Beastmen 2.0

That's a lot of talk for a man who needs warriors of chaos in his beastmen army to win games!

lol yeeeea i won a SINGLE game with regular beastmen.  i was tabled more with beasts in 2-3 months than i had my total time playing dwarfs lol.  i do think that having 50% lords helps a TON now.  having access to 2 bulls and a great bray should help the army a lot.  if only marks were allowed i think beasts rise a lot.

and im going to beat you with dwarfs.... SOMEDAY!!!

Well, I didn't get any painting done, but I put down the security deposit on a new townhouse.  I figure that is a good enough use of my time. 

I tried out lore of beasts against KJTW's ogres, and it went pretty well.  I'm not sure if I will go death or beasts for wrath...they both work really well with this army.

• Like 1

The boys continue to be a powerhouse force, bringing down don'tpanic's dwarfs this Sunday.  Lore of beasts was minimally effective in this game, and I spent most of my dice on miasma.  Between shooting, moving, and fighting, there were a ton of targets that needed to be debuffed. 

Tomorrow I'll play Exile and his high elves, see how well the list holds up against something faster than what I'm used to fighting.

• Like 1

i was pretty satisfied with how the dwarfs held up.  did about all i could, tbh.  think the only real mistake i made was slayer deployment... again.  probably should just put vanguard on them like i usually do.  your beast list is as solid as i thought it was.  you'll use the beast magic more against other armies.  pondering switching my list up after that game... 'sigh' it just doesnt cut it against strong characters backed by hordes for static.  and im thinking ill see a lot of that at RCW.  but rolling that terribly with organ guns shouldnt happen that often.  copters did well as usual.  i generally like to take 4 but just couldnt fit it in that list.  sorry just rambled lol.  good game though.  enjoy playing your beasts.  so the trend of you always winning with beasts and always losing with skaven against me continues.  bizarre lol.

And Exile gives me my first solid loss!

The fly bull needs to be kept on a lease, he fails frenzy rolls all the time and then I suffer for it massively.  The rambull did great, killing all the characters in his silverhelm bus and then most of the unit.  Sadly, they rallied an inch from the board edge on double ones.  Then I forgot that in my OFCC build I have the other trickster's shard on my shaman, so I didn't make his pheonix gaurd reroll their wards saves giving them an easy victory over my gor.   Magic was in my favor, so I can't complain about that. 

Good game to you, I tip my hat.

• Like 2

Well, the lore I take on my level four seems to be less important than having three castings of miasma.  That means....it's time for the lore of the wild!

It might suck, but who cares?  Everything is worth trying out, and I like the idea of summoning monsters.   Brings my wrath list up to a 12.1, and OFCC list to a 15.3

• Like 1

I don't have the space for it, but someday I'll see how that tactic works out.

I've been thinking about smaller lists, where Beasts tend to suffer more than a lot of armies.  The addition of 50% lords and heroes negates that quite a bit, as a doombull becomes available at very low points.  Still, it's a substantial portion of the army for just one model, which can be risky.  The key seems to be to try and fight fast and hard, so that you can get points out of your opponent quickly and keep them from beating you with magic and shooting.

At 1500 I'm looking at this for a list.

Doombull - Magic Carpet, Gnarled Hide, Dawnstone, Dragonhelm, Heavy Armor, Great Weapon

Wargor - Battle Standard Bearer, Armor of Destiny, Great Weapon

Bray Shaman - Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Lore of the Wild (try to get the 6 spell to summon monsters, very potent at low points)

40 Gors, Extra Hand Weapons

5 Raiders

5 Raiders

Razorgor Chariot

Razorgor Chariot

Razorgor Chariot.

• Like 1

Got in a game with Antanas the Great and his Empire led by non other than the Emporer Karl Franz!   The regular, on-foot Karl, not the god-killing end times Karl.  Beasts pulled out a win, with some fun shenanigans throughout the game.

-Lore of the Wild did decently here.  As usual I was more concerned with getting miasmas off, so I only cast two spells from wild the whole game.  First I summoned a ghorgon which chomped half of his halberds to death over a few turns, then I bray screamed 5 knights out of a block (not bad!).   The big downside for me was that when the ghorgon was summoned, my wizard became a 310 point chunk of meat, incapable of doing anything useful.  I will happily use the lore again, but might wait until later turns to make my casting and dispelling obsolete.

-Doombull on wings fails frenzy test again, charges halberds with one wound left, gets killed.  He did kill a steam tank, so I guess I'll keep him around.

-Rambull wins combat against nearly anything.  Takes a charge from 4 demigryphs, wins combat, then charges them off the board the next turn.

-Gors are still scary, and will decimate a lot of units.

Thanks again for the game, Antanas!

• Like 1

Yeah, thanks for the fun game.  That Gor unit is pretty nasty and I didn't have anything that could have taken it on.  Lore of Fire was pretty useless.  I made a lot of tactical errors as per usual.  Realized after I got home and was randomly reading another section in the BRB FAQ that the Demigryphs could have gotten around the Doombull since they can wheel off the table, just not end their move off (wouldn't have changed much, but I didn't know I could do that!).  I'd like to play them again with the Vamps, probably a better match up.

• Like 2

Ah yes, the off-the-table wheel.  I always forget that it can be done, because to me it makes no sense as a rule haha.  Fair enough though, you could have gotten around, and if I couldn't have gotten him back in front then you could have said bye-bye to my ungor with little difficulty.

I'm still enjoying the beasts a lot.  When they are done after OFCC I will put them away for a bit and either work on my daemons or start an ogre army with as few models as possible (3 Characters, 14 ironguts, 6 mournfang, 3 sabertusks, 3 stonehorns).

• Like 1