (12 being the equivalent for a high standard army without the gubbins such as freehand, display tray, custom basing, etc). Just thought it was worth saying given how hard almost everyone worked to get their armies all gussied up for the ball.

Awesome that you guys did so well even with stiff judging. Bodes well for next year. 

I wouldn't go THAT far :-) I think we as region demonstrated that we enjoy competing in 100% of the hobby and not just the gaming aspects.

Ok, allow me to apologize for not elaborating on my statement.  This is what I was trying to convey as my message.  My intent of the post was to state that we do MORE than the minimum while competing.  It's easy to do the bare minimum while competing in events.  The superior showing in those two categories show that we, as a region, attempt to uphold all the standards while competing and don't don't the shortest path possible in order to compete.

I did not in any way mean to take away from the caliber of players we had representing the PNW and applaud all who did represent our region.

• Like 1