nate's turn to the dark side.... the purple people eaters

I actually got in an argument with Ms. Maples once on coolmini. She seems to think artists should be paid mountains of money. I actually own some of her work and disagreed with her. I told her its supply and demand.

She also doesn't understand that if you pick obscure models people wont throw money at you just because you painted it.

I definitely meant more her...personal life philosophies, but I could see those bleeding into her professional life.  Still a helluva painter though.

it was AWESOME.  have to say was probably my favorite event based on the regiments of reknown and scenerio cards.  that was just flipping fun. ran off 2 chaos lords with that regiment of reknown.... i went 3-1-1.  faced 2 canadians and 3 seattle guys.  as i thought, my list was NOT dirty in comparison to the others lol.  first game was against legions and he had archaon, chaos lord with hellfire sword, THE bsb, some warriors, furies... cant remember the rest but there wasnt many bodies lol.  i nate rolled my slaanesh spells. 1,2,3,4,5... no choir.  lost acquiensce on a 2 dice miscast first turn.  so yup, archaon went to town on me lol.  got a 6-14 that turned into a 11-14 after scenerio points.  ill take it lol.  he finished 2nd i think....  beautiful army.   2nd game was me and aidan again.  that game was weird back and forth.  he brought the sisters of twilight.  im glad someone brought them cause if i played woodies(HA like i would...) id bring those girls.  got bull into them, they fled and overran into lvl4 life tree.  killed the tree.  then kept battling against the girls(even with 10 attacks i couldnt kill them both).  chimera played with some wild riders.  he was being a good bird until he got them down to one dude and whiffed.  got ran down by a single, non frenzied wild rider LOL.  daemon prince was really good at being a pain that game.  we ended up with a draw with very few kills on both sides.  he got festus too(festus just basically decided to die this entire tournament.. from everything lol).  good game really,

3rd game was against paul.  now this was MY lucky game.  battle for the pass.  he hex scrolled my daemon prince and he frogged.  in front of 2 skink units..... lived somehow thanks to some cover by the bridge mostly.  he came back to his less froggy self next turn or its a totally different game. basilisk and a salamander played with the gor.  that basilisk is nasty... beat it but it took a charge from a chariot really to finish it and he knocked my gor down to like 15 dudes in the end.  he had life and death slaans.  got into slaan bsb unit i think with 3 krox and skinks with the big hitters.  chimera charged the flank as well.  chimera took a charge to the flank from a steg with 1 wound left and LIVED.  the chimera overachieving blew my mind.... but yea he got the bsb with purple shenanigans and thats pretty much how it ended.  14-6 to me but he panicd my regiment away with salamander so he got the objective so 14-11.  crazy game... think thats the only time the chaos table did damage as well. 

4th game was against dark elves.  jordan(from canada) filled in for someone that had to leave.  this started off with some fortune for me but went quickly downhill.  he chopped me real good.  got a chariot into 10 witches.  killed them down to 2 ... yea that was pretty fortunate for me lol. they ran but didnt catch and chariot died next round.  i was fine with that lol.  what was stupid was other things like miscasting on a few dice again and daemon prince failing his charm shield, failing armor and ward to take a wound against himself.  then he got hit by a bolt and went down.  chimera failed 3 charges... as he usually does.  gor got flanked by a master and 5 dark riders.  i wasnt too scared about it when i reformed.  so i did 28 attacks with primal fury rerolls.  1 poison 4 hits... yup.  he laughed at that as did i(me a little disgruntled).  bsb got straight up killed by sisters of slaughter failing his 1+ and 3++ reroll 1s 3 times.  i have talent...  doombull at least killed the hag this time, but didnt kill cauldron so no points there.  got the peg dreadlord, all the bolt throwers(after chimera decided he wanted to stop taking dt in the forest) and some witches i think along with the dark rider unit.  ended up somehow being a 12-8 to me because my doombull got away.. note to self: dont ever charge sisers of slaughter with static res cause apparently that does not work lol.  4++ ward in combat and no rank bonus against them is freaking nasty.  WS6 too so the bull was just terrible against them.  stupid daemon prince.  just needed to get acquiescence or choir on them.  oh well.  that was a learning game.  jordan knew a ton about warriors too so he played me pretty well.  12-8 with some bad fortune and stupid mistakes? ill take it...

5th game.  was against ben?  he was a super good sport(he got best sports or something i think) and nice guy.  i just got all my guys where i wanted to put them.  i think he was rather new to the game so i hope he didnt get too discouraged.  he had a hellcannon and gorebeast chariot left.  i lost 1 lvl1 wizard i think?  yea...  so i got full points.  ended up with 72 i think.  ill take it.  matt p did AWESOME.  he got 80 i believe.  he told me he orbed karl and a dragon during the tournament lol.  epic...

• Like 1

Yeah SPDM6 was a blast.  Ended up with 34 people.  I went 3-1-1 finished 7th overall.  All my games were great but 2 really stand out.  First was my game against Aaron Donna.  Turn 3 he dimensionally cascaded his vampire lord down the hole throwing 2 dice at vanhels dance.  I follwed suit the next turn and dimensionally cascaded my slann down the hole lol.  I ended up with a 19-8 victory as his army crumbled pretty badly.  

The other game that stands out was against Matt Peterson.  We played for the first time at black sheep and had a fantastic game and our game yesterday did not dissapoint.  was a pretty tight game until my slann spirit leached his grey seer and killed him (crazy luck on my part).  His regiment of renown was epic.  They had gotten killing blow at some point in the tournament and killed my old blood cowboy with it.  They might have killed my old blood on a carnosaur with it after the carnosaur was killed.  I cant remember.  I had some epic poison shooting at his abomb.  ancient steg did 4 wounds with its giant blowpipes and skink skirmishers did 1.  Finished it off the next turn with antoher unit of skinks.  ended up a 19-10 in my favor but felt a lot closer than that.  

The Regiment of Renown concept was a ton of fun even though mine didnt get that nasty.  I hope it is reused in other tournaments.

Matt: Shayne got best general and 5th overall.  Sol won best overall