Wrath of the Rose City Slayers

lol forgot the DP also had charmed shield DOH.  so after playing the DP, i see now why the hate is there.  but i also see him as not exactly being easy to use.  still have to be super careful seeing as he only has a 5++ he will get dropped by multiwound cannons OR by MR of flight LOL i loved it actually that he went down to that. 

as for your list.  keep that MR of flight for sure.  i may actually start using that after seeing how well it works.  it did 7 wounds that game?!? especially with slayers and swift reforms that can be so nasty.  you can do the 30 wide thing to lengthen his reach and hit something with it very likely catching your opponent by surprise.   i think you probably need a champ in the longbeards or give the runesmith a shield and drop the GW.  i always run the 2+ 5++ parry runesmith and he can surprisingly take a lot of damage.  ive saved 7 wounds with him before....  worst case he takes the big shot to the face by say my daemon prince and he at least gets two save attempts to reduce damage.  not like it matters against a daemonprince but against every other solo character/monster he can negate enough damage that you win combat with 4 static CR sometimes.  just a thought.  i think your list is fine, just like most dwarf lists though it will struggle against stupid lists like the one i brought(which you wont see at RCW so thats not a big concern...).  the copter was a smart addition.  it got more than its points worth that game and that was just a single copter!  ungrim was a stud.  surviving 3-4 rounds of combat with a doombull and me getting buffs off is very impressive. 

Modeling: Tonight, I made an Ungrim Ironfist. He is made from three product lines: a Scibor base, a GW Longbeard Vet, and an Art of War Mohawk. I like it and cannot wait until the brown stuff cures.

Gaming:

Got Rolled by Don't Panic's Legions of Chaos. It is a brutal list. He did not table me and I killed his Lord, so not bad. The organ guns did nada……….

Played Valourunbound's Skaven, and managed a win. The organ guns and gyro did nothing. One block of slayers died to a Dwarf, but Ungrim can take a beating and hold his own.

I have two more games in the can. 

Thoughts: If I had more time, I would paint more Gyrocopters. They are better for the list than Organ Guns. Organ Guns just seem like free points. Maybe, I should use the points for miners…….

I played Don't Panic's Legions list. He still won, but I broke his Fortitude of  for the Wrath Scenario first. This time, it was not much of a stomping.

Second, I played Rudra's Beasts. It was a great game. He won, but it was very close to a tie.

i think you can drop the organ guns and probably have more success.  either that or give one an engineer(the big popper) to make them more effective(then miasma doesnt do jack to that organ gun).  i have mixed feelings about miners.  they are my favorite models, but i lost them seemingly every time i brought them(either that or they didnt come on......).  i think bringing 10 is a little too small.  need like 15 for them to be effective(and bring the drill...).  when i made that switch they were far more impressive.  otherwise they just get steadfast broken and run off by many things(or panic but thats just nate being nate).  seeing as the longbeards like to fail leadership tests(why?!), maybe the tough bsb or with grungi bubble would be fun as well.  plus some copters.  your list is strong for a 20 swedish.  thats for sure.  if you drop the organ guns where are people going to get points from you?  probably just copter snipes and character snipes(which with ld10 and T5/T6  good luck) and thats not easy.  also if you dropped both organ guns you could just put in a lord on SB. triple lords with dwarfs....... ive never done that before!

• Like 1

Run the gyros in a few games and see how it goes.  Anyway you can drop just one gun to make room for 2 copters?  

Also, thanks for the game last night, it was awesome.

One organ gun is the same cost as two Gyros, so if I had the time, I could take 3 gyro in the list by dropping one Organ Gun.

Thank you for the game. It was very chess like. I enjoyed it immensely.