Wrath of the Rose City Slayers

I don't think you're giving your slayers enough credit. Think of them as experienced squigs. They're unbreakable, and when you kill them there's a chance they do more wounds. You think elves want to fight them?

I think your biggest challenge is going to be avoidance armies, and armies who can hex them to nothing.

How many dispel runes are you packing?

• Like 1

I don't think you're giving your slayers enough credit. Think of them as experienced squigs. They're unbreakable, and when you kill them there's a chance they do more wounds. You think elves want to fight them?

I think your biggest challenge is going to be avoidance armies, and armies who can hex them to nothing.

How many dispel runes are you packing?

It is true, the blocks are hard to kill, but a good general will feed them junk, avoid them, and hex them to a halt.

I have a single Rune of Spell Breaking.

Cheers,

RD

It is true, the blocks are hard to kill, but a good general will feed them junk, avoid them, and hex them to a halt.

I have a single Rune of Spell Breaking.

Cheers,

RD

At the same time, your opponent isn't getting points for the unit unless they kill it. The copters should help you with clearing their chaff. Have you tried a double breaker list? Are you using ranger darts to stop enemy vanuard moves? I've been using 2 units of 6 and that seems to help with stopping opponent vanguards and with clearing certain chaff.

however, you're a smart general. I'm sure you'll formulate a solid game plan with your army before the wrath.

• Like 2

Here's a little tip that I think might help in some games.   IN a straight up fight, always deploy close to the middle.

Unless you are 100% sure of where the other guy's units are going, then the middle is your sweet spot.  In our game it helped that you were even remotely shoved over to one side, because it made it a lot easier to avoid your shorties.  You will be easier to flank, but slayers don't need to care about that.   The longbeards are safest in the center, and if anyone is dumb enough to charge them then you have two slayer units to close on either flank.  

• Like 3

Characters:    683

Ungrim Ironfist  350 

S6 in combat and killing blow, 4+ ward, 

3+ Armor Save

Daemon Slayer, 230

Master Rune of Flight, 2 Runes of Might.

Runesmith, Shield, Rune of Stone, Rune of Spell Breaking, Rune of Passage. 103

Core: 634

12 Quarrelers with Shields, M. 166

31 Longbeards, Shields, SB, M.  Rune of Stoicism: 458

ITP and Stubborn

Special: 1042

30 Slayers, M, SB, Strollaz Rune, Rune of Sanctuary, 457

Giant Slayer with Rune of Fire and Speed

29 Slayers, M, SB, Strollaz Rune, 426

Giant Slayer with Rune of Fire. 

Gyrocopter.  80

Gyrocopter. 80

Rare: 140

5 Rangers. 70 

5 Rangers. 70

I think this is the best mix I can make. The rangers can hold back vanguards or get near unprotected war machines and launch fanatics. Tonight, I forget they had throwing axes as a stand and shoot reaction. Oops.

Two Gyrocpters seem like a good one two punch. I forget gyros cannot fight, even if they have the advantage of hatred. They can spray steam on blocks, march block, and run down fleeing units.

The Rune of Passage is there since I had ten points to spend and had nothing better to spend it on.

• Like 2