Man's Raiders (Competitive all-foot army?!)

AbusePuppy

(1849)

UNENDING HOST

Renegade Command Squad (90)

Master of the Horde, Chaos Covenant (Khorne), Power Fist

Warlord

Renegade Enforcer (40)

Combat Drugs, Meltabombs

Renegade Platoon

18 Command Squad (114)

Pistols, Krak Grenades, Demagogue, Militia Training, Chaos Sigil, 3 Meltagun,

20 Infantry Squad (125)

Militia Training, Chaos Sigil, 3 Meltagun, 2 Autocannon

20 Infantry Squad (125)

Renegade Platoon

20 Command Squad (130)

Demagogue, Militia Training, Chaos Sigil, 3 Meltagun, 2 Autocannon

20 Infantry Squad (125)

20 Infantry Squad (125)

Renegade Platoon

20 Command Squad (130)

Demagogue, Militia Training, Chaos Sigil, 3 Meltagun, 2 Autocannon

20 Infantry Squad (125)

20 Infantry Squad (125)

10 Mutant Rabble (30)

4 Quad Guns (120)

Imperial Bunker (55)

KNIGHT DETACHMENT

Knight Acheron (415)

For those not familiar with the Unending Host, from the new Vraks book:

l_G7e_Tn_L.jpg

The idea here is pretty simple; as long as your warlord is alive, everything from your Renegade Platoons recycles on a 2+ when it dies and has Outflank when coming back in. Additionally, you get a 3+ cover save for intervening models and Chaos Sigils let you ignore the first Morale check you have to make on a given turn.Combined, it gives you a pretty insane level of durability that few armies can reasonably expect to chew through.

The list has sixteen Autocannons and 27 Meltaguns, giving it more than enough guns to be threatening to tanks and if it comes down to a melee engagement it can do a lot of damage by simply piling in tons of dudes and wearing the enemy down. The ONLY important model in the list is the Warlord- everything else is 100% expendable and can be thrown away for even the most trivial of gains. As such, the warlord will typically sit on top of the Bunker with the Thudd Guns so that he benefits from T7 (and they benefit from his 6+ FNP). Against armies with Barrage weapons of their own, however, he hides inside the Bunker with the under-strength Command Squad ready to launch a countercharge against anything that gets too close for comfort. Note that the Renegade Enforcer gives Rage to the whole squad as well as +1Ld and a Commissar-like "kill a guy to get a reroll" function.

I'm not 100% sure on the Knight; I picked the Acheron because it's the most generically-useful of them, but you could easily switch it into another variant (which might be better?) or something else entirely. Another version of the list had fewer infantry and an Adamantine Lance, but I was having trouble getting it to work, so there's this instead. The list's big problem is midfield strength, so whatever ally you replaced it with would want to be something fairly mobile and able to help it take objectives on the enemy's side of the field, or at the very break up whatever they have going on over there.

I'm sure there are better versions of this list that you could build, but plopping down 200 bodies that are almost impossible to permanently kill is just too hilarious not to try at some point.

• Like 2

Does the Renegade Command Squad include the Renegade Demagogue?

It does, yes. However, he's also an Independent Character(?!) because Forge World doesn't really know what rules are.

A horde that goes with your new Daemons of Khorne army, none the less!

Having Skarbrand in the army would be hilarious.

Better change that warlord to another chaos god. Khorne isn't gonna tolerate a supposed follower cowering in/on a fort, he wants craniums on chairs.

Maybe better with Slaanesh or Tzeench, they both seem like they're down with their peeps spending some quality alone time while the spuds do the heavy lifting.

180 plastic skeletons from Wargames Factory is $131 plus shipping...

An endless swarm of reanimated dead would look awesome on the table top;)

Hell yes! And if you could find the "Ash" model from Zombicide, you could do an Army of "Grim" Darkness theme for the army.
  • Like 1

To get the height right Glottkin would need a howdah or something else to make him taller. He's thicker at the bottom than an I.K. by a bit but it shouldn't be a problem. The way I'd play it is if an opponent's infantry couldn't see my infantry behind it, I'd let them shoot anyways because the knight has those spindly legs.

Nagash has quite a bit less mass but a similar silhouette, it would take quite a bit of work probably. That said, cool models are cool models so I'd be down with it!

On a side note: I like how AP made a post about a solid list theory and my immediate response is..

1) How do I make it cheaply?

2) How do I make it look cool?

;)

• Like 2