SPOILER! The End of End Times!

Wow, cool.  Looks like the first steps towards making Fantasy more playable at lower point levels.

I would love to see them make Warhammer playable at low and high point levels.

We just have to wait to see what 9th is like. Just hope they don't slaughter the new story or look just to copy right an IP. The rumors of the IP rights being the reason is looking more and more true.

Seriously looking for a bright side here but I am coming up blank.

With the new fluff I hope they leave out the Chaos gods. Not sure if I'm going to get this bad taste out of my mouth for a while.

Any idea of the new fluff they will be working off of?

So as it was explained to me, it goes a bit like this:

Chaos is going to be able to appear basically anywhere through dimensional portals. They're shooting forward in time a bit, and they're combining races.  However, was I was also told was that they're going more of a LotR style of game, hence the round bases.  They also apparently don't mind making Fantasy veterans unhappy because there aren't enough to make mad.  It completely makes sense from a "start over" standpoint that they'd have the world rebuilt.  So no Dark Elves/High Elves, there's now just apparently "elves."  Same thing with Tomb Kings/Vampire Counts, back to just being undead.

And while I'd say I have this on decent authority, it's not to say I couldn't have been given a line of total BS, but from who I got it from, I'm saying that I have no reason to doubt.

I still stick with the theory that there will emerge two levels of WHFB,,one being classic(8th edition) and the other being something along the lines of "Warhammer Worlds"...the new 9th edition/skirmish/smaller armies thing.

And if anything older models will increase in value at a faster rate as classic will remain the popular formal competition format.Im sure the new models will be great too but if they go generic with their molds and sprue options then they wont be as desired as the more race specific older ones.Also even though they pretty much added unbound to the army composition ,I don't see that being used much at all..pretty much like its not used in 40k for anything other than totally goofing around,kinda like me and my ALL snotling army,lol.

• Like 1

Just give me 9th edition already! I need to know if I can continue my ogre kingdoms project or shoot them with my .38 special.

That pretty much sums it up... I (and most people I think) just don't feel like putting in a lot of effort (or money) until we know what the future looks like. Maybe we are playing 8th forever, maybe we are reworking existing armies a little... maybe we are just crying in the corner... any way it goes, we need to know before we invest further.

*Shrugs* 

I can't see them throwing away the square base armies in existence (or not depending on how you read the fluff). 

I can see them having both the big armies we know and a smaller skirmish rule set though. 

Either way I'll just wait to see what happens when 9th does come out. 

As for the story, I enjoyed that something finally did happen in the WH universe.  Was getting stale with nothing really changing from a territory standpoint.

• Like 3