Ordo Bowl Spring League Starting March 30th

savion47

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I reported commish's unfair practices to the GWs. Yeah now I can actually rack up kills without fear of actually killing anyone since they are all already dead. Mork is pleased.

I imagine this should be interesting game. Look forward to seeing you Tuesday Jeff

50k fine for calling out THE COMMISSIONER for being lazy and not posting matches last night.

Week 6 Match-Ups

• Korbett Krakens           v           The Zharr-Naggrund Impailers
  • Ekrund Raiders            v           Nuln Oilers
  • Da Morkonites             v           Mordheim Mon-Stars
  • Hell Pit Ogres              v           ToeJam
  • Dorchadas                   v           Mad Dok's Marauders
  • Karaz-a City Cheifs      v          The University of Athel Loren Crimson Tide
  • Draconis Ignis              v          The New Kids of the Block
  • Albion Exiles                v           McClechland Mjolnir
  • Like 1

So, for fun I wrote a script today that compared all the teams you have played, with their current rankings. When blustorm and Sylvos play it will move these around a little.

The higher the number, the more difficult your competition has been, The lower the number... the easier. This is based solely on their current rank.

Team             Difficulty of schedule. max difficulty is 70, min is 15, if you played average team each week you would have a 42.5.

Draconis Ignis          21

Da Morkonites  26

Nuln Oilers             31

Karaz-a City Chiefs     36

Mordheim Mon-Stars      36

Korbett Krakens         37

Hell Pit Ogres          42

Albion Exiles           43

Ekrund Raiders          43

The University of Athel Loren Crimson Tide 44

The Zharr-Naggrund Impailers 45

Mad Doks Marauders      51

McClechland Mjolnir     55

Dorchadas               55

New Kids of the Block   57

ToeJam  58

Great that you did that Dave, I was thinking about exactly this stat tuesday on the way home.

Looking at the data vs league position I'm going to call out Burk and Seth as outperforming those around them with their SOS. Good work sirs.

sos-vs-rank.png

EDIT - I'm also seeing this as further evidence for the need for 2 tiers next season to even out the SOS. That's a huge variance from top to bottom there.

I love these type of SOS. It means nothing with ME in the league. You switch the teams around and I play the top teams first. What most likely happens is: 1. I destroy their team making it harder for them to succeed. 2. They come to the utter realization their a horrible coach and soon slip into a black hole of depression. Which affects the rest of the scheduled games.

Where are these variables in the equation.

Sample size is an issue obviously Travis. Clearly if you are first, your SOS always looks easy because everyone is below you. Conversely, if you are last, it always looks terrible. This only improves if you keep track of all games over time.

The other way to look at it would be to point out that neither you nor Mr Bigglesworth have played anyone else in the top half of the table ;-)

In fact your highest ranked opponent so far is currently 10th  :laugh:  :biggrin:

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I don't know if tiers would solve anything. This implies I have had it easy. I'm not sure that is the case. I dislike these analysis because their is flaws in the data. For example who gets the kick against can be huge. For example Don and Bruan both had secret weapons negated by early scoring. That is how I turned my game against Brian into a one of my most offensive matches.

Also what basis would the tier be set? This is my first league and first time playing against a person. I would have been in tier two, and I am pretty sure my opponents would have been a mix of tiers.

I know for example playing against Bryan I had a huge advantage, he had a bull out hurt. When I played Nate he had 2 journeymen. Both matches I went in with no handicaps.

I am just not sure this data not the population supports a break up of tiers.

Not sure what that means to me. I've had fun every game. But a couple of them I had a hard time fielding a full team on the pitch lol. Actually, my last few games I felt like I did well till the second half came around lol.

- Dave - I plan to buy lots of bribes! Lol

Not sure what that means to me. I've had fun every game. But a couple of them I had a hard time fielding a full team on the pitch lol. Actually, my last few games I felt like I did well till the second half came around lol.

- Dave - I plan to buy lots of bribes! Lol

Oh sorry, no slight intended. Just a friendly GLHF before our game.

When I counted 330k I had to look twice and noticed you already had 16 players. I assume 3 bribes, an extra apoth and a bloodweiser babe.    Or 3 bribes and a wizard.

When does Biggles and Frostitute play!? That is the game I want to watch. You should hear him Travis. The amount of trash talk on Tuesday was insane. I didn't get all the references on what he said his team was going to do to yours, but there were a lot of prison shower references in there.

Bryan, Shane, and others can confirm these scurrilous trash talkings.

Oh sorry, no slight intended. Just a friendly GLHF before our game.

When I counted 330k I had to look twice and noticed you already had 16 players. I assume 3 bribes, an extra apoth and a bloodweiser babe.    Or 3 bribes and a wizard.

well maybe a star player… I lost one of my trolls last game - so thinking about it.  I am guessing your done with your advances from last game dave?  Thanks for the heads up

- No slight taken :happy:  - I was actually referring to my S.O.S. - in which I was not sure what it meant to me lol… beating TöeJam seems to be a mark of a teams success  :laugh: . (all of my past opponents are in the top 9 (2 of the 5 in the top 2 slots)).  Is it because of their guile to be so great?  or is it because I provided them with much needed points?  lol  maybe the gobbos are messing up the data lol

-d

well maybe a star player… I lost one of my trolls last game - so thinking about it.  I am guessing your done with your advances from last game dave?  Thanks for the heads up

- No slight taken :happy:  - I was actually referring to my S.O.S. - in which I was not sure what it meant to me lol… beating TöeJam seems to be a mark of a teams success  :laugh: . (all of my past opponents are in the top 9 (2 of the 5 in the top 2 slots)).  Is it because of their guile to be so great?  or is it because I provided them with much needed points?  lol  maybe the gobbos are messing up the data lol

-d

Just an FYI. a team can have a max of 16 players for any game including any induced star players and mercenaries. 

Yes, players missing a game do not count towards your player total or TV for a game, though I do not see any MNG on your roster.

yes… this week - I have no MNG :)… got lucky against those MonStars.

- But one Troll did get killed - I already hired one gobbo to take his place - but I think I will let him go.

-d

ok - against OGRES …  :rolleyes:  :unsure:  - thinking options on star players (sad to be only 100k short of getting Morg)… do I go big (with Ripper) or should I go with speed (sorehead)?  or sticking with Fungus and add one or the other?  This is what is fun with goblins - star player choices! lol.  Opinions welcome!

(i have 350k to spend after letting go of my recent hire… and firing one other goblin)

-d

ok - against OGRES …  :rolleyes:  :unsure:  - thinking options on star players (sad to be only 100k short of getting Morg)… do I go big (with Ripper) or should I go with speed (sorehead)?  or sticking with Fungus and add one or the other?  This is what is fun with goblins - star player choices! lol.  Opinions welcome!

(i have 350k to spend after letting go of my recent hire… and firing one other goblin)

-d

I appreciate you throwing away treasury just to play me... 

With only one Troll, Ripper is an awesome fit, but Fungus is a sightly controlled beast, so maybe: Fungus, Ripper and 1 Bribe? Ya can't have it all.

• Like 1

I appreciate you throwing away treasury just to play me... 

With only one Troll, Ripper is an awesome fit, but Fungus is a sightly controlled beast, so maybe: Fungus, Ripper and 1 Bribe? Ya can't have it all.

yeah - either that or fungus and sorehead... and I think 3 bribes lol.  just run faster and try to stay away from the ogres.  lol  not sure yet - I will think on it.  But I think the ripper option is probably better.  And he would be able to play the whole game :(not thown out for the secret weapon)... unless of course the ogres pummel him

-d

Here is an interesting number.  this is the number of WINs  each players opponents have.  Basically all the players you have played, you add up the total wins in their records.  Draw your own conclusions.

Draconis Ignis     4     
Da Morkonites      5
Nuln Oilers        6    
Ekrund Raiders     14
Hell Pit Ogres     10
Albion Exiles      13
Karaz-a City       10
Zharr-Naggrund     12
Mordheim Mon-*s     9
Athel Loren        13 
Mad Doks           14
New Kids           13