Possible Rose City Lists

Time to give the Skaven a break and possibly bring them back for the OFCC.  In the mean time, I'm working on two 2500 point lists for Jeremy's upcoming event.

Beastmen (Required Painting: Rambull, 3 Shaman, 20-ish ungor)

Doombull (General) - Gnarled Hide, Sword of Swift-Slaying, Dawnstone, Ramhorn Helm, Shield

Doombull - Magic Carpet, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Great Weapon

Great Bray Shaman - Talisman of Endurance, Fencer's Blades, Jagged Dagger, Level 4, Beasts/Death/Undeath

Wargor - BSB, Beast Banner, Heavy Armor, Shield

Bray Shaman - Herdstone, Shadow

Bray Shaman - Chalice of Dark Rain, Shadow

Bray Shaman - Dispel Scroll, Shadow

50 Gors - Extra Hand Weapons, Full Command

31 Ungors - Full Command

5 Raiders

5 Raiders

Razorgor Chariot

Razorgor

Razorgor

Razorgor (or 5 harpies)

2499 points, 15.4 on comp (13 with lore of undeath)

Daemons (Required Paining: Lord of Change, Soulgrinder, Herald of Tzeentch)

Lord of Change - Exalted Gift, Lesser Gift, Level 4, Tzeentch

Herald of Nurgle - BSB, Greater Gift, Greater Locus

Herald of Tzeentch - Disk, Metal

Herald of Tzeentch - Disk, Metal

30 Plaguebearers - Full Command, Standard of Discipline

20 Plaguebearers - Full Command

4 Beasts of Nurgle

Beast of Nurgle

Beast of Nurgle

6 Furies of Nurgle

Soulgrinder of Nurgle - Phlegm Bombardment

2489 points, 8.1 comp

Both are a bit meaner than what I normally run, but the soft beast list I could do would get wrecked in a hurry and the daemon list I would run has WAY too much for me to paint before the event.  Both will get some play-testing, but I think beasts will come out on top.  Thoughts?

• Like 2

Dumb question: isn't it completely uncomped?

yup... bring undeath!  although that requires a lot more painting :D

im going to bring my typical dwarf list i think.  since i know how to use it at least(unlike my beastmen...)

EDIT: noticed though its 2500.  thats like my favorite point value as well for dwarfs.

nah F it.  im doing something different.  something fun and stupid.  ALL VANGUARD BUGMAN my friends... coming soon to a rose city near you!  ok if we just make this the rose city list, rudra?

2500 Pts - Dwarfs Roster

Total Roster Cost: 2500

Longbeards (40#, 625 pts)
   39 Longbeards, 566 pts = 39 * 14 (base cost 12 + Great Weapon 2) + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 10
      1 Old Guard, 24 pts = (base cost 22 + Great Weapon 2)
      1 Runic Standard, 35 pts = (base cost 0 + Strollaz's Rune 35)

Slayers (30#, 514 pts)
   23 Slayers, 296 pts = 23 * 12 (base cost 12) + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 10
      1 Giant Slayer, 24 pts
      1 Giant Slayer, 24 pts
      1 Giant Slayer, 24 pts
      1 Giant Slayer, 24 pts
      1 Giant Slayer, 24 pts
      1 Giant Slayer, 24 pts
      1 Giant Slayer, 24 pts
      1 Runic Standard, 50 pts = (base cost 0 + Strollaz's Rune 35) + Rune of Sanctuary x1 15

Thane (1#, 171 pts)
   1 Thane, 96 pts = (base cost 65 + Battle Standard Bearer 25 + Great Weapon 6)
      1 Runic Armour, 75 pts = (base cost 0 + Master Rune of Gromril 30) + Rune of Iron x2 45

Runesmith (1#, 113 pts)
   1 Runesmith, 63 pts = (base cost 60 + Shield 3)
      1 Runic Armour, 5 pts = (base cost 0 + Rune of Stone 5)
      1 Runic Talisman, 45 pts + Rune of Spellbreaking x2 45

Gyrocopter (3#, 260 pts)
   1 Gyrocopter, 100 pts = (base cost 80 + Vanguard 20)
   1 Gyrocopter, 80 pts
   1 Gyrocopter, 80 pts

Lord (1#, 308 pts)
   1 Lord, 188 pts = (base cost 145 + Shield 3 + Shieldbearers 40)
      1 Runic Weapon, 55 pts = (base cost 0 + Master Rune of Snorri Spangelhelm 25 + Rune of Speed x1 5) + Rune of Might x1 25
      1 Runic Armour, 20 pts + Rune of Iron x1 20
      1 Runic Talisman, 45 pts + Rune of Warding x3 45

Josef Bugman (1#, 165 pts)
   1 Josef Bugman, 165 pts

Bugman's Rangers (18#, 344 pts)
   18 ~[(^One or more selected options present a potential usage conflict]×~[(#]Bugman's Rangers, 344 pts = 18 * 18 (base cost 14 + Bugman's Rangers 3 + Shield 1) + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 10

^^army builder is stupid.  thats correct

People seem to like beasts more.

John, good to see your spirits are still high, hope the kids are doing alright.

bro you should totally do a shaven beastmen army. you could totally use beastmen heads and marauder bodies and paint their nipples blue. You can call them 'beastly men' or 'Bearmen of UrsLOL'

Bro.... this would be legend..dary...

bro you should totally do a shaven beastmen army. you could totally use beastmen heads and marauder bodies and paint their nipples blue. You can call them 'beastly men' or 'Bearmen of UrsLOL'

Bro.... this would be legend..dary...

lol second thread with sylvos and shaved models ideas.  did you get waxed today or something sylvos?  feeling the fresh air between your legs?

maybe someone should do shaved ogres......

Looks like I will have to start work on a 2nd nurgle doombull. 

im getting a second doombull soon from scibor(also can be a daemon prince...).  i also have an undeath list that is similar to yours except im not going shadow heavy.  ill be doing a bit of pew pew with hagtree shenanigans.  a more intense version of what i brought to the rampage... ill post it when i get home

If you are spend your game running towards my herdstone to hellheart it then you've earned it.  Have fun running across the board while I wreck everything else in the army!

That's the point of the combo. Runemaw to negate the spells being cast on the unit carrying the hellheart. It's just a delivery system is all. There's still ironblasters to shoot at them.

The only point I was really trying to make is that herdstone crowding is the perfect target for hellheart and the runemaw should keep the unit transporting the firebelly with the hellheart safe from the majority of magic cast at it.

We all know nothing is fullproof.

If you are spend your game running towards my herdstone to hellheart it then you've earned it.  Have fun running across the board while I wreck everything else in the army!

I can speak to this from experience. If you want to Death snipe the ogres with all those neat extra dice, then then you are close enough for the hear to get you. Ask Sylvos.