Codex Eldar confirmed

pretre

Aren't those all Ranged D?  Ranged D is Out, isn't it?  

But in non-regulated games, yes.  It'll be interesting.  I'm interested to see what the Space Marine response will be, or if it's to continue to push for Imp Knight sales.

Ranged D was out when it was just forgeworld and a couple forts. Main codex? Yikes, that'll get contentious.

"windriders: same pts as before. 
3 windriders 

statline unchanged. 

may include up to 7 additional windriders for same points as before 
may take a windriderwarlock for same points as before pts 
warlock may replace his hagun zar for a runespear for the same points as before 
each windrider may exchange the TL shuriken catapult for: 
scatter laser or 
shuriken cannon, both same points. shuriken cannon as before. 

that means you can basically have a 10 man unit entirely kitted with scatterlasers for 27ppm and add another warlock to them 

they also are still troop selections. i think the meta shifts again. 

the only other interresting things are those leaked 2 datacards and the 1 leaked psychic power in the WD

runes of battle 1 
destroy/renew 
warpcharge 1 

its either: 
S5 ap 4 assault1, soulblaze flamer 
or: 
a friendly unit within 18" restores a single wound. this cannot bring units back to the board that have been removed as casuality. 

and for the datacards: 

11: 
1 victory point if you kill a character (not just in a challenge, just a character) 
12: 
gain a victory point if a enemy unit got killed by a eldar unit with the skimmer or eldar jetbike type. gain d3 vitory points if you killed 3 or more in one round. "

• Like 2

I think it's a factor of GW's vision of 7th edition.  You want to play all jumpers?  Great!  Make an Unbound list!  Also, BA can still do mech and drop pod (I think they can do drop pod BETTER now, honestly), so I don't get that point.  And they retain having distinct psychic powers.  

Yes, but I would argue that their vision of 7E is not good for the hobby or for the game. Unbound is not something that... basically anyone accepts because it's trivially easy to abuse and adds essentially nothing to the game. Removing a set of rules that let you do something interesting and then saying "...But you can still do that by simply not using the rules!" is terrible game design.

BA's mech and Drop Pod lists aren't particularly good now. Heavy Flamers are a cute trick, but they don't make up for their inability to support their drop forces with other tools the way SM can, their lack of a useful Chapter Tactic, and their inability to match SW's flexibility of melee/shooting. 10 SM Tacticals or 10 Grey Hunters in a Drop Pod are simply better than 10 BA Tacticals. And let's not kid ourselves about mech lists- BA are terrible at it, even if it technically is a thing they are legally allowed to do.

As for psychic powers, I realize they kept their unique tables... those tables are just really rather underwhelming and lost a lot of their cooler stuff. JotWW wasn't going to stay the same, obviously, and no one should have expected it to, but both SW and BA lost a lot of what made their powers distinct and instead got them replaced with "here is a slightly altered version of a BRB power." Even for those that are unique, they are typically rather lackluster- oooh, a random number of bonus attacks on one character! Why, that's like Warp Speed but with a very high chance of giving fewer attacks, no Initiative bonus, and no Fleet!

So, are you saying that they are less interesting in general or less diverse in power builds?  Because those are different points.

Both, and I don't think those two things are unrelated. Most people don't enjoy playing armies that do nothing but lose- there are exceptions, yes, but as a general rule people will only play armies that have at least a limited chance of winning. 7E took away a lot of options for functional builds (for example, you can no longer field an AV13 wall using BA) and I would say that means the codex is less interesting as a result- there's fewer unique ways to run it and fewer options for players to mess around with. That also taps into the competitive side of things- fewer options in the book means fewer potential ways to use them, resulting in a less interesting book from that standpoint as well. In simplifying and streamlining everything, GW has removed much of what makes the army distinct, and especially in combination with the removal of fluff it seems like an exceptionally poor way to handle codices.

Or even better, use the specific detachment that has 6 FA choices!

Sure, all you have to do is buy another book on top of the codex and also take two Troop choices that can't be Assault Marines on top of everything you were already taking.

The Flesh Tearers detachment is a stopgap at best, and it does nothing to solve many of the other lost builds in the codex nor the broader issue of having options (units, wargear, powers, etc) removed in ways that make the army less interesting.

• Like 1

So you pick that one part out of context, oh nevermind.

I played in a little 3 round tournament at OCC a few year back. I lost a very close game to Josiah, and then obliterated the other 2 people I played. Your sandbox is not somehow superior to any of the others around here, but you sure do make sure you stay in it yourself.

Wait.  WAIT.  Are you joking?

In the last year or so I have played or do play at Dark Tower games in Bellingham, the Bellevueish Games Workshop store that used to be huge, The Game Matrix in Tacoma, MUGU games in Everett, GW Tacoma, Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey which is a GINORMOUS gamer community that rivals anything anyone's ever seen,  Forever Knight Games in Olympia (a newer store) ALL THE WAY down to Dice Age and Guardian Games on MANY occasions.  I've also played TSHFT, Guardian Cup, the OFCC team event and the open.  I went to the Seattle GT, Games and Gizmos (not this year) when I go to meetings in Mercer Island, and did go there for Ard Boyz 2nd round.  I play at tournaments in Georgia.  I've recently played this year at Hard Knox Games in Kentuckyas well as the Armored Gopher.  This ignores all the games days and home events I attend and the shops I'm probably forgetting.

You just don't know me and you are flat wrong about my sandbox as many if not most can attest. I travel all the time, and i bring players with me.  I play three games a week.  You are very poorly informed and you're insulting my opponents, which include the people on this forum by the way!  Not awesome dude.  Not awesome.

I never said my "sandbox" was superior.  I am telling you that its the same damn sandbox, playing the same game.

Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey which is a GINORMOUS gamer community that rivals anything anyone's ever seen

I've also played TSHFT, Guardian Cup, the OFCC team event and the open. 

The first part sounds a little hyperbolic.

The second part... You were in the OFCC open? Maybe I was sicker than I thought, but I don't remember you there.

Also, I'm thinking you didn't mean you went to 'Ard Boyz in the last year. :)

I've been down there four times just since January.

Fair enough, I don't track your movements. I was defending you, btw. :)

Also, I'll have to say that both Steve and LH play a lot more than I do. I'll be lucky if I get in a game a month. Some folks don't need practice to excel though. :)

• Like 2

Both, and I don't think those two things are unrelated. 

Fair enough, and I mostly agree.  Though, we have a disagreement on power levels/variety of those dexes, honestly, but yours is more steeped in the current big-tourney meta, so I defer to your experience.  

But, and hear me out here, if you took Eldar, Tau, and Space Marine dexes as they are out of the meta, how would the BA/SW/Orks/GK fare?  

• Like 1

The second part... You were in the OFCC open? Maybe I was sicker than I thought, but I don't remember you there.

He meant in 2013 I think.  I know he was there for that one 'cause we played each other.  

He meant in 2013 I think.  I know he was there for that one 'cause we played each other.  

Right, right. I just thought it was a bit confusing. 2013 was a long time ago in a universe far, far away. I used to get regular games in back then.

Heck, in 2001 (I think) I was the  Dakkadakka brick and mortar store's league fanatic (most games played) in a couple of the leagues. Ahh, free time.

• Like 1

Yes i was in the OFCC open, two years ago, the first year they did it.  I did both events that year (2013?)  My eye surgeries kept me from going last year.

And I know that you were defending me.  I got that.  I mostly just was reinforcing what you said.

Yes i was in the OFCC open, two years ago, the first year they did it.  I did both events that year (2013?)  My eye surgeries kept me from going last year.

And I know that you were defending me.  I got that.  I mostly just was reinforcing what you said.

Oh, not last year then. I was at the one two years ago two, but that's too far for me to remember. :)

• Like 1

Wait.  WAIT.  Are you joking?

In the last year or so I have played or do play at Dark Tower games in Bellingham, the Bellevueish Games Workshop store that used to be huge, The Game Matrix in Tacoma, MUGU games in Everett, GW Tacoma, Olympic Cards and Comics in Lacey which is a GINORMOUS gamer community that rivals anything anyone's ever seen,  Forever Knight Games in Olympia (a newer store) ALL THE WAY down to Dice Age and Guardian Games on MANY occasions.  I've also played TSHFT, Guardian Cup, the OFCC team event and the open.  I went to the Seattle GT, Games and Gizmos (not this year) when I go to meetings in Mercer Island, and did go there for Ard Boyz 2nd round.  I play at tournaments in Georgia.  I've recently played this year at Hard Knox Games in Kentuckyas well as the Armored Gopher.  This ignores all the games days and home events I attend and the shops I'm probably forgetting.

You just don't know me and you are flat wrong about my sandbox as many if not most can attest. I travel all the time, and i bring players with me.  I play three games a week.  You are very poorly informed and you're insulting my opponents, which include the people on this forum by the way!  Not awesome dude.  Not awesome.

I never said my "sandbox" was superior.  I am telling you that its the same damn sandbox, playing the same game.

No, I wasn't entirely serious, since you decide to pick and choose what parts of a post to reply to, I'm picking and choosing what parts of you I'm bothering to pay any attention to. I am aware that you travel around now. But your post in response to 1 sentence I wrote was crazy condescending, so I gave it back to you.