So Lictorshame Wasn't Just a Fluke

WestRider

Hmmm.  I watched the final.  And I was really surprised at the two lists that were there.  Both those lists are good, but they do not seem scary.  

Maybe i just don't get them.  I know the power of the individual units, and i understand how they work together, but i guess i am just not scared of lictors (maybe i should be?), 

I guess i will have to get eaten alive by it first.

Lictors are just nice because they are cheap and can damage a lot of things and are quick and they also help the mawlocs show up and hit what they want them to hit.  

A lictor, on it's own, has a legit chance of taking out any rear AV10 unit in the game on the charge.  For the points, there aren't that many units that can do that.  Combo that with fleet and move through cover and it's non-scatter deep strike, and there's no real good place to hide.  It's also really hard to bubble wrap to protect against a single model.  

That being said, they are fairly easy to shoot and kill, but with 6 on the board and their good cover save, they eat up a lot of shooting and that lets the mawlocs and flyrants do their things.  It's threat overload and it's exacerbated by a 2+ re-rollable reserve roll so they are all coming in turn 2.  

Pretty nasty list overall.  

• Like 2

Also, I had mentioned that it looked like that second list was short on points, and it appears that it was.  Nick Rose, darkwynn, inventor of LeafBlower, feel victim to Battlescribe sucking and was playing with a 1800 point list instead of a 1850 pt one.  What could those 50 pts have done for him?  I'm sure quite a bit.  Yikes.  

cPzjR0N.png

• Like 1

Also, I had mentioned that it looked like that second list was short on points, and it appears that it was.  Nick Rose, darkwynn, inventor of LeafBlower, feel victim to Battlescribe sucking and was playing with a 1800 point list instead of a 1850 pt one.  What could those 50 pts have done for him?  I'm sure quite a bit.  Yikes.  

cPzjR0N.png

This is why I always double check my list with the codex as one of the last steps. :)

• Like 2