Team N/A's Friday Doubles List Thread - pretre muses on lists

pretre

True. I haven't seen people play those yet.

I don't think they will until GCs become common. Fact of the matter is that with BS3, the breachers aren't really a viable option with the torsion cannons. It's just a matter of 1/2 hitting the target and still doing less average damage to most targets over the longer range, more shots heavy arc rifle. It's one of those things that isn't viable yet, but will be at some point.

Note also that the Void Shields are separate things, not one Shield with multiple "HP", so each Torsion hit is still only dropping one of them, regardless of what you roll on the d3. On average, you need 1200 Points worth of Breachers firing Torsion Cannon at the thing to drop all three Void Shields. Pretty poor return on investment considering you can do the same thing with about 250 Points worth of WolfGuard/SternGuard with Combi-Weapons, or 195 Points worth of Missilesides.

• Like 1

Note also that the Void Shields are separate things, not one Shield with multiple "HP", so each Torsion hit is still only dropping one of them, regardless of what you roll on the d3.

Those would do fine against the void shields (S8), even if they can only damage one shield per shot.

Nobody reads my posts....yet they always respond to them...

I was talking about how the admech don't have to just use haywire weapons to face void shields and then we got side tracked on a weapon that wouldn't be as impaired, even if not the ideal solution.

But seriously, 1200pts? 24 breachers at 50pts each. 1 shot each for 24 breachers. 12 hits at bs3. 6 glances or pens with S8 shooting. Void shields don't get saves. Perhaps you mean 600pts?

The torsion effect has no bearing on void shields, which don't have HP and simply collapse with any glance or pen.

I agree it's a shoddy return. The point would be to punch out the void shields so you could decimate the enemy with actual haywire weapons (or something else). I totally agree that the torsion weapons are not ideal weapons against void shields, they are just more practical than mass haywire weapons.

Yeah, I think I slipped in an extra factor of two. But still, seriously, tell me what CM or Skitarii have that's actually efficient at taking down Void Shields, because I'm not seeing it. Not just things that can theoretically do it if you roll a lot of 6s, but things that can get a decent RoI with average luck.

Yeah, I think I slipped in an extra factor of two. But still, seriously, tell me what CM or Skitarii have that's actually efficient at taking down Void Shields, because I'm not seeing it. Not just things that can theoretically do it if you roll a lot of 6s, but things that can get a decent RoI with average luck.

Mostly, it's the skitarii. They've got those dirt cheap cognis Autocannons and Lascannons in that heavy slot walker. The Neutron laser would work for this too. The plasma weapons, throughout the two books, aren't a half bad for void shields either. The mentioned Torsion weapons. If inside the middle range band, the dunecrawler Eradication Beamer would work too. That transuranic arquebus really only has to roll slightly above average to glance/pen a void shield too.

And then, you could just hope for 6s with your heavy phosphor weapons. Not a great use, but you really don't have much to shoot at if the void shields are still up.

Dunno, seems like most of the units with ranged weapons have ranged options that would work here. The melee units could too, but that doesn't really matter, as once their in melee, the void shield really doesn't do anything...

So here's the 'Eben Goes to Hell' list:

Sororitas Assassination Force (Skyhammer Annihilation Force)

10 Retributors (Devs) with 4 Multi-Meltas and Cherub in Drop Pod - 220

10 Retributors (Devs) with 4 Multi-Meltas and Cherub in Drop Pod - 220

10 Seraphim (Assault Sq) with 2 Double Hand Flamers (2 Flamers) and MB - 185

10 Seraphim (Assault Sq) with 2 Double Hand Flamers (2 Flamers) and MB - 185

Space Wolf CAD

WGBL with Jump Pack, PF/SS - 105

WGBL with Jump Pack, WC/SS - 100

5 GH with Melta and Pack Leader with Combi in Drop Pod- 125

5 GH with Plasma and Pack Leader with Combi in Drop Pod- 138

5 BC with PL and Flamer in Drop Pod - 110

5 BC with PL and Flamer in Drop Pod - 110

• Like 1

On the AdMech vs. Void Shields thing: Kastelans spamming S6 is really expensive. 320 points worth of Kastelans, rocking the "shoot twice" protocol, still only drop 1-2 Void Shields.

Ballistarii are pretty good, tho, only takes ~275 Points worth of them to drop all three Shields (assuming you're cranking up their BS with an Imperative), and they can do it without getting up close like the Drop Units have to.

Snipers come in around 300 Points to drop three Shields, not great, but not terrible.

Huh. Even Plasma actually works out alright, given their ridiculous BS buffs. If you've got Interceptor, go for the Plasma Vanguard, I guess.

On the AdMech vs. Void Shields thing: Kastelans spamming S6 is really expensive. 320 points worth of Kastelans, rocking the "shoot twice" protocol, still only drop 1-2 Void Shields.

Ballistarii are pretty good, tho, only takes ~275 Points worth of them to drop all three Shields (assuming you're cranking up their BS with an Imperative), and they can do it without getting up close like the Drop Units have to.

Snipers come in around 300 Points to drop three Shields, not great, but not terrible.

Huh. Even Plasma actually works out alright, given their ridiculous BS buffs. If you've got Interceptor, go for the Plasma Vanguard, I guess.

I did say that the robot approach wasn't a great use. It's more a, "I've gotta get those shields down so my haywires can do their thing, may as well use these robots which aren't contributing as much as I think the haywire will."

Mwahahaha! I love it. Even tho I would have to play against it ;)

I'm still trying to figure out how to fit it in.

List-wise, I want the Annihilation Force to ally with SOB. It just seems better (unless I get a lot more drop pods).

Model-wise, I definitely want to use it with my SW so I can use SOB models. Oh well, I'll bang out a list Monday and then start working on getting it together.

How about:

Skyhammer Annihilation Force (Space Wolves using SM)

10 Devs with 4 MM and Cherub in Drop Pod- 220

10 Devs with 4 MM and Cherub in Drop Pod- 220

10 Assault Squad with 2 Flamers and MB on Sgt - 185

10 Assault Squad with 2 Flamers and MB on Sgt - 185

Allied Detachment

Celestine - 135

5 BSS in Repressor with F/HF (Reserved) - 150

Retributors with 4 HF - 100

Dominions with 4 Meltas - 105

CotGW Detachment

WGBL with PF/SS and Jump Pack - 105

Servitor (Reserved)

Servitor (Reserved)

Drop Pod (Rets)

Drop Pod (Doms)

I'm kind of limited until I pick up more pods.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

5 is most you need, and do you want to really drop 4 mm? Why not 2 mm 2 ml or las? Can combat squad and keep long range back? I always found 2 mm did enough for me, but if facing a lot of super heavies I can see 4 mm being important.

5 is most you need, and do you want to really drop 4 mm? Why not 2 mm 2 ml or las? Can combat squad and keep long range back? I always found 2 mm did enough for me, but if facing a lot of super heavies I can see 4 mm being important.

Well, you want the 4 MM because they are cheap and super good at under 24". You also want both combat squads with the pod so you can 'pin' 2 units per dev squad. You fire 4 MM at something you want dead, if it survives it is 'pinned' and then 5 Bolters at something you want 'pinned'. :)

Okay, new lists with no character delivery:

SOB Strike Force (Counts as SAF)

10 Devs with 4 MM, Cherub in Drop Pod - 220

10 Assault with 2 Flamers, MB - 185

WGBL on TWM, with WC/SS - 135

3 TWC with Pack Leader WC/SS, SS/CCW

Iron Priest on TW

5 GH with Pack Leader (combi) and Melta in Drop Pod

5 GH with Pack Leader (Combi) and Plasma, 2 CCW in Drop Pod

Deploy the TW Blob in cover or behind LOS Blockers. Drop 1 GH pod and SAF turn 1. Profit.

Or, full reserve:

10 Devs with 4 MM in Drop Pod - 215

10 Devs with 4 MM in Drop Pod - 215

5 Assault with Flamer, MB - 95

CAD

WGBL - WC/SS - 85

10 GH with Pack Leader (Combi), Melta x2, 7 CCW in Drop Pod - 229

10 GH with Pack Leader (Combi), Melta x2, 9 CCW in Drop Pod with Deathwind - 243

9 GH with Pack Leader (Combi), Plasma, 8 CCW, Wolf Standard in Drop Pod with Deathwind - 232

Same idea, but with drop pods instead. 2 GH pods first turn (including the WGBL pod) and the SAF. 

Or Ulrik for PE Goodness

5 Assault with Flamer, MB - 95

CAD

Ulrik - 145

6 GH with Pack Leader (Combi), Melta in Drop Pod with Deathwind - 159

10 GH with Pack Leader (Combi), Melta x2, 9 CCW in Drop Pod with Deathwind - 243

9 GH with Pack Leader (Combi), Plasma, 8 CCW, Wolf Standard in Drop Pod with Deathwind - 232