Muh First Necron Battle(s)!

Lord Hanaur

Missed this message.  Brian was fully intending to drop that Mawloc on my head with a Lictor, but then...  I killed the Lictor.  His other was in reserve to gank my objectives.  Perhaps another Lictor would be good for his list, and of course that third Tyrant won't be long in the coming.  

Also in unrelated news, I was able to squeak out a victory against an Imperial Knight + Inquisition Deathstar +Grey Knight allies list.  

DreadKnights are painful.  Killed an entire unit of Wraiths, and tore up my immortals.  So yeah.  That Greatsword is awesome (STR 10 now?  yes please!), the flamer is awesome...  Everything is awesome when it comes to those guys.

The Imperial Knights took out all but one Scarab base on its own, plus took on two Wraith units and EVENTUALLY succumbed, but dayam.  That's the second time I've faced an imperial knight with Wraiths, and second time its kept them locked up for a fortnight.  I guess it was either deal with it or let it murder me with its silly Cannons for rounds on end.  

The Inquisition Death star AGAIN impresses me.  Even after all that work to kill the Imperial Knight my two fragmented Wraith units got locked up again with the Deathstar and there was no killing THAT.

Board control was my saving grace.  Although I got outkilled by a pretty fair margin, I was able to be everywhere I needed to be and I lucked out, scoring the Objective that gives you up to 6 VP's if you take all the objectives in a turn.  I managed to do that and maxed out my roll, which got me back in the game in the fourth round (that put me up by two instead of down by four).  From there i was able to keep the advantage in rounds five and six.

I forget the final score but I ended with First Blood (because: Razorbacks), and Linebreaker (because: Scarabs), plus that two point advantage, so won by a total of four points.  That one card pushed me over, so the game was really close, and fun.

The more I play it, the more it seems to me that its best asset is actually just board control.  Without any power weapons, you basically rely on the rending to do the really hard work.  The spyders are often left behind and taking pot shots at the things they can reach.  So although I do in THEORY have some power weapons on them, it only really matters when the enemy wants it to.

So yeah:  board control seems to be the best thing about it in my opinion.

Its incredibly efficient.  its Deathcult assassins, a couple Cruaders, a liberal sprinkling of priests, Coteaz, and if i remember, he had some other character in there adding thump.

The long and the short of it is, its a wave of power weapons, re-rollig to hit, re-rolling their saving throws, and they have ablative invuls to re-roll....  Coteaz makes the unit Adamantium Will'd up and he's not bad in a fight, plus he can buff them.  Its only 300ish points, maybe just over that but its POWERFUL against most things and cheap.  It's good.  I'd have to ask the two people who use it what they like to put in it but...  highly effective, highly inexpensive for what it does and I've only killed one entirely once.  I tend to try and lure them where I can strand them or else hope I have a unit that can tie them up but beating it completely down isn't typically the plan.  Lol.  its often delivered via land raider but of course that's not necessary.

One of the cheaper and more reliable deathstars I know of.

Its incredibly efficient.  its Deathcult assassins, a couple Cruaders, a liberal sprinkling of priests, Coteaz, and if i remember, he had some other character in there adding thump.

The long and the short of it is, its a wave of power weapons, re-rollig to hit, re-rolling their saving throws, and they have ablative invuls to re-roll....  Coteaz makes the unit Adamantium Will'd up and he's not bad in a fight, plus he can buff them.  Its only 300ish points, maybe just over that but its POWERFUL against most things and cheap.  It's good.  I'd have to ask the two people who use it what they like to put in it but...  highly effective, highly inexpensive for what it does and I've only killed one entirely once.  I tend to try and lure them where I can strand them or else hope I have a unit that can tie them up but beating it completely down isn't typically the plan.  Lol.  its often delivered via land raider but of course that's not necessary.

One of the cheaper and more reliable deathstars I know of.

Annoying mini-deathstar unit. Pretty sure the priest re-rolls for unit saves don't apply to shooting attacks. You'd have to find a way to kill them at range. That, or a unit which can overwatch with reliable overwatch weapons. Not sure what necrons have to deal with such a unit (I still haven't read their current codex)

Annoying mini-deathstar unit. Pretty sure the priest re-rolls for unit saves don't apply to shooting attacks. You'd have to find a way to kill them at range. That, or a unit which can overwatch with reliable overwatch weapons. Not sure what necrons have to deal with such a unit (I still haven't read their current codex)

Well my army had zilch to deal with it.  I got Scarabs (useless and plus his Imperial Knight killed em all almost on that side) and I got Wraiths (useless against that).  Basically.  Oh and Spyders that never do more than meander around midfield.  So.

It came from a Storm Raven so not much i could do to stop it since I also have no anti-air except one plane but 7 vs 12?  Meh.  If i had more time maybe.  But it came in later and gobbled on some Wraiths.

What can ya do?  i hung in there and prayed.

Share everything with Him.  He is your Father.  He wants to spend all the time you're willing to give him, together.  =)

Even playing with little toys.  As we prove, the toys don't stop being fun in childhood.  He wasn't too busy to be with me then.  He's not too busy now.

Share everything with Him. He is your Father. He wants to spend all the time you're willing to give him, together. =)

Even playing with little toys. As we prove, the toys don't stop being fun in childhood. He wasn't too busy to be with me then. He's not too busy now.

Hoo boy. And when there was only one set of dice on the table, I didn't abandon you. I was rolling for you.
  • Like 1

The save rerolls don't work with shooting phase but do against over watch, I believe.

Nope, it's activated during the Fight sub-phase, so too late to help with Overwatch.

I prayed FOR them.  Christians do.  =)

This is why I always inscribe demonic curses on all of my minis. I don't want no god gettin' all up in my game and ruinin' things.