Team N/A's Friday Doubles List Thread - pretre muses on lists

pretre

I like the idea of the Ulrik one, but think he doesn't really do it for me.

The Big GH one is pretty awesome.

35 "SOB" in the SAF

30 SW in the CAD with 6 Ob-Sec

Deathwind and Flamers for Hordes (not to mention the devs)

Tons of Melta for Knights.

I'm thinking of swapping a Deathwind for MB on the WG in the two melta squads though.

SOB Strike Force (Counts as SAF)

10 Devs with 4 MM in Drop Pod - 215

5 Assault with Flamer, MB - 95

10 Assault with 2 Flamers, MB - 185

CAD

WGBL - WC/SS - 85

10 GH with Pack Leader (Combi/MB), Melta x2, 9 CCW in Drop Pod with Deathwind- 248

10 GH with Pack Leader (Combi/MB), Melta x2, 9 CCW in Drop Pod with Deathwind - 248

9 GH with Pack Leader, 8 CCW, Wolf Standard in Drop Pod with Deathwind - 207

Hrm. Just juggling points around now.

What Chapter Tactic to take for the SAF?

White Scars - Hit and Run. Not bad.

Imperial Fists - Tank Hunter for the Devs. Reroll 1's on Bolters. Not bad.

Black Templars - Crusader, Adamantium Will, potentially CA and Rage.

Raven Guard - Shrouded for the Assault Squad (but they never use it). Reroll HoW. Yuck.

Raptors - Stealth for the first turn (pretty decent). Rending with Bolt Weapons (relentless Devs with Heavy 1 Rending Bolters?)

Red Hunters - Gain Adamantium Will and once per game special rule (skyfire would be hilarious) (Counter-attack • Monster Hunter • Tank Hunters • Hatred • Skyfire • Interceptor)

Star Phantoms - Twinlink practically everything for one turn. 

Minotaurs - +1 to charge in enemy deployment zone (pretty decent) reroll pinning tests.

Fire Hawks - +1 S flamers (for assault squad) on the drop and +1 S HOW (game). Not bad.

SOB Strike Force (Counts as SAF)

5 Assault with Flamer, MB - 95

10 Assault with 2 Flamers, MB - 185

CAD

WGBL - Black Death/SS - 90

10 GH with Pack Leader (Combi/MB), Melta x2, 7 CCW in Drop Pod with Deathwind- 244

10 GH with Pack Leader (Combi/MB), Melta x2, 9 CCW in Drop Pod with Deathwind - 248

9 GH with Pack Leader, 8 CCW, Wolf Standard in Drop Pod with Deathwind - 207

Black Death is unwieldy, but allows me to make up for the missed attacks. Dropped the Plasma on the choppy squad.

What Chapter Tactic to take for the SAF?

White Scars - Hit and Run. Not bad.

Imperial Fists - Tank Hunter for the Devs. Reroll 1's on Bolters. Not bad.

Black Templars - Crusader, Adamantium Will, potentially CA and Rage.

Raven Guard - Shrouded for the Assault Squad (but they never use it). Reroll HoW. Yuck.

Raptors - Stealth for the first turn (pretty decent). Rending with Bolt Weapons (relentless Devs with Heavy 1 Rending Bolters?)

Red Hunters - Gain Adamantium Will and once per game special rule (skyfire would be hilarious) (Counter-attack • Monster Hunter • Tank Hunters • Hatred • Skyfire • Interceptor)

Star Phantoms - Twinlink practically everything for one turn. 

Minotaurs - +1 to charge in enemy deployment zone (pretty decent) reroll pinning tests.

Fire Hawks - +1 S flamers (for assault squad) on the drop and +1 S HOW (game). Not bad.

Hmm.

Currently leaning towards:

Iron Hands

Raptors

Red Hunters

Hmm.

Currently leaning towards:

Iron Hands

Raptors

Red Hunters

Lol, debating those FW chapter tactics? Very doubtfully legal after the new book launches. Would not be surprised if FW updates them with the new codex, though.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Also are you sure new dex is cleared my understanding Joel said all sexes out as of 6/1 for team event. Doubles might face same issue nothing after 6/1.

If he changes team event man I wonder what that would do to my list.

Fw tactics are allowed. Raptor for cool name syndrome

Also are you sure new dex is cleared my understanding Joel said all sexes out as of 6/1 for team event. Doubles might face same issue nothing after 6/1.

If he changes team event man I wonder what that would do to my list.

Fw tactics are allowed. Raptor for cool name syndrome

Oooh, good call. 

Why wouldn't they be legal? They've been legal through 7th and still refer to Codex: Space Marines.

Well, they do include this label:

FORGE WORLD
SPACE MARINE CHAPTER TACTICS
FOR SIXTH EDITION WARHAMMER 40,000
Presented here is a brief set of conversion guidelines intended to represent the Chapter Tactics of the various Space Marine
Chapters featured in Forge World’s Imperial Armour books for use in games of 6th
edition Warhammer 40,000.

It was a small stretch to use the obviously 6th ed rules with 7th because the SM codex was from 6th. It becomes a bigger stretch when it's clearly not meant for this edition of 40k and the SM codex is also not from 6th.

Anyway, I would not be surprised if FW updates the list in the near future. Hopefully they'll remove references to Panic tests and such....

If it was good enough for 7th and C:SM, it's good enough for 7th and C:SM. FW has always been behind the times.

It was good enough for 7th ed. and the 6th ed C:SM. It is a stretch to say it has place with 7th ed and the 7th C:SM.

Anyway, I love the chapter diversity, but the FW chapter tactics are going to need an update or ITC format exception to be legal. It would be like showing up with the Witch Hunters codex (Since GW hasn't replaced it).

Not entirely sure on the viability of the WH codex in 7th, but it was an example.

It was good enough for 7th ed. and the 6th ed C:SM. It is a stretch to say it has place with 7th ed and the 7th C:SM.

Anyway, I love the chapter diversity, but the FW chapter tactics are going to need an update or ITC format exception to be legal. It would be like showing up with the Witch Hunters codex (Since GW hasn't replaced it).

Not entirely sure on the viability of the WH codex in 7th, but it was an example.

Witch Hunters was replaced by the WD SOB and C:Inq. Then WD SOB was replaced by C:AS.

It is no different than any of the dozen other FW books that are still allowed right now.

Witch Hunters was replaced by the WD SOB and C:Inq. Then WD SOB was replaced by C:AS.

Does it say this somewhere? Or are we just to assume? I'll just call the official 40k historian...

I mean, if dated rules are legal, despite being clearly marked for previous editions of 40k, then why are other dated rules not legal?

I don't understand how you can allow some though without allowing everything? I'm not really talking about the WH in particular.

Plasma Oblit

Rune Priest with Helm

5 GH with Melta and Combi/MB in Drop Pod

5 GH with Melta, 3 CCW and Combi/MB in Drop Pod

5 GH with Plasam, 4 CCW and Combi/MB in Drop Pod

5 BC with Flamer in Drop Pod with Deathwind

5 Long fangs with 2 ML and Lascannon

Iron Priest with TWM

3 TWC with WC/SS, BP/CCW and SS/CCW

Coteaz

I think Bryan is actually the one to ask about the Doubles event.

I would note that Nid Players were using 3rd Ed Rules for some of the stuff in IA4 up until less than a year ago, and everyone was OK with that.

my understanding Joel said all sexes out as of 6/1 for team event. Doubles might face same issue nothing after 6/1.

We're getting new genders soon? Sweet, the binary was getting totally boring!

Plasma Oblit

Rune Priest with Helm

5 GH with Melta and Combi/MB in Drop Pod

5 GH with Melta, 3 CCW and Combi/MB in Drop Pod

5 GH with Plasam, 4 CCW and Combi/MB in Drop Pod

5 Long fangs with 2 ML and Lascannon

Iron Priest with TWM

3 TWC with WC/SS, BP/CCW and SS/CCW

Coteaz

I kind of like this one.

I'm going to pass on the SW/SOB Blob with Servitors, since I still don't have the two Servitors.

So the above one or:

SAF with GH Pods and WGBL with Black Death/SS

VSG with Mech Sisters and Blob of Sisters with Celestine.