So this is the Scum ship i think everyone will be running. The dial has 9 green. It has a 4k AND the 3Signor. You can deck it out to yer heart's content.

So what will your build be?

I really enjoy the IG-88B and IG-88D combo.

IG-88B lets you perform a second attack with an equipped secondary cannon weapon if your first attack fails - Built in gunner can never hurt!

IG-88D lets you use the 3 hard template when performing the Signor loop - another bump in maneuverability.

Coming in at 36 points, you can either leave them plain and fit a small m3a or z-95 into the build or the aggressor just begs to be upgrade to high heaven.

I want some actions so Push the Limit for the EPT.

Secondary weapons include one Flechette Cannon on B and a Ion Cannon on D - so i can stress and ion at my liking.

Sensors is a tough one but Fire Control Systems is a great combo if you get a second chance to attack.

Autothrusters for the modification. I want my ships to be at range 3 most of the time for survivability.

IG-2000 title of course for the sharing of pilot abilities.

Now the illicit slot. This is a hard decision. I like the idea of Feedback Array if someone manages to get around behind you at R1. But should I go with inertial dampeners instead? add yet another option in a wide array of maneuvers?

What are you guys looking at for running the aggressor?

I feel like IG-88C is my favorite, for reasons outlined below.  I'm partial to D if I'm trying to squeeze another ship into the list since B means I'm dropping points into at least 2 cannons.  A is my least favorite in competitive play since 2-3 ship builds are still very popular and I feel that pilot ability becomes marginalized by so few opportunities to trigger during a game.

I agree that Push the Limit is a natural pick for these ships, the volume of green maneuvers on that dial makes stress much less of an issue and having boost on the action bar combined with PtL makes it that much less of a worry.  With the pilot ability on C in the mix the action economy only gets better, and with a small ship count staying alive becomes a priority since you're likely facing more red dice than you can generate yourself early in the game.  Daredevil, Outmaneuver, and Predator are also valid choices IMO.

For sensors I like either Advanced sensors OR Sensor Jammer if B is in the list (with that free secondary attack from a cannon is a TL really needed?).  Given that the ship(s) lend themselves to a 2-3 ship build I like the added durability of Sensor Jammer, but if you're not planning on using PtL or another regular source of stress the options Advanced Sensors offers is very useful.  In general though I like Sensor Jammer.  If B is not in the list then perhaps Fire Control System makes sense.

Autothrusters is an auto-include IMO.

Illicit slot I like the Hot Shot Blaster.  Even with the maneuverability these ships offer you're going to have at least one turn where the ship you want to target/finish off is outside your forward arc.  Feedback Array and Inertial Dampeners are useful as well, but overall I'm a bigger fan of the one-use blaster.

My initial build (yet to run it though) is B/C

Mangler cannon

PtL

Adv Sensors

Autothrusters

Inertial Dampeners

IG 2000

With B, you've got to get a cannon and manglers are awesome. Especially with tooled up decimators and Han Solos all over, crits can ruin them. Discarding pilot abilities and EPTs, dropping PS to 0, making turns red, etc. can make them horribly inefficient and enough to turn things in your favor before you lose a bot.

PtL+Adv sensors is great for that dial but stress builds are becoming more and more popular so my thoughts on that may change. Additionally, if you do a k-turn or S-loop, it breaks that combo as you can't PtL for stress, pull a green and clear it. So I'll start with PtL, but may switch to predator or outmaneuver if I'm not impressed.

Autothrusters are a given. Always take them.

I like inertial dampeners best for illicits. If you're facing lower PS squads, they're likely to spread their firing arcs out because they don't know where you'll end up. But they won't count on you NOT moving. Against higher PS squads, you can effectively block with that bignol' base. Or if you're really lucky, the phantom trying to chase you, might accidentally shoot past you and not have a shot. Phantoms have a horrible time turning around if they don't have ACD shenanigans to help.

As far as IG-C instead of D? D is great but he essentially doubles down on the unpredictability of his movement. That's all well and good if you're outsmarting low PS squads but against turrets, it's inconsequential. And if you get stressed from tactician, R3-A2, or rebel captive then you can't use it. C, on the other hand, has the ability to just GTFO if the going gets hairy, or just boost/evade, then bump on a joust so he's only facing shots from the back of the formation and has an evade to take his licks.

My build has 2 points to spare, so I think I'd go for a flechette cannon. Best 2 points I think.

For the illicit slot, i like the idea of the inertial dampeners or the feedback array.

If it comes down to array vs. the hot shot blaster, i would take the array. it's a guaranteed damage with no one rolling any dice. No evade tokens or stealth device to get around. You do get R2 with the blaster, but the ships i would use it against (phantoms, han) would probably be at R1 anyway.

I think it is funny how all three of us auto-include the new autothrusters. how much will this one modification change the game?

The self harming nature of the feedback array is a turn off for me, especially if the opponent has an ion weapon. Maybe with IG-88A, or if autothrusters and stealth devices become overwhelmingly popular.

As for autothrusters, they're too god to not use if you have the option. They breathe new life into some pilots and ships that weren't seeing as much use as they could. Another thread here discusses them a bit and since that time I've been only more impressed by them; I think they'll help push the meta away from large turret ships a reasonable amount.

Yeah I ran a D and B build at a tournament the other weekend. They were both equipped with the following

Manglers

Out maneuver

Auto thrusters

Inertial dampeners

Advanced sensors

And the B also had a seismic charge.

Of everything they were equipped with auto thrusters were by far the most impressive. Manglers are great too especially with B. One of the most fun lists I have ever played. It's very potent too. Due to my lack of experience with that list I only went 3 and 2 but I feel it has the potential to win tournaments.

Auto thrusters are not auto includes if there is a better modification for the type of ship. Ie I give you named phantoms..... Their auto include is acd

Remember that Autothrusters only work on ships with the Boost action. So only A's, TIE Interceptors, Star Vipers and Aggressors can really use them since they are a Modification. They may not be auto-include, but they are VERY good on those ships. I definitely think they are auto-include on the Aggressor for sure.

Love my IG-88 B&D build so far!

Jim

I actually think my phantom list gets better with scum in the Meta

As much as I hate to agree with that, I do. Although I think people are getting frustrated with phantoms and other maneuverable and/or action efficient ships, that control lists will be more and more common. Phantoms absolutely hate control lists and the BTL-A4 title only makes control lists better. They no longer have to choose between damage or control. That's a very big deal.

But this is now way off topic. To try to bring it back, I think aggressors are more vulnerable to phantoms than most scum ships. And that, if anything, will be the single most important factor in keeping them from top tier competition consistently.

Remember that Autothrusters only work on ships with the Boost action. So only A's, TIE Interceptors, Star Vipers and Aggressors can really use them since they are a Modification. They may not be auto-include, but they are VERY good on those ships. I definitely think they are auto-include on the Aggressor for sure.

Love my IG-88 B&D build so far!

Jim

Good point, I forgot about that.  However I dont think they are auto include on aggressors.  I actually want to keep my aggressors a little cheaper to get another ship in the list.

Good point, I forgot about that.  However I dont think they are auto include on aggressors.  I actually want to keep my aggressors a little cheaper to get another ship in the list.

i have thought about that a lot as well. if you are paying for access to the sensor and illicit slots, they should be used.

what's your idea of a cheap aggressor? a mangler and VI? and which letter aggressors do you run as cheap? C+D?

I really feel that after about 10 games with a dual IG list I can say that I feel a third ship would be handicapping the list. The ships need all the support they can get and stacking upgrades on them seems like a better use of the points than something like a Z-95 or some other budget ship. I also feel that cannons are required on the agressors because B is an absolute must have. His ability is simply too good.

B and D both equipped the same

Autothrusters

Manglers

Fire Control System

Hot Shot Blaster

Outmaneuver

I do miss advanced sensors but really the damage output of Bs ability with FCS and Manglers is pretty absurd. The first shot is good at stripping peoples evades and focus and the second lands tons of damage. The hot shot I am still up in the air about but it did prove pretty instrumental in my last game by being able to finish a ship that would have been able to finish mine in any other circumstance.

I do miss advanced sensors but really the damage output of Bs ability with FCS and Manglers is pretty absurd. The first shot is good at stripping peoples evades and focus and the second lands tons of damage. 

isnt this the same as any other 2 ship combo?  

The re-roll is just an inbuilt gunner.  you only get the 2nd shot if you dont hit on the first.

Yes but that's true but I am saying that the first shot often forces higher agility ships to spend their focus or evade tokens to defend against it. Then you have a second shot with a target lock to make sure you force through that damage.

I have just been impressed with the lists consistent damage output and their ability to get out of peoples firing arcs. It's very fun and has the added benefit of being good.