Muh First Necron Battle(s)!

Lord Hanaur

Made a slight correction on the list on page one of this thread.  Looks like I cannot take both the Veil and the Staff.  Since I never once used the Veil, I dropped it.  So now the list has a couple more Flayed Ones (because lord knows they earned their right to be more plentiful) and for what it's worth (not much) I had 10 points to blow so Mindshackle Scarabs that will likely never do me more good than the staff already does.

Also corrected the Monolith.  It should have been listed in the Living Tomb Formation, but wasn't.

I was rooting for the IG as well :wink:. The one vendetta took 2 hull points because I didn't jink. The next turn it ended up flying of the table anyway so it was a big mistake to not jink it. If it had lived that last round it would have been a draw. Or if Yarrik could have rolled a 3+.... pesky Yarrik

• Like 1

I was rooting for the IG as well :wink:. The one vendetta took 2 hull points because I didn't jink. The next turn it ended up flying of the table anyway so it was a big mistake to not jink it. If it had lived that last round it would have been a draw. Or if Yarrik could have rolled a 3+.... pesky Yarrik

I bet you were!  

Not being able to kill the Wyverns hurt me pretty badly and you broke a lot of units with it.  Oofta.  The Aegis Defense Line with Camo netting pretty much single handedly made it a game.  Without that, we wouldn't even be talking about ties.  So three cheers for the Aegis+Camo Netting.   That was highly effective.  Definitely keep doing that.

The Jinking and such is sort of a "maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't" kind of thing.  I think with the Obelisk standing there, you needed those shots.  I can see why you didn't Jink.  I made the same decision yesterday with my Tau Flyers:  I didn't jink and braved the possibility of getting glanced to death.   I was fortunate the first time but not fortunate the second time.  

Generals have to make decisions and situation is King.  The dice add the drama of "and here's what happened" to the show.  

Yarrick is very cool.  Now that he gives orders, it's pretty cool to take him.

No worries.  I'll admit, I was rooting for IG.  :D  

Infidel.  

JK.

But seriously.

So I'm ticked off, I can't easily get 3 spyders in my Decurion list...so sad.

I added the Decurion list and Canoptek harvest, but I can't add a 2nd squad of spyders without a whole separate detachment (without suffering unbound)...I hate missing out of cool buffs. Thinking about another troop and the HQ that improves RP just to get 3 spyders so I can produce scarabs.

Also looks like I have to buy some Tomb Blades...

No.  the Canoptek Harvest doesnt have a unit of them.  It has ONE Spyder in it.

I see that, however in my battlescribe app it has no issue with adding additional spyders to the single formation up to 3 of them- Add a fourth and you are over the limit. I believe it calls for one because one single spyder applies the buff to the formation- so he becomes the golden child.

I'm not saying battlescribe is right, but why would they make a formation that basically incentivizes  the use of scarabs only to limit it to one spyder?

I see that, however in my battlescribe app it has no issue with adding additional spyders to the single formation up to 3 of them- Add a fourth and you are over the limit. I believe it calls for one because one single spyder applies the buff to the formation- so he becomes the golden child.

I'm not saying battlescribe is right, but why would they make a formation that basically incentivizes  the use of scarabs only to limit it to one spyder?

Evidence from a non-GW product ain't worth the electricity it takes to display it.

As for the other, have you seen some of GW's other Formations? For instance, everybody talks up the Nid ones because they have a lot of good ones, but that's overlooking the fact that Nids just have a ton of Formations period. A whole bunch of them are just absolute garbage. There's one where the "benefit" actually makes your Tärvigon more likely to run out of Gaunts.

Nathan, while I noticed Battlescribe doing that too. Unless it's FAQ'd, the codex says ONE spyder. Not one UNIT of spyders like the other 2 entries. As stated, it is likely for balance. Worse part of that formation is simply kill the spyder and the entire formation is denied its bonus.

My issue is I want 3 Spyders to produce plenty of Scarabs as ONE just doesn't cut it...now 1 + 3, I wouldn't mind :biggrin:

• Like 1