Ordo Bowl Spring League Starting March 30th

savion47

Week 2 Matches:

New Kids of the Block          v.             The Zharr-Naggrund Impailers

Nuln Oilers                           v              The University of Athel Loren Crimson Tide

McClechland Mjolnir             v              Hell Pit Ogres

Mordheim Mon-Stars           v              Karaz-a City Chiefs

Dorchadas                           v              Draconis Ignis

Albion Exiles                        v              Ekrund Raiders

Da Morkonites                     v              ToeJam

Mad Dok's Marauders         v              Korbett Krakens

"Hrumpf, Stunties", muttered coach Fitz into his beard. At last, he thought, an opponent that knows that casualties are more important that scoring. Sturdy little bastards too, dwarfs. Aloud he said: "Don't you worry about those ginger loonies Bergelmir me old mucker," fixing the snow troll with a confident stare through his one good eye. "I'll make sure the lads keeps them busy. The rest of the little buggers is troll meat....!"

• Like 1

The first bounty has been placed! Check out the information in the "Wanted" section under "Plugins" or click here.

If you would like to place a bounty on a player please PM me or email admin@ordobowl.com with the following information:

• Player Team
  • Player Name
  • Amount of GC
  • A write-up of why you are placing this bounty
  • Like 3

I just want to point out a couple of things when it comes to filling out the match sheets and submitting them online.

Gate = Team A fans + Team B fans (You know, when determining FAME you roll 2D6 + FF. Add that number to your opponents number and that give you the Gate)

IR1/IR2 = IMPROVEMENT ROLL. If your player gets enough SPP to make a roll you record the value or each dice in this column. Say I get a player to 6 SPP during a game. I roll a 2 and a 4. IR1 = 2 and IR2 = 4. It does not matter what order you put the dice in.

I have gone through and corrected any errors and will be locking the week 1 matches from any changes this sunday.

Other then that week 1 is going very well and I look forward to the final game of Week 1 being played this coming Sat. I have gone ahead and added week 2 games to ordobowl. 

OK - I have 5 players MNG… I have 11 exactly to play with next game.  But 4 of those are secret weapons.  Can I hire journeymen or do I have to go with the 11 I have - play all the special weapons in my first possession and then all of them get thrown out after that… leaving me with only 7 players for the rest of the game?  Just want to be straight with my options here.  I was thinking I could hire journeymen - but I thought that was just if you didn't have  11 whom could play.

please verify - whomever I play will have a fairly easy match (easier).

-d

I have received a number of suggestions for the next league. This makes me very happy as it seems people would love to play in another! I will be posting up a planning thread this weekend to start the conversation.

Yesterday was a very busy day and I did not manage to get matches posted up for week 3. I will be doing that either during lunch or this evening.

Torg, I will look up the rule today sometime and post up if someone does not beat me to it.

• Like 1

OK - I have 5 players MNG… I have 11 exactly to play with next game.  But 4 of those are secret weapons.  Can I hire journeymen or do I have to go with the 11 I have - play all the special weapons in my first possession and then all of them get thrown out after that… leaving me with only 7 players for the rest of the game?  Just want to be straight with my options here.  I was thinking I could hire journeymen - but I thought that was just if you didn't have  11 whom could play.

please verify - whomever I play will have a fairly easy match (easier).

-d

My read of this would be that you are SOL. Journeymen are only allowed if you can't field 11 rostered players at kick-off, which you can. On the other hand your TV would be terribad, so you should have enough inducements available to be able to hire some mercenaries / star players as well as buy some bribes to keep your weapons on the pitch.

Example:

Your current TV is 880, so if you play anyone with more than 1030 (most teams)  you will get 150k of inducements (3 bribes!)

If you are (unfortunate) enough to play one of the teams with a 1100tv you will get 200k or more of inducments.

My read of this would be that you are SOL. Journeymen are only allowed if you can't field 11 rostered players at kick-off, which you can. On the other hand your TV would be terribad, so you should have enough inducements available to be able to hire some mercenaries / star players as well as buy some bribes to keep your weapons on the pitch.

correct as I read it also.

yeah - I had the initial feeling that I was SOL… just wanted to be sure.  As far as the inducements go - I think I have forgot that bit before the 2 matches that I have had… but a bribe or 2 will do the trick possibly.  I will have to re-read through those areas again.

-d

Also,  I have noticed a couple of teams have a +1 FF in a game they lost. You cannot gain FF is you lose, only if you win or tie.  Here is how it works

When the game ends you roll 2d6 (or 3d6) and compare it to your current FF

if you WIN:

3d6 greater then FF, your FF goes up 1 point

3d6 lower or equal then  FF, your FF stays the same

if you lost:

2d6 greater or equal then FF, your FF stays the same

2d6 lower then FF, your FF goes down 1 point

if you tied:

2d6 greater then FF, your FF goes up 1 point

2d6 equal to FF, your FF stays the same

2d6 lower then FF, your FF goes down 1 point

• Like 1