Hamsters Logo

nathonicus

NO. This is what the Warhamsters do. This is what we are known for. We start big...super inflated with a great idea and then run. Well I am not letting us. Not today. We are going to figure this out and then we are going to talk about it. This is not the time to start saying yay or nay. This is the time to get an idea, gather all the logistics and then we will decide. People, this is a big topic. I have been sick for 3 days and off the board and this thread already has 5 pages on it when I come back on. This is a big topic that needs further discussion, not decisions.

Kacy can we look at all possible avenues for dice? Not just people we have dealt with but everyone. Every dice company that you know of. If they look like they have any good deals let me know and I will personally give them a call. No deal is ever 100%. We aren't looking for big bulk orders but deals on special orders. You guys are far superior at this game community networking, and product searching. I leave this task to you and anyone else who wants to do some searching.

Guys, lets not look at Stats, price and all that yet. If we are every going to make a difference, we are going to have to take a couple steps out of our comfort zone. There was quite a few of you I had to fight to get this logo updated, but now its quite the rave. I won't quit you guys yet. Not yet.

• Like 3

I think this might be getting to the point where it will be better to talk about in person. From all of the research that I've done, Chessex is the best company to go through for this and I'm not really interested in looking into other options when the one in front of us is so good. If you want to do research yourself into other companies and present them, you can, but I won't.

I guess here are the pros and cons as I see them presented.

Pros:

• Having double-sided dice would make us more unique as other clubs only have single sided dice.
  • Some people think that having a hamster's butt on our dice is funny and cool.

Cons:

• Higher price will eliminate any opportunity to make profit (or possibly even break even) for the club.
  • Higher price will lower the amount of people who buy the dice, meaning that our cool dice will be seen and played with by less people.
  • Even though it is possible to tell which side is which, it is harder to tell at a glance, which is worse for gameplay.
  • Some people think that having a hamster's butt on our dice is dumb and not cool.

(Regarding shirts, we get all our SWAT apparel through a local company that just takes the image digitally and then folks can get it on whatever they want... hoodies, caps, tees, shorts, etc.   Lemme know if I can help and I'll have our graphic designer get in touch with whomever.  He used to do international work for a snowboard company and can help out if asked)

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.