Warhammer 40k Limited Spot Tourney

It's time to get your OFCC practice on. Come join the Bellingham Warhamsters for an exclusive limited 20 person spot:

Warhammer 40k tournament

Saturday April 18th: Noon arrival time and a Hard Start @1230pm.

$15.00 Buy IN

Dark Tower Games

1431 Railroad Ave

Bellingham, WA 98225

Now is the chance to test out those lists for the big event. The good news is that no painting is required. We will even allow acceptable proxies (of like shape and size of model being proxied). This is a fun and moderately competitive event to mock the OFCC play style. What no better way to test out all of those great list ideas then to put them to the actual test in a similar OFCC atmosphere.

Yes that means that it will be 3 games using Maelstorm Objectives.

2000pts Battle Forged and Unbound Allowed - Lists will not be rated, However the TO will review lists subjectively. He will be leniently searching for power lists that would blatantly not be allowed in the OFCC. i.e.) 5 Flying Hive Tyrants, 6 riptides etc.

Lists must be emailed to shae.hughes@amfam.com or PMed to huggies01 3 days prior to April 18th. No later than 12am of April 15th.

Once the list is approved that will secure your place in the tournament. Pay on arrival.

Now the good stuff.

Prizes:

1st and 2nd Place Prize for Battle Point Standings

1 Out of Towner Raffle Prize (yes for those willing to travel there will be prizes/ Out side of Whatcom county is eligible)

1 P.P.S.(Painting/Participation/Sportsmanship) Raffle prize. If you are fully painted they you will receive 2 extra tickets. At the end of the 3rd round you will be given one ticket to give to 1 of your 3 favorite opponents that you played. You will also automatically receive one ticket for participating in the tournament.

• Like 3

If it is OFCC practice, why the two non-Maelstrom missions?

Kill points is a mission everyone hates, and HEAVILY favors a few armies.

All maelstrom favors certain army builds as well, sir. This is a collection of the basic principles of 40k missions. Kill the enemy, score points at the end, and score points each game turn. Even my mostly MSU force which bleeds kill points can give a game as long as I work at it, it is a known weakness of mine.

Finally as to the kill point imbalances the matches aren't set by record, I'm manually matching with an eye towards ofcc style matching. By trying to get most players to consider more balanced forces I'm hoping for easier matching which all captains should, without recreating the wheel. Also I can assume all players ofcc or not are familiar with the main book missions.

yes IMO, eternal war missions are extremely tough to make fair. kill points vs an army like mine with 13 single model units is a cake walk.

Choices you've made, also you give up first blood allot which gives your opponent an edge every time.

With ofcc there is almost always since "fun" mission that is so incredibly broken outside of their little test kill. Points is similar but everybody has access to it.

Choices you've made, also you give up first blood allot which gives your opponent an edge every time.

With ofcc there is almost always since "fun" mission that is so incredibly broken outside of their little test kill. Points is similar but everybody has access to it.

Not all of us came have a thousand secure objective tanks/drop pods on the board.  Just playin, I accept the short comings of the Tyranids and embrace their awesomeness.  But I will always hate dedicated transports with a burning passion.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.