Codex: Khornekin

pretre

I can work with that...And so can you.  Nurgle and Slaanesh are friends.  VD Army FTW!  

I definitely want to run Nurgle/Slaanesh at some point. Literal STDs from Hell!

Right now I've got a ton of new Nurgle stuff that I'm working on, tho, so Nurgle's what I'm more excited about at the moment. If the Khornedex had dropped last year, I would have been all over it, because it would have been perfect for my last OFCC list.

• Like 1

Got my white dwarf... so good , theres a boon of khorne rule for a formation called the slaughtercult - when you pay the tithe they give you two results from the table instead of one , then you pick what one you want. 

You must use points correctly... so if you you gain 6 points and a herald costs 4 - you will loose your remaining points. no stacking...makes the 8 point bloodthirster harder to summon. 8 is the max points that can be held. 

only the classic bloodthirster build (normal demon codex one or unfettered fury in this book) can be summoned by tithe rules. 
demonic rewards are the normal codex demon rewards.

The main rule of the codex is "Blood for the blood good":

You get "blood points for every unit you destroy and for every unit you are destroyed. Carachters slained in challenges generate blood points as well.

At the beginning of your turn you can spend those blood points (effects lasts till the beginning of your next turn)

1 Adamantium will

2 Rage + Furious Charge

3 Feel no pain

4 +1A

5 Summon 8 bloodletters of 5 Flesh hounds

6 Summon 3 Bloodcrushers or one Skull cannon

7 One carácter becomes a Demon Prince (LD test, if failed becomes a Spawn instead)

8 One character becomes a Bloodthirster (Same as above)

Once you spend a blood points you loose them all. For example if you have 5 and spend 4 for Feel No Pain, the left point is lost.

Artefacts are:

One Axe that you have to count the wounds infflicted with it:
1-2 +1S
3-4 Rampage
5-7 Sx2
8+ Instant Death
Effects are acumulative

One armour that gives you 3+, Feel no Pain and Eternal warrior

One Rune that gives bearer adamantium will, and you can explode it. If so, till your next turn, in a 24" bubble, all pyshic test get perils with any doublé

One Sword that gives you a blood point for every wound

One helmet that gives you fear and any 6 to hit generates an additional attack

One Axe that when bearer dies becomes a Bloodthirster but and the end your turn loses D3 wounds (Only inv saves allowed)
*Axes are AP2 and Unwieldy +1S, the Sword is AP3

There is Detachment similar to the Decurion: The Blood host

Mandatory: Slaughter cult (1 HQ, 2-8 Bezerkers, Bloodletters or Chaos Space Marines in any combination), 1-4 Possessed, 0-2 Spawn units, 0-2 Cultivists

Benefits: Reroll Warlord trait and generates 1 Blood point every turn. When spending blood points you can for free get another bonus with less value than the first one.

Lord of Slaughter: 1 BT

Brazen Onslaught: 1-4 units of Termis, 2-4 units of Bloodcrushers (+1A in CaC if opponent has more models in that combat)

Khorne Bloodstorm: 2-4 units of Raptors, 1-4 units of Warp Talons, 0-1 Helldrake (+1S of HoW attacks)

Gorepack: 2-4 Chaos Bikers, 1-4 Fleshhounds (Fleshhouds get HoW, and Bikers reroll to wound their HoW attacks

Charnel Cohort: 1 HQ (not a BT), 2-8 Bloodletters, 1-4 Fleshhounds, 1-4 Bloodcrushers, 0-4 Skull Cannon (Fear tests with -2LD, if HQ is in reserves may reroll to enter the battle. Other units do not scatter if enter reserves at 6" of the HQ

The main rule of the codex is "Blood for the blood good":

You get "blood points for every unit you destroy and for every unit you are destroyed. Carachters slained in challenges generate blood points as well.

At the beginning of your turn you can spend those blood points (effects lasts till the beginning of your next turn)

1 Adamantium will

2 Rage + Furious Charge

3 Feel no pain

4 +1A

5 Summon 8 bloodletters of 5 Flesh hounds

6 Summon 3 Bloodcrushers or one Skull cannon

7 One carácter becomes a Demon Prince (LD test, if failed becomes a Spawn instead)

8 One carácter becomes a Bloodthirster (Same as above)

Once you spend a blood points you loose them all. For example if you have 5 and spend 4 for Feel No Pain, the left point is lost.

Addendum: Summoned units don't dissapear unless destroyed

Karn is NOT in the codex but Bezerkers are.

Artefacts are:

One Axe that you have to count the wounds infflicted with it:
1-2 +1S
3-4 Rampage
5-7 Sx2
8+ Instant Death
Effects are acumulative

One armour that gives you 3+, Feel no Pain and Eternal warrior

One Rune that gives bearer adamantium will, and you can explode it. If so, till your next turn, in a 24" bubble, all pyshic test get perils with any doublé

One Sword that gives you a blood point for every wound

One helmet that gives you fear and any 6 to hit generates an additional attack

One Axe that when bearer dies becomes a Bloodthirster but and the end your turn loses D3 wounds (Only inv saves allowed)

Addendums:
Axes are AP2 and Unwieldy +1S, the Sword is AP3

Bloodthirsters can not take these options.

Limit one Artefact per model.

Daemon Princes can take Artefacts.

Is it only units in the Khorne Daemonkin detachment that generate points when they die, or is it any unit in the controlling player's army?

Only the Demonkin units

Juggernauts for Zerkers?

Seriuosly? They can't.

There is Detachment similar to the Decurion: The Blood host

Mandatory: Slaughter cult (1 HQ, 2-8 Bezerkers, Bloodletters or Chaos Space Marines in any combination), 1-4 Possessed, 0-2 Spawn units, 0-2 Cultits

Benefits: Reroll Warlord trait and generates 1 Blood point every turn. When spending blood points you can for free get another bonus with less value than the first one.

Then optional:

Lord of Slaughter: 1 BT

Brazen Onslaught: 1-4 units of Termis, 2-4 units of Bloodcrushers (+1A in CaC if opponent has more models in that combat)

Khorne Bloodstorm: 2-4 units of Raptors, 1-4 units of Warp Talons, 0-1 Helldrake (+1S of HoW attacks)

Gorepack: 2-4 Chaos Bikers, 1-4 Fleshhounds (Fleshhouds get HoW, and Bikers reroll to wound their HoW attacks

Charnel Cohort: 1 HQ (not a BT), 2-8 Bloodletters, 1-4 Fleshhounds, 1-4 Bloodcrushers, 0-4 Skull Cannon (Fear tests with -2LD, if HQ is in reserves may reroll to enter the battle. Other units do not scatter if enter reserves at 6" of the HQ

Warlod traits

1. Warlord and all units at 12" reroll distance to assault

2. Warlord has Zealot

3. Warlord gets +1A

4. After killing and enemy carácter in a challenge, you get 2 Blood points instead of only 1.

5. Warlord gets preferred enemy

6. Warlord automatically passes the LD test if he is chosen for the 7. and 8. of the Blood points table. (Becoming a Daemon Prince or a BT)

RE: Rules changes

Lords of Skulls same

Bloodcrushers same

No modified FOC

Bezerker Champion and Aspiring champions have Access to the Axe of Khorne.

Spawns, possesed and helbrutes are all the same. Only thing is that they all have Mark of Khorne. Fiends are Daemons of Khorne.

There are no rewards for Daemons.

Termis in the codex do have the Mark of Khorne. That's all. The rest of the unit entry is the same.

[Daemons] have access to the loci.

[The Mark of Khorne is] in the point cost, but is not for free. For example a CSM is 15 points

RE: What's in the codex:

Units in the codex are:

HQ: Chaos Lord, Daemon Prince, Herald, Blood Throne, Skulltaker, 3x BT
    Troops: Chaos cultists, CSM, Zerkers, Bloodletters
    Elite: Possessed, Chaos Termis, Bloodcrushers
    FA: Spawns, Rhino, Bikerts, Flesh hounds, Raptors, Talons, Heldrake
    HS: Land Raider, Fiends, Defiler, Soul Grinder, Helbrute, Skull cannon
    LoW: Lord of Skulls

Zerkers and CSM can take Rhinos

RE: What's different about this versus running a MoK CSM Army allied with Daemons:

The differences are The blood points mechanic and new Artefacts. By the way, I cannot see any rule preventing Daemons IC joining non-Daemon units. The BT are unique as well. The one with the two handed axe attacks with D Strength but at I 1.

Addendum: All daemon units have Fearless, instead of Instability.

So can you confirm that daemonic characters can join non daemonic unis (and vice versa) and whether they benefit from locus and other such rules.

Yes to both.

RE: Heralds in HQ slots:

Only one per HQ option

Looks like the Aspiring Champions having access to the Axe of Khorne is a pretty solid fact:

If it's like the Decurion and you can take the little Formations on their own, I could totally go for slotting a Gorepack into a few of my Armies. Not seeing a whole lot else here that I'm really excited about, but then, Khorne isn't really my guy.

Also, it kind of amuses me that spending Slaanesh's sacred number worth of Blood Points gives you the worst Summons ;)