Exorcist

Exorcist

Exorcist

VSG with 2 Extra Shields

CotGW

WGBL with TWM, PF/SS

Servitor

Servitor

So coming back to this... Can this list handle Skitarii drop?

Yeah, I noticed that when I was looking at how to handle the VSG for the Betrayal round. AdMech actually has really terrible options for dealing with Void Shields. I guess they leave that sort of thing to the Titan Legions ;)

So, to answer the question, it really depends on what they bring in the Faction that's supplying the Drop Pods. If those guys don't really have good answers either, all you really need to do is make sure they can't land a Pod inside the Shield and pop the Generator directly.

Yeah, I noticed that when I was looking at how to handle the VSG for the Betrayal round. AdMech actually has really terrible options for dealing with Void Shields. I guess they leave that sort of thing to the Titan Legions ;)

Terrible options for void shields? Maybe if you spam haywire weapons, but they've got more than enough methods to disperse AV 12 void shields. Plus, if in pods, they could just land closer....

Celestine

2 Priests with Litanies and 1 MB

17 Sisters with Melta/melta/MB

5 BSS with MM (On Void)

5 Doms with 4 Melta, Repressor

5 Doms with 4 Melta, Repressor

Exorcist

Exorcist

Exorcist

VSG with 2 Extra Shields

CotGW

WGBL with TWM, PF/SS

Servitor

Servitor

So coming back to this... Can this list handle Skitarii drop?

Well, will you be fine if you lose all the vehicles turn 1? Probably won't be that severe between cover and those faithful shields, but they could get lucky.

And the Void shield generator? That's half the point of it. It protects me from drop haywire and such.

Yeah, including the void shield generator. It's technically a vehicle, after all.

I don't really think that 3 HP of void shields is an adequate defense at the 3k level. (doubles of 1500pts, right?)

Anyway, the only adequate solution to haywire I've found was that 4++ PFG combined with that Schism of Mars Legacy on an AV14 vehicle while spending most of the game out of LOS. Haywire just eats though vehicles too fast (unreasonably fast). Even there, my LR was at half HP by the end of the game.

Yeah, including the void shield generator. It's technically a vehicle, after all.

I don't really think that 3 HP of void shields is an adequate defense at the 3k level. (doubles of 1500pts, right?)

Anyway, the only adequate solution to haywire I've found was that 4++ PFG combined with that Schism of Mars Legacy on an AV14 vehicle while spending most of the game out of LOS. Haywire just eats though vehicles too fast (unreasonably fast). Even there, my LR was at half HP by the end of the game.

Umm. No.

It is 3 1500 point games and one 3000 point game. VSG is immune to haywire and grav and anything that gets special rules against vehicles and buildings. As I posted earlier in the thread.

Umm. No.

It is 3 1500 point games and one 3000 point game. VSG is immune to haywire and grav and anything that gets special rules against vehicles and buildings. As I posted earlier in the thread.

Well, VSG should be fine in games not against admech at 1500pts. Should still have issues at 1500 if they've got a drop or otherwise mobile admech army. Obvious issues against non-nerfed eldar, too.

And I totally do understand the immunity to haywire USR and grav weapons. Admech alone have lots of other solutions to AV, even if they aren't as brutally efficent most of the time. I could list them, if you want, but most of the admech ranged weapons are pretty able to deal with AV12.

And even if they are immune to the haywire rule, the admech arc rifles and heavy arc rifles are S6, so they can potentially destroy the AV12 void shields without using the haywire rule.

Well, VSG should be fine in games not against admech at 1500pts. Should still have issues at 1500 if they've got a drop or otherwise mobile admech army. Obvious issues against non-nerfed eldar, too.

And I totally do understand the immunity to haywire USR and grav weapons. Admech alone have lots of other solutions to AV, even if they aren't as brutally efficent most of the time. I could list them, if you want, but most of the admech ranged weapons are pretty able to deal with AV12.

And even if they are immune to the haywire rule, the admech arc rifles and heavy arc rifles are S6, so they can potentially destroy the AV12 void shields without using the haywire rule.

Potentially, yes. 

Personally, I really like the Torsion Weapons, as they would be brutal against eternal warrior enemies (like Gargantuan creatures or Draigo or Lysander). Those would do fine against the void shields (S8), even if they can only damage one shield per shot.

Personally, I really like the Torsion Weapons, as they would be brutal against eternal warrior enemies (like Gargantuan creatures or Draigo or Lysander). Those would do fine against the void shields (S8), even if they can only damage one shield per shot.

True. I haven't seen people play those yet.