Hamsters Logo

nathonicus

Like them all, but like the cute, patch less dice nibbler the best. The trickiest thing is going to be getting it so the scaled down version translates on a die.

I'm not sure I'm keen on the two-graphic dice. For one, they'll be twice as expensive, but the but the big thing is the impracticality. Quickly recognizing dice while playing a game is important, for oneself, and for ones opponent. Pips are easy to quickly see, and graphics on the 6 have become standard for club dice. As such, people are used to seeing a graphic and interpreting it as a six. Now we've got two graphics, and once you recognize that it's a graphic, you then have to pay attention to what type of graphic it is. Compound that with some hard to read die color combinations and its a huge pain. Easy enough to get used to yourself, but some opponents might get frustrated about it, particularly at timed tournaments. It might seem little, but people are cognitively lazy. If you end up going this route, definitely put some stickers on some dice and try it out a lot first. Just a thought.

• Like 2

Actually I just found out some more bad news about the double image dice. I emailed Chessex about costs and it sounds like they only do 1s, 6s, or all 6 sides engraved. If we wanted to do 1s and 6s we'd essentially have to pay for engraving pips on the 2-5 facings which to quote the Chessex guy would be "significantly more expensive".

Yeah that's a lot. Here is Chessex's pricing off their website:

10-25 dice: $1.00 per side

26-99 dice: $0.75 per side

100-199 dice: $0.60 per side

200-499 dice: $0.50 per side

500-999 dice: $0.42 per side

1000+ dice: ask for a quote

So basically if we go for the smallest amount from each category:

10 dice: $10

26 dice: $19.50

100 dice: $60.00

200 dice: $100.00

500 dice: $210.00

My vote would be to do a run of 200 and sell them for $1 a pop (which for reference is about 3x the price of a regular old chessex d6).

Yeah that's a lot. Here is Chessex's pricing off their website:

So basically if we go for the smallest amount from each category:

10 dice: $10

26 dice: $19.50

100 dice: $60.00

200 dice: $100.00

500 dice: $210.00

My vote would be to do a run of 200 and sell them for $1 a pop (which for reference is about 3x the price of a regular old chessex d6).

Is that with one engraving or two or none? I would put my vote in for 500 so that we can sell a bunch and then also give some away for our OFCC Teams

This is price per side and since we are buying d6's would that change the cost to this?

10 dice: $60

26 dice: $117

100 dice: $360.00

200 dice: $600.00

500 dice: $1260

The prices include the dice themselves. One sided, and at least 500. 200 seems way too little. Having a surplus of dice is a good thing. I say we sell them at cost to local hamsters, and a modest mark-up to hamsterphiles. Get them in a mix of colors. Unfortunately, I'm guessing they don't come in Veronica. :(

• Like 2

They have 15 colors available, I'd say getting them evenly split between colors is the best bet. I think having separate pricing for hamsters and non-hamsters isn't the best idea and sets a bad precedent. We've always charged the same prices on shirts and other merch in the past so it seems weird to change that policy now. I think having $1 a dice and maybe a deal of $10 for a dozen is pretty fair.

Interesting Veronica is still there on chessex.com, personally I find hurricane to be very intriguing!

I know! They told me they discontinued that color like 5 years ago; that's when my wife drowned me with Veronica. The thing is, Veronica hasn't gone away. Does that mean no one else wants her, and she's just languishing as back-stock? Or does that mean Veronica refused to die, and I can have .... Gasp!.... WARHAMSTER VERONICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.