Beastmen 2.0

On Sunday I got in a game against Cebo's orcs and goblins.  The game started off well, then in the same turn I sucked my level 4 down the warp and lost my unit of gors with my BSB in combat.  Not a great turn for me!  Luckily my rambull managed to kill off his BSB and level 4, then my flybull kill his general and ran down a unit of black orcs.  After that big swing he only had a unit of big'uns left on the table, and victory went to the beasts.

It was a combination of doombulls, magic, and luck.  The chariot also tore a hole through the center of the board.

Yes.  I brought it back.  /flex

Yeah, I figured. The. Black orcs were steadfast, I assume? The way your summary was written felt like this...

Yeah, a bunch of my stuff dissapeared on turn 1 but my 2 characters beat his army.

S5 attacks(i assume?) and lower are really BAD against a rambull.  rerolling 3+ and creates attacks lol.  doesnt matter he will delete most units in 3-4 combat phases.

but yea im now on the fence about bringing an all slaanesh themed beastmen army to ofcc or taking bugman/lord one-trick-pony list.... the temptation of slaanesh magic with just beastmen is just very hard to resist.

• Like 1

Yeah, I figured. The. Black orcs were steadfast, I assume? The way your summary was written felt like this...

Yeah, a bunch of my stuff dissapeared on turn 1 but my 2 characters beat his army.

Let me specify.

My ungor also beat his goblins in combat and ran them down.  The chariot beat his three trolls after a few rounds, then killed most of his war machines.   The bulls account for his general, black orcs, shaman, BSB, and a rock lobba.  And the black orcs were steadfast, but they failed to roll an 8.

The reason hero hammer works is because the beastmen book has it's best points spent in characters.  Because of this, the adjustment to 50% lords and heroes brings the book up to the level of many others, instead of trailing behind as it did before (at least for me).  Not every army has it's best points in lords/heroes, so I don't feel that a handful of armies being structured this way is true "hero hammer".

Besides, you know it takes more than a few stellar units to win games.  If you can't make every unit in your list useful then a good general will beat you every time.

• Like 3