Codex: Khornekin

pretre

None of those models in khornekin are psykers are they?

You flirt with death!? Khorne does not have puny Psyker crutches with which they depend on! They use the strength of their arm and the roar of their chainaxes to get it done. Blood for the Blood God. SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE!!!!!!

Short answer, no. No psykers in Khorne Daemonkin.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw the restrictions in the Artifact section and it kind of threw me off.  It seemed weird to me that the Prince could ONLY take the Armor and not have any access to different weapons.  Looking at his profile, I saw it says "May take any items" in his Options.  I flipped over to the Chaos lord and saw "May only take items from" in his options.  That's when I posted the question.  Looking at the Chaos Lord entry again, it has "May take any items" in it's Power Armor Options, but says "May only take items from" in the Termie Lord Options.

It says the DP "May take any items from the Gifts of Khorne and/or Artefacts of Slaughter lists." So you can have multiple things, but only one of them can come from the Artefacts of Slaughter, because of the restriction in that list. The rest would be Gifts of Khorne and/or its unique upgrades listed below that. He does come with a CCW stock, so he can swap that for one of the Weapons in the AoS list instead of just picking one of the first three that don't replace a Weapon.

The different wording on the Chaos Lord when he has Terminator Armour is to emphasize that he can't take options from the Ranged and Melee Weapons Lists while in Terminator Armour.

• Like 1

Completely makes sense.  I didn't notice that I was only reading the Termie Lord part of the entry when I asked, and hadn't bothered looking at the Heralds to see how they are worded.  The Termie Lord is the only one worded different.  I thought there was some contention over one of the Chaos or Eldar supplements and multiple Artifacts on a single model being legal or not.  Honestly, I was hoping I could have a Wingless Prince with the EW Armor and the Sword of Blood Tithing, so reading it in a way to support being able to do that isn't out of the question ;)  High hopes and all.  

Without doing actual inventory, I think I can muster:

Slaughtercult 
1 HQ (Prince)
1-2 CSM
1 Zerkers
1 Possessed
2 Cultists

Khorne's Bloodstorm (+1S HoW/Vector Strike)
2 Raptors
1 Warp Talons
1 Heldrake 

Brazen Onslaught (+1A if outnumbered in CC)
1-4 Termies
1 Bloodcrushers (Would need another unit to be able to take this formation)

My Heldrake might be, along with a third of my collection not accounted for above, are still in KY.  I know my bits boxes and numerous sprues are.  Dammit, just remembered most of my cultists are, too.  Well, crap.  I guess I should do inventory before list building anymore.  

I have been building my Bloodcrushers as Juggy Marines (TWC).  I'm considering replacing the riders torsos with Chaos Warrior torsos with no armor.  I'm still heavily contemplating getting N'gash and using him as a Bloodthirster.  Far more thematic with the rest of the army.  

I thought there was some contention over one of the Chaos or Eldar supplements and multiple Artifacts on a single model being legal or not.

There is. A number of the Supplements don't mention any sort of restriction, even if their parent Dexes do, and some of the main Dexes (including CSM) are less clear on the matter than would be ideal. I'm running a Wolf Lord with three Relics in my OFCC list, because the Champions of Fenris supplement doesn't have a limit like that, and the Armour of Asvald Stormwrack really sucks with any weapon option besides the Relic Wolf Claws from there.

I think the Black Legion supplement actually takes it even farther, not even having the bit about Relic Weapons replacing an existing Weapon, so the Spineshiver Sword from there is (I think) the only way to get the extra Attack for two CCWs on a Daemon Prince.

• Like 1