Fluger Games Day: March 28th

fluger

I should be moving that weekend;(

Hopefully I'll have found a new place by then. Seriously, finding a nice rental house in Tacoma is tough!

Awww, moving is sucky.  :(  Moving on a weekend where I can't help you move is even suckier.  Are you looking for a house specifically, or just anything to rent? 

And it's not even Tuesday!

Incidentally, the Lego Movie was playing in the living room while the big boys played on the porch. 

Got another great set of games in. 

Kingpin and I had a really close match of 40k with his Destroyer Cult-heavy Decurion Necrons beating me when the game went to turn 6. 

I'm not sure what I could've done differently there other than roll better for my turn 2 assault with the stormboyz (or, rather, their run move).  That would've swung things I think, but I had lots of nice luck mixed in with that as well, so no complaints really.  Great game, and it was great seeing Kingpin again after a long hiatus. 

Then I got a game of Saga in!  Played against Koyote's pagan Irish, and my valorous Christian Franks were able to take their leader and escape!  It was another close game with Koyote opting for a high-risk/high-reward gamble which got ever so close to getting him the win.  Pro-tip:  Roll well (*flexes*).  That's only my 3rd game of SAGA and I think it might be one of my all-time favorites.  There's just so many moving pieces and things to consider that every game has been decided by different things for different reasons.  It's mostly been Koyote and I learning against each other so I feel like I need to find a day or two to head to Games Matrix to play some more experienced people. 

Finally, got to sit down to a full game (well, with resets, three) of Zombicide.  The game is really fun, but I have yet to see the survivors win the game.  Last night was no exception as I feel like we were OH so close before getting dick-punched by a few cards. 

It was nice to see Jayson again for the first time in, like, over a year I want to say, and got to meet his buddy Tristan.  They're both close-ish to me, so hopefully I'll be seeing more of them. 

Thanks again to everyone for coming down! 

• Like 1

Sometimes you feel like a nut.  The dice provide drama and fun to the game.  I played a Flames of War game a few days ago and the dice just kept hammering me but I had the superior force so it really made fur a fun game in what would otherwise have been a not so close game (the player I played against was pretty new and the dice really helped him feel like he was in it to the end).

Against equal competitors, the dice make it exciting because they can force you to plan B and the better generals HAVE a plan B!  So I like to be tasked like that.

Drama dice!

I am really curious what your impressions of his destroyr cult was?  He's on my team, so be honest.  break it down for me.  It was his first game with it.  Any input (other than to keep making saves)?

The list is strong for OFCC, but definitely not overwhelming.  While it is very deadly and very resilient, it lacks Ob-Sec which can be used against him in a variety of ways.  It lacks melee punch, which could've sealed the deal against me, but there were a couple of critical moments, notably 2 separate times in which he killed 5 orks with 12 overwatch shots and the aforementioned failed charge by the stormboyz on turn 2.  It's tough to say, because my army is a target rich environment for destroyers (their shooting just MELTS Orks) and I didn't have quite the firepower to shoot back.  Against something with more AP3 he might lose more units. 

Tough to say overall, I don't want to let one game cloud my opinions, but I'd venture to say it's a 3 for OFCC, pending seeing what else is submitted.  Matt mentioned you're running all Necrons, which is fine, but that's a TOUGH dex, so you might end up with all 2s and 3s just by dint of that, so keep that in mind.