OFCC Angry Marines input

Bosco

So I am hell-bent on fielding my Angry marines (counts-as Blood Angels), likely with the Baal Strike Force force org chart/detachment since +1 Initiative seems like an angrier/fluffier characteristic than ObSec troops.  My collection for this army is largely jump troops, though I was going to stuff in a couple drop pods (fits their 'fluff') to deliver some tac squads.  I've got tons of ideas for conversions and whatnot, settled on my paint scheme/technique, etc. and will be keeping them fairly PG-13 as far slogans/themes since I don't think some of the more offensive sayings I have seen on them are particularly funny (for those familiar with their 'fluff' and potentially concerned)

The lists I am considering are along the lines of:

Raging Rescue

Baal Strike Force Detachment

AsstoRAGE (Astorath)

Sanguinangry Priest (Sanguinary Priest) w/ Angel's Wing, bolt pistol, power weapon

Belligerent Engine (Death Company Dread) w/ blood talons, meltagun/flamer, drop pod

10 Belligerent Marines (Death Company) w/jump packs, power fist, power weapon

7 Belligerent Marines (Death Company) w/jump packs, 2x power weapon

5 Sanguinangry Guard (Sanguinary Guard) death masks

10 Angry Marines (Tac squad) multimelta, meltagun, sgt w/ power weapon, drop pod

10 Angry Marines (Tac squad) hvy flamer, flamer, sgt w/ power weapon, drop pod

10 Angry Assault Marines (Assault Marines) 2x meltagun, vet sgt w/power fist

Aegis Defence Line w/comms relay

Imperial Guard Allied Detachment

Company Command Squad

Infantry Platoon w/ autocannon team in each of the infantry squads

option 2, requires fewer new purchases and is pure counts-as blood angels.

Angels of Rage

Chapter Master Temperus Maximus (Commander Dante)

AsstoRAGE (Astorath)

Sanguinangry Priest (Sanguinary Priest) w/ Angel's Wing, bolt pistol, power weapon

Belligerent Engine (Death Company Dread) w/ blood talons, meltagun/flamer, drop pod

15 Belligerent Marines (Death Company) w/jump packs, power fist, power weapon

7 Sanguinangry Guard (Sanguinary Guard) death masks

10 Angry Marines (Tac squad) multimelta, meltagun, vet sgt w/ power weapon, drop pod

10 Angry Marines (Tac squad) hvy flamer, flamer, vet sgt w/ power weapon, drop pod

10 Angry Assault Marines (Assault Marines) 2x meltagun, vet sgt w/power fist

Neither list is finished at this time, just rough frameworks.  The rescue themed list is likely more competitive with some cheap guard camping objectives in the back while marines rain from above and engage the opponent in melee, but the second is much fluffier IMO; everything completely ignores objectives and go screaming into melee ASAP, but in doing so it makes victory significantly more difficult.

Either seem better suited to OFCC?

• Like 1

I like the second list mostly because of style.  

That is the one I like best for theme as well; I feel like OFCC is the right environment for a list like that which is very heavily geared towards what an army should play like.  Plus I don't have to go out and buy/build/paint a ton of models for that.  I feel dirty bringing a handful of guardsmen to cower behind a ADL and try to punk a rhino or two with some autocannons while holding backfield objectives, which is what the first list would be.

Adamantine sack of power door knobs! Best piece of wargear ever!

Definitely an easy replacement for a powerfist (likely held by a powerfist to avoid any potential confusion).  I need to sort out Powerbats, powerwrenches, and powerfoldingchairs as well as adamantine 2x4 with a nail through it for the appropriate count-as weapons.  I want power swords, but there will clearly be plenty of power maces in there, maybe a power-trenching tool for a sword/axe.  IDK.

I'd like the first list better if instead of a Company Command squad you had a Commissar which would more accurately reflect the Angry Marines Fluff, as I recall.

Commisar John Fuklaw!  I considered this, but in the first list I'd want the guardsmen to be modeled as hiding behind the ADL, something an Angry Commisar wouldn't tolerate for long.  Maybe he'll be present in the army display diorama, assuming my two-year-old is willing to let that become a reality.

• Like 1

Well, I like the idea of an allied detachment to bring Fuklaw along. Commissar Lord for Fuklaw and then an IG veteran squad with 3 Flamers, a Demo Charge, and a Power (Fist/Bat/Chair/Axe) on the Sarge would be awesome. Model them out of Catachans upper bodies and Scout legs. They would be "Almost, but not quite angry enough......yet." Marines.

My $0.02.

• 2 weeks later...

So after noodling a while and trying to work out what is fluffy but still gives a reasonable chance at contributing an occasional win to my team I've come up with what I think is a solid final list to get busy converting/painting:

Raging Rescue 2.0

Baal Strike Force Detachment

AsstoRAGE (Astorath)

SanguinAngry Priest (Sanguinary Priest) w/ Jump Pack, Relic Blade

10 Tourettes Marines (Death Company) w/jump packs, power weapon, Adamantine Sack of Power Doorknobs (Powerfist)

5 SanguinAngry Guard (Sanguinary Guard) death masks, 1x axe, 4x sword, 5x 

10 Angry Marines (Tac squad) multimelta, meltagun, sgt w/ power weapon, drop pod

10 Angry Marines (Tac squad) hvy flamer, flamer, sgt w/ power weapon, drop pod

10 Angry Assault Marines (Assault Marines) 2x meltagun, vet sgt w/power weapon

10 Angry Assault Marines (Assault Marines) 2x flamer, vet sgt w/Adamantine Sack of Power Doorknobs (Powerfist)

Aegis Defence Line

Imperial Guard Allied Detachment
Commisar Lord John Fuklaw w/carpace armor

Infantry Platoon

-Platoon Command Squad

-Infantry Squad w/autocannon team

-Infantry Squad w/autocannon team

I can have fun modeling the guard to suit their role while the Marines will still be suitably ridiculous.  Should be a reasonably entertaining army even if it is a bit one-dimensional.  Thanks all for the input and ideas, I really appreciate them.

• Like 1