Raging Heroes Kickstarter

I like the Sisters stuff...both for fantasy and sci-fi. Sort of tempted to get a Sci-Fi group of them to use as allies. Just not sure if I need to spend that much money again so soon. :)

As I said in the Tempting thread, you can get a full sisters army with about 12 command squads from this KS (just troops, specials and sergeants). Runs you about $200. Then you just need vehicles.

I wish their stuff wasn't so preoccupied with being in sexy poses.  :(  

I like the idea of more fightin' ladies out there, but the outfits and poses are just too OTT for my tastes (typically).

They definitely have some suggestive imagery, but a good bit of the range looks pretty much like badass chicks with armor and weapons to me...

E261FC09-76DB-4E9A-934D-4D118ADC05E9_zps

• Like 1

I can't imagine anyone getting turned on looking at the above halberd chicks. Not everything will appeal to all. For me, the human body part "centaurs" are bit too weird for me...but generally speaking, all the stuff posted above is stylistically awesome. Conveying movement and emotion in tiny statues is what I think the art in this hobby is all about...and RH does it better than anyone else I'm seeing out there.

Speaking of sex....I am looking at two sea turtles "enjoying each other's company" at this very moment. They are a lovely couple. They have no weapons or armor (to go with their "amore") or perhaps "ardor" so my interest will wane shortly, however.

• Like 1

Conveying movement and emotion in tiny statues is what I think the art in this hobby is all about...and RH does it better than anyone else I'm seeing out there.

Considering how much respect I have for you as an artist, I take your point.  

It's not that the outfits are sexy (though, some are definitely geared that way), it's just that some of the poses that they are in are just so ludicrous.  I REALLY like the Daughters of the Crucible 

1758599d6dfcdcae38fe58c7de8e5f30_origina

But, again, one is walking like she's on the runway (foot in front of foot?!) and two others have that sexy hip out kinda thing going on.  I wish they were more like the not-Seraphim with guns aimed out and looking deadly.  

Anyway, it's a taste thing.  I prefer YOUR all girls Dark Elves army more than this.  

Considering how much respect I have for you as an artist, I take your point.  

It's not that the outfits are sexy (though, some are definitely geared that way), it's just that some of the poses that they are in are just so ludicrous.  I REALLY like the Daughters of the Crucible 

But, again, one is walking like she's on the runway (foot in front of foot?!) and two others have that sexy hip out kinda thing going on.  I wish they were more like the not-Seraphim with guns aimed out and looking deadly.  

Anyway, it's a taste thing.  I prefer YOUR all girls Dark Elves army more than this.  

Well, thanks for that compliment!  I agree that some of the poses are a bit unnatural...but that's their thing.  I think there is a spectrum that folks can choose how much sexy they want.  I like those Crucible and the Davidians chicks greatly (and I dont play 40k).  

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the Crucible chicks have no 40k analogue and the davidians look to be Repentia. Cool minis; gonna have to pass.

Yeah, the crucible ladies have no direct analogue, but I'm thinking perhaps as Inquisitorial retinue acolytes (terrible unit) they could be made to work.  But, then you run into the issue with the Davidian/Repentia, the models are cool, but the rules SUCK, so why bother other than just style?  If I was able to paint even HALF as good as LoF it would be worth it to me for the visual appeal, but I just can't paint to save my life, so I gotta stick with armies that play well.   :blush:

Well, thanks for that compliment!  

You are, in my opinion, the best modeler I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.  Honestly, I haven't seen many pictures of models that I think are more impressive than your stuff.  I love the imaginative things like your bike-rider flagellants as well as the crazy detail work you do (freaking skulls on every cloak!).  As well, your terrain piece you brought with the water features.  Geez.  All that stuff I can still see in my mind if I close my eyes and I haven't played a game against you since 2008 OFCC (hot steam tank on steam tank action!).  

• Like 1

Ugh, just found out the shipping may kill even my limited designs on this. People are saying $20-30 at the least. So if I buy 2 minis for like $50, I still pay $20.

That's why I plan to buy a whole bunch at once

I have purchased a few at a time from RH and the shipping wasn't any more than other Euro area manufacturers.

• Like 1

You are, in my opinion, the best modeler I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.  Honestly, I haven't seen many pictures of models that I think are more impressive than your stuff.  I love the imaginative things like your bike-rider flagellants as well as the crazy detail work you do (freaking skulls on every cloak!).  As well, your terrain piece you brought with the water features.  Geez.  All that stuff I can still see in my mind if I close my eyes and I haven't played a game against you since 2008 OFCC (hot steam tank on steam tank action!).

We need to play at OFCC then...if you are attending. Perhaps we play doubles Friday night? 5,000 points of Empire, perhaps?

• Like 1