Why the End Times is stupid

Ok there 'Wood'elf, don't go shaking your timber at me.

Dare you to scalpt a Woodelf army with hardons. Just make those cod pieces a little bigger.

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy

I bought the Dwarf army book back in 1995 and read it cover to cover and fell in love with the fluff. I wouldn't of bought into fantasy without that fluff. I was 16 at the time. Guess you know one person.

Pretty sure the miniatures got you into the book :wink:

I don't know of a single player how ever got into the game because they saw the fluff or world map first (for 40k or fantasy).

The reason I play any game of miniatures is a friend of mine described Ork Cyboar Boyz and the red button and I was sold.  Fluff CAN sell the game.  Also, dick measuring about better fluff or balance between 40k and Fantasy is silly, it's ALWAYS going to be a matter of preference rather than solid fact.  

I used to not play 40k at all and was only doing fantasy, but the late 7th edition power surge and then 8th edition really bummed me out (though, I guess now it's a good edition?) so I sold out and went all in on 40k.  I've been keeping an eye on Fantasy and especially this end times thing.  I really hope that they don't completely wipe the slate on Fantasy, but the bubble realm kinda stuff sounds really weird.  I hope 9th edition is better or we get a community consensus to play just 8th edition.  

Either way, I hope I get a good reason to come back, because I LIKE the Warhammer world fluff despite its  facade of generic-ness.  

• Like 2

I was just refuting the statement that 40K somehow had richer fluff than fantasy. I think the fluff of both universes is great. Each one steals from other sources...that is basically GW's trademark. I don't have an issue with that. I have an issue with GW wiping out that history because they have priced the game out of people's reach. Its like they are killing it off just to spite the player base.

I was just refuting the statement that 40K somehow had richer fluff than fantasy. I think the fluff of both universes is great. Each one steals from other sources...that is basically GW's trademark. I don't have an issue with that. I have an issue with GW wiping out that history because they have priced the game out of people's reach. Its like they are killing it off just to spite the player base.

frozen-let-it-go-meme.jpg

• Like 2

Its like they are killing it off just to spite the player base.

Makes little sense.  I suspect that, as has been postulated earlier, that Fantasy will continue to exist in the 30 minutes to midnight of the End Times for 9th edition.  Smaller scale, simplified, stream-lined armies based on Forces of Destruction etc instead of individual races.  

For all the whining on the 40k forums about pricing out players, I think Fantasy has a legit gripe.  I priced out a cool Dwarf army and it was like $900 if I bought it off the website.  I have no idea what the solution is, but smaller scale MIGHT be a start.  

• Like 1

Makes little sense.  I suspect that, as has been postulated earlier, that Fantasy will continue to exist in the 30 minutes to midnight of the End Times for 9th edition.  Smaller scale, simplified, stream-lined armies based on Forces of Destruction etc instead of individual races.  

For all the whining on the 40k forums about pricing out players, I think Fantasy has a legit gripe.  I priced out a cool Dwarf army and it was like $900 if I bought it off the website.  I have no idea what the solution is, but smaller scale MIGHT be a start.  

I have to say that the main benefit of fantasy is that so many people have played it that you can almost always find used models for cheaper. 

End Times? more like...Dumb Times

;)

I have talked and played with more warhammer players who like End Times for both the fluff and how it changed the staticness of the game.

With the exception to Lore of Undeath and the 50% lords/heroes change, players just say f the magic rules from Khaine. As for the list options that Archaon is bringing, it will open up some extremely cool lists.

Here are 4 examples I would love to see on the table:

1) A true all slayer dwarf army

2) A high elf chrace army with whoite lions and chariots backed with converted lords riding lions (counts as cav)

3) An empire sigmarite army with a bunch of flagallent blocks

4) An all cav dark elf army with three cold opne blocks

Sure, someone could take an army of all Chimera's. I doubt we will see those extremes in our local gaming communitites.

• Like 1

People wanted things to move forward.  Not delete the world.  I feel like you are all a bunch of trolls.  And anyone who comments that deleting the world is moving forward, [big bad swear word] you.  You're a troll too.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree that having the setting come to a complete halt is kinda crap.  My agreement with Burk is mostly because I think of people who play elves and would absolutely refuse to accept Malekith returning. 

...But to play devil's advocate, it technically DID move forward.   It just happened to move forward to a very quick end. 

People wanted things to move forward.  Not delete the world.  I feel like you are all a bunch of trolls.  And anyone who comments that deleting the world is moving forward, [big bad swear word] you.  You're a troll too.

You know how I know you're not reading what we're really saying... 

I suspect that, as has been postulated earlier, that Fantasy will continue to exist in the 30 minutes to midnight of the End Times for 9th edition.  

Pretre: 2) There is no confirmation that this 'invalidates every customer's model collection'. For all we know, as I said in the other thread, we will be playing 30 minutes to midnight for the next edition.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree that having the setting come to a complete halt is kinda crap.  My agreement with Burk is mostly because I think of people who play elves and would absolutely refuse to accept Malekith returning. 

...But to play devil's advocate, it technically DID move forward.   It just happened to move forward to a very quick end. 

Troll

You know how I know you're not reading what we're really saying... 

2) There is no confirmation that this 'invalidates every customer's model collection'. For all we know, as I said in the other thread, we will be playing 30 minutes to midnight for the next edition.

Troll

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

You're the one that spouted back about invalidating models.  Which I never said.  It's like reading someones post and spouting that they don't know what the [big bad swear word] they are saying because 2) Some [big bad swear word] that you didn't care about.  Oh wait, that's what you just did.  It's exactly like that.

You're the one that spouted back about invalidating models.  Which I never said.  It's like reading someones post and spouting that they don't know what the [big bad swear word] they are saying because 2) Some [big bad swear word] that you didn't care about.  Oh wait, that's what you just did.  It's exactly like that.

u-mad-bro-like-a-sir_o_1226368.jpg

I think you need to take a step back for a minute. It's okay. We still like you.

u-mad-bro-like-a-sir_o_1226368.jpg

I think you need to take a step back for a minute. It's okay. We still like you.

Nah, me cussing doesn't constitute anger.  I'm an ex sailor and it's pretty much every other word I actually speak.  But you are a troll, like every other [Clown] on this forum.

Nah, me cussing doesn't constitute anger.  I'm an ex sailor and it's pretty much every other word I actually speak.  But you are a troll, like every other [big bad swear word] on this forum.

Anger is really irrelevant, it's a silly meme to illustrate the point. The point is that you are missing quite a few of the points in the thread because of your preconceived notions about the other posters.

For example, my quotes were to illustrate the fact quite a few of us are of the opinion that the world is not being deleted, but that we are existing in a 30 minutes to midnight situation. 

You took one post from rudra and freaked the feth out.

Also, 'troll' is far too overused and diluted a word to be meaningful at this point.

• Like 1

Anger is really irrelevant, it's a silly meme to illustrate the point. The point is that you are missing quite a few of the points in the thread because of your preconceived notions about the other posters.

For example, my quotes were to illustrate the fact quite a few of us are of the opinion that the world is not being deleted, but that we are existing in a 30 minutes to midnight situation. 

You took one post from rudra and freaked the feth out.

Also, 'troll' is far too overused and diluted a word to be meaningful at this point.

I actually think you do it just to troll.  As in get a rise out of those that are not enjoying the End Times.  So when I call you a Troll, I mean that fully.  I find you to be a troll after 5 pages of this bull[big bad swear word].  And memes that are just silly but illustrate the point, but are derogatory towards the other side are nothing but Troll.  If you feel that the word Troll is overused, then it's probably because you Troll too much.