ITC ruling poll is up!

von hammer

Yeah, that's why INAT is so common and popular and widely used that-

Oh, wait, what's that? Lots of people hated it and it rolled into a ditch and died because they made a bunch of arbitrary decisions and called them FAQs? And now 90% of players don't even remember what INAT was? I see. That's a very different thing.

Actually, that's not why INAT died. INAT died because Yakface chose not to continue it when 6th hit. Did people not like it? Possibly, but that's not why it died.

• Like 2

If you don't like the rules. Don't go the events.

This is the only effective method of change. The vocal minority can yell themselves hoarse about how brilliant/stupid, bad/good, red/blue the changes are but attendance is the true measure.

Like it, go.

Don't like it, don't go.

Not being snarky or flippant. Both arguments have valid points and concerns.

• Like 1

While I don't agree with everything. I will say at lest they asked. They could have made some odd ruling like with the Tyrannocyte gun ruling. As for  saying people wanted more detachment. If you added them together maybe.  They had 4 options only one can win. it doesn't matter if two are similar to each other. Could the voting format been done better yes. I have never seen a case where it couldn't have been better.

The big thing here is that there was voting allowed. They use a simple way of interpreting it and apply it over all the question.

There are some very smart people that play this game that can and have offered to help them do a better job next time. I hope they take that offer of help..

For now we have a rule set to use. Lets be glad for that and look forward to the year ahead.

• Like 1

I like the ITC for many reasons. Especially as a TO of the Guardian Cup! Held at Guardian Games this May 24-25 Memorial Day weekend just $40 to play!

Er...um...

All the thinking is done for me. I don't have to worry about making controversial decisions.

Frontline gives good support for the ITC events.

It brings people from all over to attend making it more feasible to do larger events.

They have a new scoring software that is very easy to use and implement.

I know the FG guys a bit and trust their thoughts and reasons behind the ITC. They have been very transparent about it trying to make the community bigger and better.

• Like 3

While I like what Frontline is doing wit ITC in general, I do have concerns.  It's not as simple as "don't go to the event" because Frontline is actively soliciting events to adopt their ITC format and in essence create a monopoly over how events are run.  When that happens  - when their goal is to homogenize the community - I think they need to spend more time in accurately evaluating what the community wants.  These polls need to be worked on for a long time in advance and vetted.  This felt rushed and now we're told there isn't time to correct what are obvious problems in the polling method.  

• Like 1

Actually, that's not why INAT died. INAT died because Yakface chose not to continue it when 6th hit. Did people not like it? Possibly, but that's not why it died.

That may have been why Yakface decided to discontinue supporting it, but disinterest and dislike from the community is why INAT never had any sort of widespread support from tournament players- and a format with no support is as good as dead.

To be fair, I don't believe the poll was ever intended to be a vote. My democracy comments earlier were just me being silly. They make the ultimate decision. They just wanted to know what folks thought before they did so.

Reece does often portray it as a vote, though, and frame things in the "well this is what the community decided so I have no choice in the matter" fashion. I agree that it isn't- and shouldn't be- a matter of democracy, but he often tries to pass his decisions off as being the community's choice, which is a bit dishonest.

Reece does often portray it as a vote, though, and frame things in the "well this is what the community decided so I have no choice in the matter" fashion. I agree that it isn't- and shouldn't be- a matter of democracy, but he often tries to pass his decisions off as being the community's choice, which is a bit dishonest.

Not a "bit" dishonest, that is dishonest (or, instead, self delusion if he truly believes his words to be genuine).

This is the only effective method of change. The vocal minority can yell themselves hoarse about how brilliant/stupid, bad/good, red/blue the changes are but attendance is the true measure.

Like it, go.

Don't like it, don't go.

Not being snarky or flippant. Both arguments have valid points and concerns.

Are we talking about OFCC?

• Like 3

hmmm not what I was told on tuesday by the Hog when I asked the question regarding ranged D.  

- although - I will double check with him next week to be sure… maybe their was confusion about what I was playing (although I was on a team last year … and never been in the open in the past).

-d

last year a guy (maybe more than one person) had an Aquilla Strongpoint with the vortex missles… looked like fun lol.  I had plans to have it in my carnival theme - but thats out.  So - I will think about how much work I want to do (vs. how much time I have to do it.)  At this point a slightly re-tooled wraithwall from last year may be my leading option.  

I don't have a lynx… but they look nice :).  

I get the reasons for no ranged D… I am ok with the ruling - I was just basing my ideas off last year.  - and with limited time till OFCC this year (mid july is less than 4 months away)… I am not sure I can pull off other options effectively to my standards.  As much as I would like to do harlequins… maybe better off not trying to rush it.

-d