Deadzone?

Steel Angel

• 3 weeks later...

Did some sample games with my oldest over the weekend.

I really like the D8 system,also the opposed roll system is a nice change.

It certainly does seem to flow rather quickly though im still referring back to the charts most every combat,im sure that will change.

I had some questions pop up but cant remember them all at the moment.I do remember wondering if its allowed to do a shooting attack at a model in a square you occupie?...I assumed so but didn't see it clarified in the rules.

Also,if a unit is on overwatch and an enemy sprints into his square,can he use his "Move" part of his overwatch to leave the square instead of the "shoot" option?.And I assume that while on Overwatch a unit can get a shoot attack off at a model that just entered a square occupied by a friendly model "before the free fight action takes place?... that free action is noted in the rulebook as being "Immediately".

Having fun with it and still waiting on my Marauders:)

Things get faster. There's a cheat sheet that helps a lot.

Yes, you can shoot at a square you have dudes in. It is -2 dice.

Overwatch: Yes and no. If you have the option to 'Move' in your overwatch section of the card, you could. That being said, you'd need to roll well on Overwatch and get the one that lets you act before the triggering action. There's a couple states of overwatch (and this is off the top of my head, so double check the rulebook)

Overwatch Fails: Lose overwatch token. Do nothing.

Overwatch Succeeds: Lose overwatch token. Take an overwatch action after the triggering action completes.

Overwatch Doubles: Lose Overwatch token. Take an overwatch action before or after the triggering action completes.

Overwatch Triples: Keep overwatch token. Take an overwatch action before or after the triggering action completes.

It's basically a reaction time thing.

Things get faster. There's a cheat sheet that helps a lot.

Yes, you can shoot at a square you have dudes in. It is -2 dice.

Overwatch: Yes and no. If you have the option to 'Move' in your overwatch section of the card, you could. That being said, you'd need to roll well on Overwatch and get the one that lets you act before the triggering action. There's a couple states of overwatch (and this is off the top of my head, so double check the rulebook)

Overwatch Fails: Lose overwatch token. Do nothing.

Overwatch Succeeds: Lose overwatch token. Take an overwatch action after the triggering action completes.

Overwatch Doubles: Lose Overwatch token. Take an overwatch action before or after the triggering action completes.

Overwatch Triples: Keep overwatch token. Take an overwatch action before or after the triggering action completes.

It's basically a reaction time thing

To be clear..are you saying that the action of moving into an enemy square coupled with the "fight immediately" part of that move are considered all one action?.I guess I was thinking that the fight part was a separate, though free action that went along with it thus allowing just a success at overwatch to be needed for the move away.So basically the overwatch model needs to at least get doubles on the Overwatch check.

I guess ill have to play some more games with you guys to get this down pat.

On another note,My Marauders arrived today!..pretty sweet models too,now I have Kommandos for my Orks too,wewt!

Looking over the cards I can see im really gonna like these guys too.They seem to have a pretty good mix of shooting and assault capabilities.

• 2 months later...