Void Shield Generator rules?

Frowbakk

VSG - 50 Points

Composition: 1 Void Shield Generator.
Terrain Type: Impassable Building (Armour Value 13) with battlements.
Access Points & Fire Points: None.
Weapons: None.
Special Rules:
Projected Void Shields: A Void Shield Generator has a single projected void shield. It can be upgraded to
include additional layers of void shielding.
Each projected void shield has a 12" area of effect (measured from any point on the Void Shield Generator
building), known as a Void Shield Zone. Any shooting attack that originates from outside a Void Shield Zone andhits a target within the Void Shield Zone instead hits the projected void shield. If a unit is within 12" of more than
one Void Shield Generator, and so within more than one Void Shield Zone when it is hit, randomly determine
which of the buildings’ projected void shields is hit.
Each projected void shield has an Armour Value of 12. A glancing or penetrating hit (or any hit from a Destroyer
weapon) scored against a projected void shield causes it to collapse. If all the projected void shields have
collapsed, further hits strike the original target instead. At the end of each of the controlling player’s turns, roll a
dice for each projected void shield that has collapsed; each roll of 5+ instantly restores one shield.
Options:
• May take up to two additional projected void shields....25 pts each
• May take items from the Obstacles list.
  • Like 1

That's kind of my idea. 

Eleven Shokk Attack Guns (from one Mogrok's Bossboyz Formation and one Ork CAD) bunkered up for about 1850 points to take to the OFCC Open and rain down random Orky ordinance on everyone.

Silly, fragile (once you crack the Void Shields) but hopefully fun.

I wondered if the Defense Line could also add on since the Shokk Attack Guns are Ordinance and the Big Meks will need something to hide behind.

That's kind of my idea. 

Eleven Shokk Attack Guns (from one Mogrok's Bossboyz Formation and one Ork CAD) bunkered up for about 1850 points to take to the OFCC Open and rain down random Orky ordinance on everyone.

I wondered if the Defense Line could also add on since the Shokk Attack Guns are Ordinance and the Big Meks will need something to hide behind.

Seems more like a fun list than an open list, but that's just me.

Would an Orky Ordinance require everyone to pay a two toof fine every time they misused the word Ordinance?  

It depends on the night rate for nitrate, of course...  We'll remove dem teef wif high explosives!

Seems more like a fun list than an open list, but that's just me.

Since I'm having difficulty scraping together a team, it's more like bringing the spirit (but in no ways the intent) of the OFCC Team event to the Open.

• Like 2

Mogrok's Bossboyz - 3 Big Meks (one of which must be your Warlord), Warboss and Weirdboy Warphead, plus a regular CAD with 2 Big Meks, and the Mekboy Junka with Shokk Attack Gun as Elite choice or Dedicated Transport for a Big Mek.

11 Shokk Attack Guns camping under a Void Shield Generator...

Silly, totally unbalanced, and zero skyfire.

I'm primarily in it for the conversion potential.

• Like 3

Mogrok's Bossboyz: (courtesy of BoK) -

Requirements: 3 Big Meks, 1 Warboss, 1 Weirdboy (ML2)

Restrictions: None.

Special Rules: Big Mek Mogrok: The controlling player must nominate one Big Mek in this formation to be his Warlord (Mogrok). Mogrok always has the Kunnin’ But Brutal Warlord Trait (see Codex: Orks). Very Kunnin’: Before deployment, the controlling player can nominate up to D3 friendly Ork units; these units gain the Acute Senses and Outflank special rules. The controlling player also adds +1 to any attempts to Seize the Initiative, as described in Warhammer 40,000: The Rules.

Source: Campaign: Sanctus Reach: Red Waaagh

• Like 1

That's kind of my idea. 

If this is for an event using LVO rules then you would have to choose between the defence line or Void Shield generator.  You can only have 1 fortification no matter how many slots (and it sounds like you only have 1 slot anyway via the CAD).  Closest you can get to that is taking Obstacles (rules and types of obstacles are in Stronghold assault).

I do love the concept though and hope you follow through on it.