ITC ruling poll is up!

von hammer

How would you like to see Come the Apocalypse Allies handled for the ITC 2015 season?

This was probably the most contentious issue and the one that will make the most waves. However, it is important to address these issues fairly. I have been quite vocal about my position on this topic: I do not like Come the Apocalypse Allies at all, it really kills the immersion of the game for me. Some of the combos aren’t so bad, such as  Knight in a Chaos army for example, or Astra Militarum with Nids to make a Genestealer Cult. However, for every 1 cool combo you see like that on the table, we get many more where it is 3 Flyrants slapped in an Eldar list, or something similar. It turns out, most of the gamers in the ITC community also dislike CtA allies.

How-to-handle-CtA-allies.png

I also compiled the data in a different way, to show general attitudes towards CtA allies as of the 5 questions, 3 of them were generally negative towards CtA allies. When you view the data this way, it becomes even more clear that most gamers do not enjoy CtA allies in their events. While I truly do empathize with those who have modeled up cool armies that utilize CtA allies, I have to say on a personal level I am pleased with the result of this poll. Will CtA be completely gone from all ITC events this season? No, we will have certain formats at big events like the LVO, where these will be good to go for those who really want to use an army they modeled up. You will not be seeing them in the 40k Championships format events this season, though.

general-attitude-towards-CtA.png

Wow, I completely disagree with his reading of the results.  He is way too biased towards his own opinion.  I see three columns of people saying "CtA is fine, let's restrict it in this way, for the sake of ______."   So, as I read the votes, CtA should be allowed, with restrictions in place.  I support Unbound, and so I take supporting Unbound as supporting CtA, although I personally have no opinion on CtA.

How many detachments do you want to see in the ITC for the 2015 season?

Well, this one was ultra close! It came down to just 7 votes, less than 1% of all the voters! However, in the end, the vote for keeping things as they are won out narrowly. 2 Detachments is the name of the game for this season as it was last season. I was actually really surprised how many people voted for a single Detachment, I didn’t think there’d be more than a handful of them. But, when we exlcude it from the poll, I always get emails asking why it wasn’t an option so I put it back in. Turns out, quite a few people prefer to play 40k in “classic mode.” Also, I honestly didn’t expect 172 people to vote for unlimited Detachments as for me personally, I feel that that is too chaotic. But again, this goes to show that different gamers want different things.

Detachments.png

I read this one as 3 Detachments being what the community voted.  Am I mistaken?  More people voted for 3+ than voted for 2.  More people voted for two than voted for 4+.  

Remember there's three kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies and statistics.

;)

There are a couple ways you could look at this.

More people wanted 3 plus than 2 or less. True

More people wanted 2 than any other number. Also true

Personally, I think he made the right choice. The largest category was 2 detachments. Guessing about what people would have voted if the categories were different, how they would have voted with multiple votes each, wondering how the results would have changed if they voted for the option they liked least or trying to extrapolate anything not specifically laid out in the poll is a losing game.

• Like 1

I think the type of detachment matters more than the number of detachments.

Unlimited allied detachments would not be an issue, I don't think.

Multiple CADs and certain other multiple detachments could create issues.

:|

If Reece keeps pushing things this direction, sooner or later he's gonna end up like INAT.

Well, I think the important distinction is that this is a democracy rather than an oligarchy like INAT. Of course, that runs into all of the problems with trying to run a direct democracy.

Yeah, I disagree with so much of this.  The 2 detachment thing is clearly not what people wanted, and the idea that you can't send out a quick one question poll to clarify that is nonsense, since the first poll was less than a week from publishing to results.  I also think the "no repeat formations" thing doesn't work in Decurion style army books.  It's basically turning those books into quasi highlander

How is it not clear?  The number of people wanting 2 or Less detachments is less than 350.  The number of people wanting more than 2 detachments is pushing 500.  His stance that "More people want 2 detachments" is absolute Fox News.  The Majority WANT the 2 detachment cap removed.  

No. The Majority want 2 detachments. A smaller group wants 3 and another group wants unlimited. You have no way of knowing if the people who wanted unlimited also want 3. For all we know, the people who wanted unlimited are all or nothing.

The poll should have been more explicit.

• Like 1

No it wouldn't make it clear. Because people who want 3,3+, and 1 would all vote no.

They sent out a poll and changed things that were in a clear majority and things that were not clear on the direction. They kept the same.

Seems pretty straight forward, just need them to update the lords of war for demonkin.

No it wouldn't make it clear. Because people who want 3,3+, and 1 would all vote no.

They sent out a poll and changed things that were in a clear majority and things that were not clear on the direction. They kept the same.

Seems pretty straight forward, just need them to update the lords of war for demonkin.

You'll note 'with a followup'

Second question:

Would you be in favor of unlimited detachments with 0-1 for any given type? Yes/No

etc, so on.

Get a clear leader using multiple yes/no questions.

The best way to do these type of questions is have 4 answers and give a points value to each

A) one detachment. 0 points

B) 2 detachments 1 point

C) three detachments 2 points

D) unlimited. 3points

This gives more answers then the one answer or the yes no question.

This is what I was talking about with Ranked Voting. It's just presented a little differently, but it works out the same. It's a pretty good system for handling multiple, not entirely exclusive options, but I think Approval Voting might actually be even better in this situation.

Like the inat? Great inat was one of the best things to happen to 40k.

Yeah, that's why INAT is so common and popular and widely used that-

Oh, wait, what's that? Lots of people hated it and it rolled into a ditch and died because they made a bunch of arbitrary decisions and called them FAQs? And now 90% of players don't even remember what INAT was? I see. That's a very different thing.

If you don't like the rules. Don't go the events.

If you don't like the discussion we're having, don't post to the thread.