Codex Eldar confirmed

pretre

I got the white dwarf today. Codex $58, Cards, Autarch with wings, Farseer on bike can make into Warlock $33, Bike Squad $41 American. Rules for bike in WD - same points cost but can take a warlock for 50 points so same cost as last codex - 5 points spear - same rules, ALL BIKES can take Shuriken Cannons or Scatter LAsers for 10 pts each. Scatter laser S6 AP6 4 shot NO LASER LOCK NOTED so looks like gone. Shuriken weapons have bladestorm same rule as last. Bike still 3up save, have battle focus still. 

Warlock level 1 can take warlock powers or Sanctic powers ( I really hope that Maelific is gone for Eldar - they should not be summoning daemons) 

Detachments are cool - all have vypers as obligatory tithe, Command 0-3 Eldrad, Illic, Phoenix lords, avatar, or 2 farseers and warlock council, Farseer obligatory HQfor main part of detachment 

Bike one, one with farseer and warlock council 

Extras - rangers, Wraithknight / lord / or fighter, 3 crimson hunters, 3 dire avenger units, wraith warhost - spiritseer, 3 wraith - guard/CC, wraithlord, wraithknight, others - Falcon/Prism/web hovercraft, 3 aspects choice of any 

There is an article where a Wraithknight is pitted against a bunch of stuff - no rules posted but there are hints in the article - it is now a Gargantuan creature, the d-cannons are destroyer now, the sword is a Dweapon and must be I1 since it swings on the new Bloodthirster with D-weapon at the same time to kill it. That is a game changer to wraithknights. 

Made a video will post it once had time to upload it on my you tube page. Cheers guys.

• Like 1

They had the rule before and couldn't use it last time either.  

Also, I'm pretty sure that he was saying that in a general sense, not specific to jet bikes.  

Kind of. I was alluding to the first sentence. The second sentence is not clear yet. We don't know what BF does yet.

Also, I'm not the one with the WD.

The wraith host is 1 spiritseer, 3 units of Wraith guard or CC, 1 wraithlord and 1 wraithknight - they do not give any hints to bonus for formations or detachments 

I don't think the D weapon CC is worth it for the wraithknight but him alone becoming Gargantuan changes SOOOOO many things - he can fire ALL his weapons (not just 2), he can fire at different targets, he can not overwatch, he has 5 up FNP auto, he can not be instant killed.

• Like 1

From Marneus41 on Warseer on the formations;

There are 3 different choice for guardian host :

- Guardian Battlehost ( 1 farseer, 3 unit guardian defenders, 1 Vyper squadron, 1 unit War walkers, 1 Vaul's Wrath Support Battery and 0-1 Warlock conclave)

- Windrider host (1 farseer, 1 warlock conclave, 3 unit Windriders, 1 Vyper squadron)

- Guardian storm host ( 1 farseer, 3 unit storm guardian , 1 Vyper squadron, 1 unit War walkers, 1 Vaul's Wrath Support Battery and 0-1 Warlock conclave

and

You need at least one of those formations to unlock the other one :

0-3 Regent of the warhost :

- Heroes of the craftworlds (1 Autarch or Yriel or Eldrad or Illic

- Seer council : 2 farseers (1 can be Eldrad, 1 warlock conclave

- living legends : 1 avatar or 1 of the phoenix lords

1-12 formation for each guardian ost

- outcasts : 1 unit Rangers

- crimson death : 3 crimson hunters

- dire avenger shrine : 3 unit Dire Avengers

- wraith host : 1 Spiritseer, 3 unit Wraith guards/blades (any combinaison), 1 Wraithlord, 1 Wraith Knight

- aspect host : 3 unit aspect warriors (any combinaison)

- wraith-construct :1Hemlock or 1 Wraithlord or 1 Wraithknight

- engines of vaul : 1 unit of Night Spinner or 1 unit of Fire Prism or 1 unit of Falcon

• Like 1

Every bike being able to take Scatter or Cannon is hella stupid. People think Wave Serpents are bad? Wait until you see 40x Bikes with Scatter Lasers (only 1100pts for 160 shots!)

Fair enough, and I mostly agree.  Though, we have a disagreement on power levels/variety of those dexes, honestly, but yours is more steeped in the current big-tourney meta, so I defer to your experience.  

But, and hear me out here, if you took Eldar, Tau, and Space Marine dexes as they are out of the meta, how would the BA/SW/Orks/GK fare?  

Still pretty poorly, I think. IG, Knights, Daemons and Tyranids still easily outperform the non-Necron 7E codices and with some rare exceptions (Orks vs Nids) the 7E books have really bad matchups against almost all of them. I think that, with the exception of Dark Angels, the 7E books are probably weaker than every 6E book that was printed. Even CSM has better tools than them thanks to Forge World, although if you subtract that out then the 7E ones probably rank above Chaos Marines.

A lot of people seem to think along those same lines- "If you just took out books X and Y, the 7E codices would be balanced"- but I don't think that is even close to true. There's just too many good books in 6E for them to have any chance until basically every single thing is replaced.

• Like 1