Warhammer 40k Limited Spot Tourney

Not all of us came have a thousand secure objective tanks/drop pods on the board.  Just playin, I accept the short comings of the Tyranids and embrace their awesomeness.  But I will always hate dedicated transports with a burning passion.

Easy way to completely screw drop pods? Have infiltrators. Setup in circle around objective pod won't be able to land with in 3" now ignore and kill the squishies on foot. Choices I've made and have to contend with... I also struggle in kill points, dedicated anti tank can engage pods while anti infantry stuff doesn't have to wait for the infantry to get out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

Copy that, thank you.  As stated, the only change would be maybe one heavy weapon in one squad... I think I'm 30 points under at the moment so shouldn't affect anything.

Also, I *will* have a proxy model, as my work schedule negated me getting everything fully modeled and/or painted.  But I'm going to work hard on doing what I can prior to Saturday, just depends on my work callouts.  I think I'll have most of the army painted and the proxy is clearly representative of what it should be; I just couldn't find a certain model piece in my bits box   :(

Looking forward to actually gaming, thanks again for hosting this event and allowing me to participate!

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

Ah Loren, I see your lack of enthusiasm. My guess is the elder codex is coming out, if this is what you mean? In that regard, I put this up for thought as I just got done playing Nathaniel and he will be partaking in the tourney regardless of codex. My point I used to convince him, is that setting aside all of the rumors that are going to be out there, we know (from majority of other codex releases) that the main part of the book will be intact. Yes they will probably change something that needed a reduction or boost in certain areas but it won't be the massive overhaul that players may be thinking.

With that said, my next point here is equivalent to pricelessness (but I will give it to you for free, minus 17 easy payments of $19.99). The Eldar codex will be coming out. However I doubt that every other codex will also release before the OFCC. If you see where I am going with this...yes, it is invaluable practice to get to see some of the armies you will be facing as you and I both know extremely well, pairings are everything in this event. Man what no better asset than having your whole team playing at the same tourney so you can learn their weaknesses and strengths. Yes your teammates know their armies very well, however come the witching hour you're going to have to make that split decision of facing your teammates against the armies they really don't want to.

In summation however, I make no point to trying to lecture you as you are most likely a far better captain than I. I also understand that every person has a personal life outside of playing toys, but I do protest that if you can make it and you are only concerned about a codex release then we could really use you in this event. Hopefully this was enough persuasion.

• Like 1

damn...i just got OWNED, ok fine I'll be there....but I will be practicing ALL aspects of OFCC prep.....all of dem...all

Roughly my list.

HQ:

Autarch w/ fusion

Elite:

10 x Fire Dragons

>wave serpent

>>holo field

>>ghost walk

>>starcannon

Troop:

10 x Dire Avengers

>Wave Serpent

>>holo field

>>ghost walk

>>starcannon

10 x Dire Avengers

>Wave Serpent

>>holo field

>>ghost walk

>>starcannon

10 x Rangers

3 x Jetbikes

>shuriken Cannon

3 x Jetbikes

>shuriken Cannon

Fast Attack:

10 x Swooping Hawks

Heavy Support:

WraithKnight

Nightspinner
>>holo field

>>ghost walk

Allies Tau:

Hq:

Etheral

Troop:

10 x Kroot

Heavy support:

2 x Broadside

> Velocity Trackers

• Like 1

damn...i just got OWNED, ok fine I'll be there....but I will be practicing ALL aspects of OFCC prep.....all of dem...all

Roughly my list.

HQ:

Autarch w/ fusion

Elite:

10 x Fire Dragons

>wave serpent

>>holo field

>>ghost walk

>>starcannon

Troop:

10 x Dire Avengers

>Wave Serpent

>>holo field

>>ghost walk

>>starcannon

10 x Dire Avengers

>Wave Serpent

>>holo field

>>ghost walk

>>starcannon

10 x Rangers

3 x Jetbikes

>shuriken Cannon

3 x Jetbikes

>shuriken Cannon

Fast Attack:

10 x Swooping Hawks

Heavy Support:

WraithKnight

Nightspinner

>>holo field

>>ghost walk

Allies Tau:

Hq:

Etheral

Troop:

10 x Kroot

Heavy support:

2 x Broadside

> Velocity Trackers

I see no aspects....

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.