Green Tide at LVO Battle Reports / Discussion (For fluger!)

pretre

Honestly, I don't think the VSG adds much at all to a Tide list. You're banking on saturation to do your job for you- more bodies than the other guy can handle with the guns they have. Almost any list you encounter is going to have some anti-tank firepower to easily drop the Shields before they open up on the Boyz themselves. The VSG is strong when it acts as an ongoing protection for a bunch of other vehicles (or MCs, or similarly-tough targets); when it's one of the few "tanks" in your list, it's a lot less useful.

Honestly, I don't think the VSG adds much at all to a Tide list. You're banking on saturation to do your job for you- more bodies than the other guy can handle with the guns they have. Almost any list you encounter is going to have some anti-tank firepower to easily drop the Shields before they open up on the Boyz themselves. The VSG is strong when it acts as an ongoing protection for a bunch of other vehicles (or MCs, or similarly-tough targets); when it's one of the few "tanks" in your list, it's a lot less useful.

In reading the reports and after-action from the guys who ran VSG, the problem for most opponents was that they wasted all their mid-strength fire on the VSG first to try to get lucky and pop it that they had little for the GT when it finally did pop. It is apparently a neat psychological trick. :)

Honestly, I don't think the VSG adds much at all to a Tide list. 

It's 125 pts that forces someone to waste shots on it.  Being immune to wyverns until it is removed is pretty nice.  Also, it acts as cover for other things even just by existing.  I don't think there's a lot of better uses for 125 pts for the GT.  Again, it isn't an instant win gimmick or anything, but it seems to be a smart investment.  

Also, go write up battle reports!  

Back to work!  

• Like 2