2k Ork List

fluger

This is what I would run if money was no object and I could start my collection from scratch.  

Thoughts?  

Mad Dok GrotsniK:  160

10 Gretchin:  35

10 Gretchin:  35

10 Tank Bustas:  130 + 35
  Trukk:  Reinforced Ram

10 Tank Bustas:  130 + 35
  Trukk:  Reinforced Ram

2 Rokkit Buggies:  50

3 Traktor Kannons:  99 pts
  3 ammo runts

10 Lootas:  140

10 Lootas:  140

Green Tide:  911

Warboss:  99
  Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armor, Da Finkin Kap

94 Slugga Boyz:  566

6 Boss Nobz:  246
  6 Power Klaws

2000 pts

Obvious plan is obvious:  Put Mad Dok in the big Green Tide, hope for infiltrate warlord trait to put on Mad Dok, the green tide, and maybe one of the tank busta units.  The rest of the army supports the green tide by mostly just shooting the bejeezus out of things.  
  • Like 1

Tankbustas in Trukks feel like they're gonna get stranded and shot to death pretty quick. They make for a pretty tempting target, given their cost and fragility.

I feel like it's gonna struggle due the mix of infantry and light vehicle targets giving the enemy good targets for all of their weapons.

Maybe take a fortification to protect your little mans in the backfield? Aegis Line would actually be pretty useful in that respect, or even a bunker of some kind.

• Like 1

My issue with trukks vs battlewagons is two fold.

1.  Battlewagons are actually pretty spendy.  

2.  If I'm limited to two formations (most tournies are doing this), then I have run out of HS slots.  

I get a lot of the hate thrown at trukks, and I DO see how they can be shot down pretty easily, but I like the value they bring if I'm going first of just getting me closer, and the speed and the ablative protection they give is still worth the cost IMO.  

I like the idea of a fortification and could see dropping two of the buggies to get a bare-bones aegis line.  

Actually, if I were suggesting a transport it would be Looted Wagons, not Battlewagons. (Although Battlewagons are good, too.) A Looted Wagon can mount three Rokkits and a Killkannon for a surprisingly cheap price; even without the big gun, it's still spitting out a lot of shots. I've found squads of five Tankbustas in a Wagon to be surprisingly effective for a very affordable cost. Opponents are often loathe to shoot at them because they are so disposable, but unlike a Trukk it's not a pure-throwaway unit; even on its own, it can crack tanks and threaten heavier targets with a bad time. The fact that mere Bolters (and similar weapons) bounce right off it, whereas they will often strip an HP or two from a Trukk, is also a big plus.

For what is worth

I have been playing with 2 units of 10 tankbusters in trucks since i started my new Ork army.  They have been great in every game. Granted if there are no other pressing targets they die pretty easy(but thats true for pretty muck any ork unit). Also Sometimes even rolling 10 dice means 0-2 hits :(.  But I think they are a great unit in a trukk, from my limited experience.  

Abuse...how many points is the looted wagon with 3 rockets?  It sounds interesting...I might give it a shot.  I imagine my german orks in a turretless orkifed Sherman tank

Also, I listened to the podcast about Orks on Frontline gaming and I heard Reece bagging on trukks again in light of explosions and suffering from mob rule, and it got me thinking about how bad it actually is.  Admittedly, I've been running small Meganob units in trukks and they are almost immune to the d6 s4 hits from the table.  I think I might need to invest the 15 pts in each unit to get a nob with bosspole to avoid being pinned when the trukk invariably gets taken out.  

The Mekboy Junka is also in the Dread mob army list from FW...

The Dreadmob army can be ran as an Allied or Combined arms detatchment and I think is the Orks only BB allie(of course,heh),,may be worth checking out if you are allowed FW were you play.

I was running a Dreadmob allied detatchement last year but was using mainly walkers along with taking advantage of the Painbosses in my boys groups,but now that the new dex has Painboys it wasn't really necessary anymore.But if you want to add in some interesting stuff like perhaps Warkptas it may be kinda fun to play with:)

There's always Mogrok's Bossboys Formation:  3 Big Meks (one of which must be your Warlord), one Warboss and one Warphead (ML2), and as I recall the Junka can be a Dedicated Transport for a Big Mek.

So....

There's that.

>Runs off to build a list for OFCC with 12 Shokk Attack Guns<

Edit: Realises a 10 Shokk Attack Gun list fits in 1850, and considers bringing the spirit (but not intention) of the OFCC Team event to the Open....

• Like 1

The Mekboy Junka is also in the Dread mob army list from FW...The Dreadmob army can be ran as an Allied or Combined arms detatchment and I think is the Orks only BB allie(of course,heh),,may be worth checking out if you are allowed FW were you play.I was running a Dreadmob allied detatchement last year but was using mainly walkers along with taking advantage of the Painbosses in my boys groups,but now that the new dex has Painboys it wasn't really necessary anymore.But if you want to add in some interesting stuff like perhaps Warkptas it may be kinda fun to play with:)

Folks, you don't have to take the Dreadmob List to use the units from IA8. The book has two sections. The Dreadmob army, (with its own force org and units) and the additional units section. Some of those additional units may be taken in a Codex:Orks army. They will give a condition. For example the Grot tanks may be taken in a Codex:Orks army as long as that army has a Big Mek HQ choice, they are elites. In a Dreadmob list they are fast attack entries. Other units follow a similar pattern.

• Like 1