Why the End Times is stupid

I actually think you do it just to troll.  As in get a rise out of those that are not enjoying the End Times.  So when I call you a Troll, I mean that fully.  I find you to be a troll after 5 pages of this bull[big bad swear word].  And memes that are just silly but illustrate the point, but are derogatory towards the other side are nothing but Troll.  If you feel that the word Troll is overused, then it's probably because you Troll too much.

think.gif

You would be incorrect. I post on this and other threads because I enjoy interacting and debating the fine points of wargaming with my fellow wargamers.

Yeah, Rudra doesn't deserve the abuse. He as been mostly watching and his comments are in good jest. He's a way better guy than me when it comes to forum nice-guys.

I agree the end of End Times was not writte well and felt cheap and more of an excuse to justify whatever changes happen, but we still can disagree and not hate on one another.

• Like 1

Yeah, Rudra doesn't deserve the abuse. He as been mostly watching and his comments are in good jest. He's a way better guy than me when it comes to forum nice-guys.

I agree the end of End Times was not well and felt cheap and more of an excuse to justify whatever changes happen, but we still can disagree and not hate on one another.

Rudra is a good guy.

I have talked and played with more warhammer players who like End Times for both the fluff and how it changed the staticness of the game.

With the exception to Lore of Undeath and the 50% lords/heroes change, players just say f the magic rules from Khaine. As for the list options that Archaon is bringing, it will open up some extremely cool lists.

Here are 4 examples I would love to see on the table:

1) A true all slayer dwarf army

2) A high elf chrace army with whoite lions and chariots backed with converted lords riding lions (counts as cav)

3) An empire sigmarite army with a bunch of flagallent blocks

4) An all cav dark elf army with three cold one blocks

Sure, someone could take an army of all Chimera's. I doubt we will see those extremes in our local gaming communitites.

i LOVE example 3.  #1 i would like them to bring the pirate guys back, but eh pipe dream.  i do think you must be talking to a very small sampling size with like-minded people.  most people overall in the world really dislike end times(at least twitter/forums/podcasts are just littered with disgust with it..).  some hate it completely(like some above) some like some aspects of it but disappointed with majority(like me and others) some like the majority of it, yet just dislike some aspects of it(like you and others).  noone loves it completely at least from anyone ive ever seen.  maybe 40kers who dont actually care about fantasy anyways and want to play a game with less rule?  we all have our opinions and thats great!  but i think thats a bold statement to say majority of people really like end times...  regardless, i do think it has made people anxious for 9th to come one way or another lol.  sneaky GW actually did some marketing brilliance there

guys lets all just relax a bit... obviously getting a little heated in this thread.

But he's also a troll like the rest of us who don't share your particular opinion and were evil enough to post about it?

Yes, someone I like can be a troll.  But I'm done bantering words with you Pretre.  I think you are absurd. Keep up with the "funny" memes that aren't trolling.

People wanted things to move forward.  Not delete the world.  I feel like you are all a bunch of trolls.  And anyone who comments that deleting the world is moving forward, [big bad swear word] you.  You're a troll too.

Sometimes, getting what you ask for, is not what you wanted.....law of unintended consequences......

• Like 2

People wanted things to move forward.  Not delete the world.  I feel like you are all a bunch of trolls.  And anyone who comments that deleting the world is moving forward, [big bad swear word] you.  You're a troll too.

Does this mean I am going to grow some crazy long hair with even crazier colors? I still have standards to meet in the military and I don't want any more article 15's.

• Like 1

Yes, someone I like can be a troll.  But I'm done bantering words with you Pretre.  I think you are absurd. Keep up with the "funny" memes that aren't trolling.

Are you now? I am sometimes absurd, although I think that has little to do with your point. I had planned on continuing to post on Ordo; I wasn't aware I needed your permission though. :)

Are you now? I am sometimes absurd, although I think that has little to do with your point. I has planned on continuing to post on Ordo; I wasn't aware I needed your permission though. :)

You can do what you like. Our back and forth is at an end though. You've succeeded in annoying me. (Now you come back with some witty response on not the intent, blah blah blah) Either way I'm done with you in this thread.

You can do what you like. Our back and forth is at an end though. You've succeeded in annoying me. (Now you come back with some witty response on not the intent, blah blah blah) Either way I'm done with you in this thread.

Oooh, can I have the last word instead? And do I get a cookie for annoying you? I didn't imagine it was that difficult from your earlier posts, but now I feel special.

• Like 1

You are both being trolls. Get out of my thread.

p.s. I'm sure getting this thread locked is the intent of one of the parties involved.

Unfortunately, you don't get to choose who posts in your threads. :)

That being said... I gave up on getting this locked pretty early. I think we should have kept the discussion with the other thread, but went with it after it was apparent we weren't going to do that.