Twilight Imperium

generalripphook

So I played a really fun 8 player game of twilight imperium game the other day. It was really quite interesting, not only did people make some really interesting choices of races but we had 12 spaces of blank space and 9 red lined spaces. It was really quite interesting as it created funnelling of combat, everyone had much smaller empires and battles were very back and forth over a relative tiles. It also made movement technologies that got you through red-terretories much more valuable.

Really super fun game and had a blast. One person got eliminated out turn 4-5 and another player got destroyed 6-7. The fighting was really brutal and about 4 players were tied for most of the game.

• Like 1

While the expansions do have a ton of stuff to offer, the original game has been updated and revised so what is on the shelf to buy is still a great purchase.

Every game is completely different and that's why I love it. Yer strategy has to change every time you play it. It caters to tons of table talk, alliances, double crosses, border disputes, resource grabs, and general shenanigans.

With 5-6 players, we averaged games lasting 6-8 hours (after setup); with one lasting 12 hours.

I highly recommended it to anyone who wants to piss off their friends for a week or two. =P

• Like 1

I strongly recommend either buying the Shattered Empires expansion or printing out the strategy cards that come with it as they greatly improve the gameplay over the base set. The main difference is that instead of just having the card that scores you a VP every turn (essentially making it a required pick for the first person choosing and the card that lets you pick first next round being a required pick for the second person), there is a card that lets look at the top two public objective cards, put one into play, and then score an objective immediately. Makes for a much more dynamic game with a lot more potential strategies than just picking the required two cards first every single round.

• Like 1