Live blogging from Firestorm Adepticon

Stoobert

Hey guys doing this from my phone cause hotel internet sucks. Got to keep it brief. Terrain placement is good at 25%. A turnout of about 24 people. First round against a Hawker I won 22 to -5. It was close at first but then I pulled a cruiser into a planet and started rolling crazy good. It was downhill from there, only his battleship escaped. I lost most of my frigates (typical) and only a single cruiser. I kinda wanna put the Sulan cruiser on a tshirt. ????

Missions are interesting and 3 objectives generate up to 13 additional BL. There is one other Tarakian player but interestingly no Aquans. More reports to follow. Games against this tournament player went a lot faster. We finished 45 minutes early out of a 2 1/2 hour round.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Okay round two. Against another Tarakian I won 26 to -5. It's funny to complely ignore each others shields and terrain. I used minefields to neuter a frigate squad round 1 and pressed the attack on his Sulan. By round three the outcome was clear but his sturdy battleship lasted until round six before the Sulans hunted it down like Orcas hunt whales. Lost my frigates and two cruisers. Battleship minor damage.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well I won my third round thanks to a good match up for me, playing Terran and ignoring their shields felt a little unfair. 25 to -3. A real fun guy and some incredible rolling on both of our parts made this a fun game. Despite being against all odds his admiral survive the game. Pictures attached. I lost an entire squad of Sulan this round and the other was heavily damaged. I split my fleet playing aggressively and those cruiser just aren't that sturdy on their own. I think I'm going to the top table for the fourth and final round!

Ok final game was epic! Battle log alone was four versus zero, a statistical draw. Objectives are what won my opponent the game 15 to 0. He was a solid player with good decisions. Having never played Work Raptor before I did as well as I felt I could. Overall came in 3rd at 3-1. Also won best sportsman! Thanks Evolution Games crew from Lansing who are basically the reason the tourney happened.

PS for those that don't know Firestorm is scored on a scale of -15 to +15, so 15-0 is decisive but not a blowout.

• Like 3